Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "high maintenance"

some days im high mainainence,somedays im not.i have the choice.
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

I'm with you Debra Jane and Marlene, I know I'm a little high maintainence and for what I have spent on my clothes,shoes, lingerie, wigs and makeup, I could have bought a couple of Harleys Davidsons. But then again it is all worth it to see the end product. A Happy and content beautiful lady, Dawn Marie.
    Striving for acceptance.

Professional Socialite
    It takes me about 45min to get ready, shower, shave, makeup, clothes selection and getting dressed. I dont go over the top, I like sexy clothes but I dont wear anything that most girls wouldnt wear, I blend in for the most part. I might sacrifice comfort for beauty in some areas, i.e. heels, skirt if its cold ect.. depends on where I am going and what im doing. I dont think im high-maintenance, my warddrobe and makeup are LOL. Most expensive thing I have is my Coach handbag, but thats a neccesity!
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Well, maybe. But, WE don't have to do it EVERY DAY!

WAIT! Before u get your panties all twisted, I mean the way I CD!

I spend AT LEAST, 3+ hours for every dressing session I do!
    Most run about 5 hours!

Remember what Dr. Frankinfurter said, " An----------------ticipation, hightens the experience!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am High Maintenance.

I can spend hrs showering, cleaning my face, attaching my breast forms, corset, hose, shaving, makeup, hair, mascara, earrings, neckless, jewlery this can take 45min to an hour if I know the look I want. I have just started to use womens perfume (female-fermones).

I usually stand out a little because I am ~5'11" and because for my big thighs I wear large breast forms to give me a more hour-glass look.

Meet me at Smugglers Cove PaulaSF's Avatar
    I'd agree with the two main threads here- practice, planning (picking an outfit & setting it out, that morning, for example), and streamlining can get you pretty quick turn-arounds, and that one can linger/relish, as well.

I've done 20 minute if pre-shaved, for example, but if lingering over drinks/getting ready with a gal pal, the inevitable "dragtime" kicks in, and perhaps isn't that really letting ourselves go, and savoring being sexy classy gals (PC spin on high maintenance, which along with "gold-digger" is what I hear from the lads, when explaining what being a "rules girl" entails"

Like Allie brought up, its a means justifying the ends for many of us- the whole "See and be seen" vibe (for me, conversation, perhaps second, Allie!) of an evening out and sharing adventures & tales with those you're out with, makes it all fly, for me.

I have a general guideline of wanting to spend at least as much time, out dressed, as prep & travel time, combined (that darn rules gal, again!)

cheers,
    Paula

My two cents….

I’ll agree that females are simply higher maintenance people in general, than men. Make up and hair care take time, and if a woman is prepping for an evening out rather than just for work, they take even more time to get ready. She’s gotten the make up part down to a science, as she should at this point in her life, and it doesn’t take her much longer to apply if we’re going somewhere special. Still, make up takes her a good 15 minutes in the morning.

As far as jewelry is concerned, she usually doesn’t change earrings, but it takes her a few minutes to select and put on a necklace and bracelets that will match her outfit. Of course, selecting an outfit takes a while. I’ve seen her change clothes 3 times in the morning, and often she needs to change to a different color bra or panties so that it won’t show through whatever she’s finally decided to wear.

In contrast, men don’t wear make up. Hair care for us is minimal. My SO needs to spend 5 to 10 minutes on her hair in the morning before work. I spend about 5 seconds combing or brushing mine after a shower. I don’t have my roots touched up every 2 weeks. Heck, most places I don’t even have roots to touch up! LOL

When it comes to selecting “an outfit” when I’m in drab, it’s either jeans and a shirt, and almost any shirt goes with jeans, or khakis and a blue oxford button down and a rep tie. That equates to “no prep time.”

However, in femme mode, I take a lot longer than she does to get gussied up. The reality is that she can roll out of bed in the morning, or out of the shower, throw on just about any clothing, and she looks like a girl. I don’t. I really have to work at it and even then it’s not too convincing. That’s just a simple fact of life.

So, yes, women are higher maintenance than we are when we are in guy mode, but when we go for girl mode, we need to do the Avis thing and “try harder,” which takes more time for us than it usually does for them.

Jenny

Isn't all the preparation part of the fun. I love doing my makeup and trying different things. After a year I'm just really starting to get it together and have mastered mascara at last. It's not the time but the final result. I'm a closet CD so only my wife (not all times) & I see the end result but it transforms me into someone else I want to be when the mood takes me. Other times it can be just a quick change but the thrill is not the same.

Seem's like most of us think alike

When I think about what it's all about for me... I think that if I were to tell anyone I know that I cross dress and that person knows me and knows that I hate to dress up as a male (i.e. nice clothes or special occasion duding up as it were) that the idea would escape them as to why I dress up in female garb... and I've said it elsewhere that I don't think of it as dressing up as most women think of the drudgery of dressing up (must be why they rarely do it anymore).. I dress this way because it really is simple.. I like the way it feels to wear womens clothes..now if I were a woman would I like to dress up?? fat chance, but at least I could wear whatever I wanted without scrutiny as men get.. we should be the opposite.. men should set the rules not cower to them... by the way high maintenance; it can be, depending how in depth you go with dressing up..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

What she may not realize is how much more work it takes for a CD to look good than a GG!

But of course she and all GGs are pressured to look good every single day. We enjoy it more because we get to do it so seldom. If I had to look feminine every day, it would, eventually, feel like work for me, too--although it might take quite a while. The two hours or so it takes me to look remotely like a girl are the most heavenly time I spend anywhere..

There was a time once when women were not expected to be in the workplace--yet many of them wanted that! Boy if I could find a way to stay home and look pretty I'd take it! (Although I know how much work being a "housewife" back then really was... )