Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "high maintenance"

"high maintenance"

The other night my wife told me that looking like what a woman is expected to look llike is a lot of work. I said ok Then she explains that it takes hours to get ready to do anything and its not easy. Once again i say ok. She says being a woman is just "high maintenance"

Then she asks why would anyone who does not have to want to go through it all just to feel good?

my thought was "that's just part of it" kind of like the price we have to pay to for anything we enjoy.

What does everyone else think?
    Last edited by CDPAUL; 03-10-2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Good things are worth the wait and effort

I think that that pretty much sums it up. In time it gets a little routine. I mean it kind of wears off after a while. Like on the weekends, I don't really bother too much. Jeans a blouse, a little lip gloss,tie my hair back,flats or sandals... and out the door.
    I can see where the part time dresser, would want to get all girlied up when they do get the chance to dress. it just ads to the feel,it's what it's all about i suppose.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

it's work!

If there is one message I would like to get out to the world it's that those of us who have a need to explore our feminine side, have a need to "feel" feminine, or to transition fully aren't doing this just as a perverted lark! No one could appear to be as masochistic as someone attempting to live in two genders, or to transition from one to the other! I understand for some it's a fetish and maybe the maintenance is less for that, but for those of us living in two genders it's quite clear that only those really driven would attempt to do this. Our male bodies are not simple ready to conform to female norms! Heck, I've been at my eyebrows for almost 3 years and they are only now moved to where I want them!

We are committed...we have to be to keep doing it!

tina

The journey is its own reward.

Other than when I am rushed, I enjoy the process of bathing, shampooing, shaving, moisturizing, picking my undies, doing my makeup, curling my hair, ironing/fluffing my dresses, slipping the stockings up my legs, stepping into my shoes, slipping into my dress, unrolling/combing/spraying my hair, adding my jewelry and accessories, spritzing my perfume, and finally doing my nails.

This isn't maintenance; it's a delightful process!

Now my dear wife doesn't enjoy this process for herself and dresses much more casually - and always looks great. Not all GGs are high maintenance, nor are all CDs.

If you enjoy it; do it! If it seems like a chore (as it apparently does for your wife), don't do it.

Be happy!

-jj

Tell its BECAUSE we love the going through getting dressed and ready - that

is part of it - we have to create this other woman - that is half the fun - the

other half is the excitement and joy that we get when we look at the finished

product along with acceptance and compliments.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Joanne

You said it girl!

Always Pretty in Pink PanteeQueen's Avatar
    I have to agree. Seeing something come together is half of the fun!!

Silver Member
    not necessarily true---I know a lot of GGs who don't seem to spend a lot of time on thier appearence and I know some who do---it's easy to tell the difference.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDPAUL View Post
    Then she asks, why would anyone who does not have to, want to go through it all just to feel good?
    That's something that I can't explain specifically (although I wish I could). The best I can come up with is that......with me anyway.....it's just an innate desire to rid myself of my masculine-side (even if it's only underdressing with forms) for a little while. CDing allows me to "be someone else" for a while and it calms/relaxes me......helps me "de-stress". Why ? That's the million dollar question.

Well, it doesn't take hours, with a little practise.

True, I enjoy the dressing and going out, but that's not why I dress. I dress to satisfy an urge that comes from within.

I don't itch because I enjoy the relief from scratching, I scratch to get rid of the itch.
    DonnaT

Smile Tullahoma

Hi CDPaul, I just had to answer your post for a very unusual reason- it is where you live. I have been in Tullahoma just once- a very good friend of mine lives there otherwise I wouldn't have recognized the name of your city.
    I too am a cd and have been for years. I enjoy the time we spend as we prepare for our time as women. I admit, if I had to spend the same amount of time to dress for my male activities as it does to prepare as Carol, it probably not be as much "fun" but fun it is to those of us who are part time women.
    Incidentally, I enjoyed my visit to Tullahoma.
    Carol Anne

For those of us who are males, the prepping and primping is a necessary means to become female or, at best, feel like one. Unfortunately, most of us can't simply toss on a skirt and top and go out as a woman. We must go through all the steps first.
    Fortunately, for many of us, that necessity is also a time of enjoyment and relaxation.
    The final product is its own reward.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by CDPAUL View Post
    Then she asks why would anyone who does not have to want to go through it all just to feel good?
    She gave you the answer when she asked the question.Just to feel good!What could be more important than that.
    I don't find it to be a chore, I love the time I spend getting dressed,and playing with make up, and after 35 years of doing make up it never gets old.
    Tina

Ive only tried makeup a few times and I would agree that it is too much work, maybe I would change my view with time but right now it is a lot of time, trouble and expense. Why do it? As you all know there is the inner need to express ourselves, why this way? I wish I knew. So from what I have learned about the female lifestyle, yes some of it can be High Maintenance but it can also be (I cant even find words to describe it), it is just who I am anymore, and who I have to live/deal with.

Well, I dunno really. Sometimes it's hard to tell who the real "girls" are but there is no doubt in my mind who the real women are. Some things you just cannot fake no matter how much time is spent.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes, it does take some time and special effort to get ready when going out. But in my short time exploring this side of my life (I am a late bloomer), I have found that I prefer to get ready quickly so that I have more time as the finished product to be out and about. Just driving dressed is fun for me. But my goal is to be out there eating at a nice restaurant, having a nice conversation with my dinner mate(s), talking with the waitress and even the table next to me, then heading out for an after dinner drink and good conversation. Interactions with others give me that great non-chemical high that I enjoy so much. So, the preparation is for me just a needed pain that takes too long that then allows me to really enjoy my time dressed.

"why would anyone who does not have to, want to go through it all just to feel good?"
    It's all in this question. Actually, women don't HAVE to go through all that. Sometimes they feel obliged to, sometimes they like to. Women like looking good: society's expectations are for a lot of detail work to be put in. Sometimes they are moved to make a lot of effort, sometimes less.
    We CDers are the same if we want to take on the female role.
    I think perhaps your wife was playing devil's advocate here, trying to find some way to put down your CDing.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    It takes me half an hour to get ready to go out. I must be low maintenance. Wow! I bet Becky's glad of that

Sarah...

I'm definitely high maintenance! Hair done once a month, eyebrows professionally done once a month (and groomed daily), acrylic nail manicure every two weeks, pedicure every couple of months . . .

I don't get much "enjoyment" out of getting dressed and doing my hair and makeup, although I did get a kick out of those things years ago. Now they are just part of my routine, something to be done as quickly as possible so that I can get on with my day.

L *L*O*V*E* being "Persephone" and being out in the world, interacting with other women and with men, and enjoying my friends.

I *L*O*V*E* being part of "girl world," actually talking with my friends, sharing in their lives, loves, and problems. So different from life en drab.

And, while I don't completely love all of it, I do feel comfortable with my responsibilities -- getting dinner ready, maintaining a home, doing the laundry, shopping, etc.

Why do we do it all? I don't know, why do GG's do it?

Perhaps the best summary is something I read a long time ago, "Beauty is best appreciated by those who strive to achieve it."
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

High maintenance???

Hell i could probably buy a Ferrari for what this has cost me

High Maintenance Marlena_Sparkles's Avatar
    It's all worth it to me. All the time,effort & $$$$ = LOVE!!! I wouldn't trade my situation for the world!

BTW...I consider myself HIGH MAINTENANCE...and so would the guy dating me. Hehehe
    Don't let fear stop you from pursuing your dreams

Deborah, so perfectly stated!! Jenn
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Former Member
    Me......high maintenance???

It's a good thing I'm not a GG. I would primp for hours every day.....

High Maintenance Marlena_Sparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    High maintenance???

Hell i could probably buy a Ferrari for what this has cost me
    I hear ya sister!!! When I look at all my handbags,I see my Mercedes which I could've had. (
    Don't let fear stop you from pursuing your dreams