Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing in a Phone Booth, and Car

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar

Changing in a Phone Booth, and Car

Hi gurls,
    in discussion with my SO regarding my recent out activities,, she asked where do you change.
    I said in the car!! kind of in a superhero way.

Now, im a master of change in a 1/2 hr in full makeup, i even have wet wipes for the the change back... A cross dressing road mobile!!
    I have kids so i have to change out on the road, what about you???
    Last edited by RobertaM; 03-10-2009 at 10:58 PM.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I've changed in my car a couple of times.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I hate it!

I've changed several time in my car and it takes forever!! I've even put on hose and garter belt before I left home and it still seems like it takes a terribly long time. Have tried the public rest room and the minute I locked the door some jerk wanted in!

Any suggestions??

Susan in Phoenix 78 tomorrow

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

How cute, super hero style.

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    im even thinking of x dressing mobile service,, quick pump up tent in the walmart parking lot, mobile MAC table,, wamm bamm,, instant t_girl!!!
    1-800-call-tgirl

Professional Socialite
    I used to when I fought crime :> LOL, Actually takes me back about 10 years the first time I ever went out, oh the memories LOL, I remember putting makeup on VERY badly, in a hotel parking lot, in the dark lipstick on teeth everything, false nails overglued, crooked in clothes WAY too tight could hardly walk and I looked like a hooker from thriller :> went inside a gay bar and everyone was actually friendly, whispered anything I said. Took about an hour to get ready. I had way to dark foundation only on most of the face, used red lipstick for blush smeared on, bright blue eyeshadow on the wrong part of the lids. makes you realize how much you learn in time. was actually a good exp. and a learning curve.
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have changed in my car many times - this will do, but it sure isn't the ideal

spot

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

In the same boat and I'm always changing out in my car, or my supergirl changing booth as I've called it before (see roadtrip report http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=101188).

Being able to put on as much of your foundation garments beforehand helps a lot. Although it's not an ideal situation, with practice the car thing doable and might be the only option for some of us.

This is one reason I've come to enjoy department store makeovers so much, or for the eyes at the very least. Not having to worry so much about the eyes cuts some serious time off of the entire process of getting ready.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I've never even thought of attempting to change in my car or truck! I need space. I have a huge bathroom and dressing room with lots of lights and mirrors. I can just picture me halfway dressed in a car and getting a huge cramp in my back and having to call 911! Not a pretty sight!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

When I am on the road, for business, I change in the room and walk out to my car (via side door). BUT, when I am home, I almost always change in the car. My wife always want to know why I leave early and come home late. I have told her, it takes forever to get ready and take stuff off, although I am pretty fast these days---practice makes perfect. I too have make-up remover wipes, polish remover, change of clothes, etc. I have a small bag that is my "ready" bag---clothes, shoes, make-up, etc. I even have a small kit with shaving cream, razors, etc. My big issue is that if I go out at night, even wih my inner car lights on, the lighting is horrible. Wherever I go, I immediately rush off to the ladies room to check my makeup. I am gonna invest in a portable, lighted, make-up mirror to solve this lighting issue.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton

When I started I used to change in the car but it felt so seedy and wrong and I'd emerge looking a complete mess. I can't imagine doing it now - but if needs must!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I have changed in the car a few times. When my wife would go away on business and I wold have a meeting or something I would bring my things. When I was finished I would drive to a secluded place and change. I only got out of the car to adjust my dress or skirt. I would then drive home en femme and that would be it. This was very exciting.

Yes, I'v changed in the car a few times. It has to be outerwear, wig and make-up only - I'd be already underdressed. Apart from the difficulty, I really don't want to be naked in the car. Even in secluded spots I've been surprised by dog walkers. They're just embarrassed if they see a woman in a bra pulling on a sweater, but it might be tricky if they saw more.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I too have done the "in-car" routine. But I put on as much as possible before leaving the house. I have found that by just reversing the skirt upwards or pulling it as far as it will go down while wearing somewhat baggy men's dress slacks, I have one less item to put on in the car. I usually get a cramp in my feet when I remove my man shoes and socks and then put on my femme shoes. I also try to put on the make-up foundation. I finish up dressing, eyeshadow, liner and mascara, plus lipstick and jewelry plus wig in the car. I am actully getting better with the eye stuff because I am so much closer to the mirror in the car and can actually see myself better! Where there is a will, there is a way. Go for it.

Not the one on TV!
    All the time.....I did it this morning!

Yup. I do it all the time. One time I came home at four AM. I though "aw nobody will be up," I'll just pop in the bath and remove my make up and hit the sack. But as I got closer to home I re thought my idea, and changed in the truck. And yes I'm glad I did, because my young son saw me come home, and was holding the door for me.

I've done the "in the car" change before. It's not fun. If I'm going out and don't have all the time I need, I'll try to dress before leaving but take care of hair and make up on the way. I also have a "safe house" just in case, too.
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

That's why the third (or fourth?) 'car' in the household is a conversion van!
    I feel a little safer with blinds on all the windows, and it has pretty fair interior lighting. Not the best for getting that "just right" look, but sure beats the contortions required in the back seat. I'm not as young as I used to be.
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

yes I have done the car change but just to finish off put the wig on and pull
    off the track pants if wearing a skirt I hate changing in my car though
    I got caught once some guys were watching me take off my wig I didnt see
    them till they came along side my car I took off I guess they had a good laugh

The police once caught me changing in car. I thought it was a secluded park and I was away from others. I was just getting ready to go-this was during the day and the police pulled up behind me. I was made to get out, take off my wig and was spread eagled across the car. It turns out someone at the park reported strange goings on. I was lucky and was just warned and let go. This was in Michigan in a rural county.

dressing in car

i make sure i put on my face minus lipstick and blush and be dressed without my wig and shoes dressed over with it in baggy guys clothing befrore going out. drive to a quiet place and finish up dressing there. its kind of nerve racking until you are finished and on your way. barbara

sweet

[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Oh yea, i've changed in the mall parking lot, strip malls and even a truck stop for my road trip, can't say to much for my makeup in the rear view mirror but my earrings looked hot, never a phone booth or a gas station RR. getting dressed can be alittle stressful but exciting. and i still do it and enjoy every minute of it. dress on babies Sky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]dancing the night away!!!

Having a plan

While I have changed in cars, it is never very good but it helps if everyting is in place underneath first. I have pack purse, boots, implants and skirt and jacket in my carry on. Wear male clothes with a sweater. Had my base and eye makeup is on and everything femme underneath.

I have completed a complete transformation on the plane, not the best idea. Having everythng ready to go I change my shoes to high heeled boots in the gate area.
    Then I go back to the washroom on the plane and put the wig on, finished my makeup before taking my seat. I can then go back later to change top and to knee length skirt and then went out and took seat.

Upon leaving the plane, on my way to get my luggage, I stop along the way at a womens restroom to get the rest of Barb together,
    the real test is once you commit to the wig and implants you cannot go back.
    But Once done, you are on your way.
    Barb

Had to change in my regular cab Ford Ranger a few times. What an inconvenience...No Room!!!!

I've done the change in the car a few times now days I'll just finish up putting on jewlery and my hair depending how I wear it.....and o yeah I still cannot drive with heels on any tips????