Thread: Puberty

Thumbs down Puberty

When was yours? What was the worst part? Do you prefer not to talk about it because it was too horrible?

I started at 9 years old so I don't remember much of it. Except that it really sucked that I was ahead of everyone else. I think the worst for me was starting the Red Death at 11. I didn't know what was going on (very sheltered childhood), so I just tried to hide it. Never occurred to me that "Hey, I'm bleeding. That might be bad. Will I bleed to death?".

In terms of traumatic-ness though, puberty was nowhere near the hell that was pregnancy and post-partum for me. Holy sheet.
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

I started around age 10. I woke up one morning. Looked in the mirror, turns out They started growing. "****". Then about a year later came "The Red Death", as you call it. "****!" Every morning's been one frustrated "****" after another, until about halfway through high school, when all my male friends started getting taller and stronger with deeper voices and facial hair, and I was not. At that point, I just got depressed.

It was in middle school, the worst part was the fact that I was in middle school, I prefer not to think about it because that whole time was very bad for me.
    Story of my life –>

Got past 11, phew, got past 12, phew, got past 13, phew, got past 14, phew, got past 15, phew...

Bang, 16th birthday 'the red death' LOL.

Happy birthday to you too, twat.

Thought i had missed it all, thought i was going to be lucky.

No.

However, the chestal area didn't start developing until around 17ish, then bang...massive.

Damnit.

Getting sorted soon though, the doctor is rushing me along. Can't wait till next April, bye bye chest.

Mwahahaaaaa.
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

I was one of the minority who get pubic hair before breasts. I got pubic hair and increased arm hair when I was 10, and probably breast buds though I don't really remember; when I was 11 I got actual breasts and I also got hips, underarm hair and my period. I spent two days in denail about the period, then cried and cried. That was the summer I began to need a bra, but I refused to wear one until I had to go back to school. I had just turned 12 then.

The whole experience was horrible and I dislike thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lane View Post
    I was one of the minority who get pubic hair before breasts. I got pubic hair and increased arm hair when I was 10, and probably breast buds though I don't really remember; when I was 11 I got actual breasts and I also got hips, underarm hair and my period. I spent two days in denail about the period, then cried and cried. That was the summer I began to need a bra, but I refused to wear one until I had to go back to school. I had just turned 12 then.

The whole experience was horrible and I dislike thinking about it.
    I never wore a bra cause i was too embarrassed although my mother tried to convince me, i just binded with a scarf until a friend bought me a binder online using their credit card and delivered to their house.

I'm lucky i don't have hips, well i do but they are high and not wide thankfully and are only noticeable when i look. No-one else sees them.

I used to proper dislike thinking about it all the time, but the way i see it is when i'm a dad to a wee girl and she's like "oh god something bad has happened" i can firstly suggest a few things, using my sister etc as examples and then send her off to her mum when i've convinced her it's okay.

So i guess that's sorta a good thing.

I can't even remember when I started 'developing' up top. It was definitely in elementary school, though, and before most everyone else. I didn't use to have hips though...until I had the baby. Now they're huge and annoying.

Incidentally I don't mind the red death so much, since every month it's a "wohoo! Not pregnant!" moment...
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Quote Originally Posted by 4serrus View Post
    I can't even remember when I started 'developing' up top. It was definitely in elementary school, though, and before most everyone else. I didn't use to have hips though...until I had the baby. Now they're huge and annoying.

Incidentally I don't mind the red death so much, since every month it's a "wohoo! Not pregnant!" moment...
    Sorry to be personal...but, when you said that you don't mind the red death as it means you're not pregnant...

So that means that you still have sex as a female?

PM me if you don't want to reply here.

Yah, I do. Occasionally I even enjoy it. I'm more towards the middle of the gender spectrum than some of the others here.

I'm also attracted to men and real good at playing pretend....
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by 4serrus View Post
    Yah, I do. Occasionally I even enjoy it. I'm more towards the middle of the gender spectrum than some of the others here.

I'm also attracted to men and real good at playing pretend....
    Yeah the whole attracted to men bit i understand, i am too but would never ever ever do the whole female sex bit, nope.

Everyone to their own i guess.

Lol.

Good movie about this: Mitt Liv som Hund (My Life as a Dog). The tomboy starts to grow breasts and gets the main character, who's a boy and a friend of hers, to help her bind them up. I sympathise. When my mother wanted to measure me for my first bra I carried on like nobody's business, and then tried to bind with toilet paper, of all things.

Started puberty at 10. Horrible.

[SIZE="1"]Boobs, bras, and PERIODS...[/SIZE]

THEN, if that wasn't bad enough on its own, my biodad would always snap the bras he'd force me to wear, to make sure I had one on...If I didn't have it on (which I never did), he'd make me put one on and snap it afterward for the hell of it.

I also used to get debilitating cramps from the you-know-what...Now I don't (proper diet and exercise has helped that) but I still get massive junk cravings during that time, and I've even gotten violent from it.

- C.J.

My puberty started pretty early, too. Besides debilitating cramping (I'd get off of school about two days a month), nothing really changed with my body. To this day, I'm very flat-chested and built like an adolescent boy. My periods have also never been on schedule, which seems to be both a gift and a curse. As I get older, they're getting increasingly few and far-between, but I also don't know when they're going to sneak up on me.

This past winter, though, I literally bled for four months straight. That really sucked, to say the least. It was like my body wanted to make up for lost time or something. But now, I haven't had one since.

Horror story over.

For me, the chest arrived before everything else. My brother teased me about it (I was about 8) and I eventually went to my mum and said, "Mum, do I have boobs?" because I hoped she would deny it and everything could go back to normal. She didn't.

I wasn't upset at my first bra, which my mum bought on her own and left on my bed because I refused to go shopping with her. I was pleased at the way it tucked everything in and I didn't have to think about it anymore. I must have been around 10/11 at that point.

William.