Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDs with kids...

Clothing Makes the Girl LeslieBird's Avatar

CDs with kids...

If you have children, do they know about you CDing? If so, how old were they when they found out?

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Told mine just recently as adults,

My daughter was 24, my son 22. Problem was they both knew I crossdressed for probably 15 yrs or more, they just kept it to themselves and waited till I felt comfortable to tell them..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Can't help you with this one - no children - my golden retrievers do know and

they are alright with it as long as I feed them, no matter how I am dressed

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

I do

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieBird View Post
    If you have children, do they know about you CDing? If so, how old were they when they found out?
    Yes I have children. They do NOT know (that I know of). They are 14 & 15. My wife won't let me tell them. Maybe someday I will tell them.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I have three kids - 17, 14 and 8. To my knowledge, they do not know (if some of the stories I've heard on this board are true, they actually might). That is the way I would like to keep it. My daughter (the youngest) knows that daddy has a lot of pretty dresses and skirts and other clothes in his closet, but has been told that is due to mommy having a closet that is too small. Maybe some day I will have to make sure that my wife wears something from my closet, so my daughter doesn't get suspicious.

Sometimes, I goof up and forget things - leaving breast forms lying about, leaving clothes or makeup in the car. Today,for instance, I had a day off, so I went shopping. When I picked up my son, he asked why the car smelled like "soap" (it was my perfume). So to cover it up, I, . . . ummmm, . . . did something I usually blame the dog for. It covered up the perfume smell nicely and brought me back to "guy" mode quickly.

Sometimes, you gotta think on your feet, so to speak.

Kathi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

They don't know.

And mite NEVER!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, one boy (14), an done girl (13). She found out when she was 9 or 10, and the boy was just told this past year.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I have a stepson and hes not old enough yet to grasp the concept, but when he is... he'll know

*hugs*

Zarabeth
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I have three kids, a 20y boy, a 10y boy and a 7y daughter. They all know. The two younger ones have known for over 4 years and the oldest 1 year ago. all three accept me for who I am
    Drumming, My other hobby

two sons no one knows i,m still in the closet

I have 2 daughters, 12 & 15. I have never told them but I sometimes think they know, at least the older one. I know someone was in my stuff about a year ago and she jokes that I live a secret life as a crossdressing hitman a lot. I sometimes think I'd like to tell them but I don't want my ex to use it against me in any way as she's threatened to do in the past.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    My 18yr old daughter knows I shave my legs and she's fine with that. If only she knew the rest of the story.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    son and daughter , 14-12 do not know,, but i think they suspect. I use my wifes closet..

geesh mom ,, why do you have all these 5" heels that i never see you wear.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    Can't help you with this one - no children - my golden retrievers do know and

they are alright with it as long as I feed them, no matter how I am dressed

JoAnne Wheeler
    JoAnne, are they better with some outfits then with others?

My children are grown, well in some ways, and only my daughter knows. I told her after she turned 52 last year. My son doesn't know and never will as long as he is married! His wife would give me no peace!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member
    Three kids. Two aren't in my state and I seriously doubt they know, unless it is word of mouth from number three if she has figured it out. She is still in the house, but like a lot of teens, not around a lot. But you never know and have to be prepared mentally for finding out that they found you out!

I have 4 children and they where brought up with it right from the start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

There's a paper somewhere, can't currently find it, by an researcher called Allison Reisbig who asked adult children of CDers when and how they found out and how they felt about it. Her conclusions were generally very encouraging, all the children were accepting, only one had slight issues but they appear to have been related to the pre-existing stress between parent and child. Some had always known, some learnt in late teens and some in adulthood. The children themselves commented that it was just a part of their father, a significant proportion said that it had led to an improvement in family relations because their parent was more at ease. Most agreed that earlier or later disclosure was better, none had lerant during early teenage/puberty but felt they might have had issues at those ages where they are learning who they were; and of course think both parents are embarassing weirdos anyway! LOL
    I have a 1 year old, I'm well in the closet but I hope I can find it in me to come out soon to my SO so my baby can just always know and have no issues with it.
    Love
    Modesty

I have 3 kids, they knew about Debs from the start (since Dec) youngest is 12, daughter is 23 and eldest is 25
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Bitzflick View Post
    Yes I have children. They do NOT know (that I know of). They are 14 & 15. My wife won't let me tell them. Maybe someday I will tell them.
    Your story is a mirror of mine, the exception is I have 4 kids. 2 sons and 2 daughters ranging from 11- 18 years of age.

My wife does not see the need for them to know and I agree with her. We have decided that they ever asked then we would not lie to them about it.

But and this is a big BUT...........my eldest daughter plucks my eyebrows for me and I think she suspects that dad does something that he is not telling us.

I shave my legs and armpits and they all know but have never asked why or made any negative comments about it.

They do not know about Vicky or is that just us being niave.

Xx Vicky xX

I guess my story is a lot like the rest. My relationship with my most recent ex-wife was a don't ask don't tell, spent a long time in the closet. Shortly after we divorced my youngest needed a place to stay. I had been dressing on a nightly basis for several months, full femme on the weekends. I told her that I hoped it would not bother her that I wore skirts, hose and heels most of my time at home. Instead of the shock I expected, she assured me that she and her sisters had known for quite some time. Children to snoop through closets and dressers when the parental units are away. I waited to admit it to the rest until shortly before my 44th birthday. They all told the same story. I received 4.5 inch stiletto boots from the eldest, 4" tan teacher pumps from another and from the youngest silver sandal heels. My girls are 28, 27, 23 and 22. We now go shopping together and I even swap shoes from time to time with the two who wear the same size.
    If you think your children don't know you dress, they most likely do.
    Peace

I have three kids.
    My 16 year old daughter has seen and met "Debs".
    My 14 year old son has seen pics but never met "Debs" [his choice, he doesn't have a problem with it, but we've got a very good father and son relationship we both enjoy]
    My 7 year old son hasn't been told yet, but will be at some point in the near future when i feel he's able to understand it properly.

Crazy Lady
    Two boys, 12 and 15, that I told two months ago. The older has seen me dressed on one occasion. In the past, both have caught me with nail polish on my fingers and me in nightgowns.

Deanna

Three girls, twins who I told when they were 15 (too young) and Emily who knew at the same time but she was 17. The twins struggled for a while but are now fine with it. Not in their back yard though which I accept. Emily has never had any problem with it.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I have 2 kids 1 is 17 boy and a girl 15 and they have seen my leg shaved and my arm pits shaved since they were young and they have seen my wife pluck my eye bras when I have let them go.
    She re arches them I can keep them up.
    My kid just call it man scapeing but they don't know but a couple of Halloweens I have dressed up and there pretty floored.
    My son told me I looked better as a chick!
    In the back of my mined I'm saying AAAAAAAAAAAAAAright.
    But I think they know but till someone brings it up or asks I'm not saying anything.
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Modesty Blaise View Post
    There's a paper somewhere, can't currently find it, by an researcher called Allison Reisbig who asked adult children of CDers when and how they found out and how they felt about it. Her conclusions were generally very encouraging, all the children were accepting, only one had slight issues but they appear to have been related to the pre-existing stress between parent and child.
    Love
    Modesty
    Thanks for the info, Modesty! As a result, I was able to locate at least one item by Allison Reisbig on the topic, "THE LIVED EXPERIENCES OF ADULT CHILDREN OF CROSSDRESSING FATHERS: A RETROSPECTIVE ACCOUNT," her 2007 Ph.D. dissertation.

It can be found at http://krex.k-state.edu/dspace/bitst...eisbig2007.pdf

Here's one quote from the Abstract:

"Specifically, the results revealed that the participants adjusted
    to having fathers who are crossdressers relatively easily. The closeness of their relationships, the timing and nature of disclosure, their fathers’ comfort levels with being crossdressers, and the familial response to the fathers’ crossdressing were all revealed to play important roles in the participants’ acceptance of and adjustment to their fathers’ being crossdressers.

"Overall, the participants identified more positive effects than negative in reference to their relationships with their fathers and their social adjustment."
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).