Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Achieving a girly figure

Achieving a girly figure

Im sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in.

At the moment im a bit chubby, have a beer belly etc etc, i was lying in bed today thinking how great it would be to have a more 'girly' figure i.e nice flat stomach and a sort of hour glass figure.

Would this be possible to achieve? Has anybody got any tips or advice?

Thanks again x

The only "miracle" is a nice corset, and maybe hip and but pads. Otherwise, calories going out has to be more than calories going in. Diet and exercise, diet and exercise.

Good luck on your journey, it'll be worth it.
    -Sedona

Hi Angel,

That is one of the major challenges we have to overcome! I am built like a triangle broad shoulders, waist and butt are narrow plus I am carrying 30 lbs extra poundage. I do all I can to achieve the desired hour glass figure with hip and butt padding, I don't over do the bust becuase I and already to big across my chest. and I wear shape flattering fashions that enhance the waistline etc. Now the biggist challenge is to lose some weight and put down the beers which I love!!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

you can achieve it if you're willint to pay your dues

Yes, it is very possible to achieve a girly figure... or at least a more girly figure than what you've got now.

There's no magical solution though. You've got to work at it. And when I say work, I mean work. There's nothing fun or enjoyable about it, but the key to slimming down and looking fit and girly is to exercise, eat right, and exercise some more.

I spent up to two hours a day exercising. I'm not one of those people who feels great when I exercise - it's rather unpleasant. It's just something I have to do though.

I have a flat stomach and you can too. How flat? Click the link and find out. That's me, as of yesterday. I work my butt off to look this way, so I do flaunt it when I can.

Lots and lots of sit-ups, crunches, serious time on the treadmill, and eating right is how I was able to look this way. It is true that some girls (cd's) are genetically prone to just be slim and look great naturally. Unfortunately, I did not fall into that category, so I have to really work at it. And I'll say it again - it really is hard work.

This may not be the answer you were looking for, but you can make it work for you if you choose to.

If you do start to get seriously in to exercising, I recommend hooking up with a personal trainer and/or dietician so that you do it right. Starving yourself and over-exercising can be very bad for your health, so make sure you do your research first.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Not going to be easy.

It can be gone, but with some work. If you havn't already, change your diet to something more healthy. Start a workout routine to help with the unwanted handles. Buy some shaper garments(Spanx, Corsets, etc.). Last but not least STICK WITH IT! I hope this helps?
    Cary

Thanks for the advice. Im not looking for a quick way, and i know it will take a lot of time and hard work which im more than prepared to do. My diet isnt too bad, its just the lack of excerise thats te problem.

What do shaper garments actually do/achieve?

You will look good, (as M or F) protect your heart and reduce your chances of diabetes if you lose that spare tire. There is a diet that is so easy you can do it in your sleep--and it saves you 30 minutes a day. Set your alarm a half hour later--skip breakfast.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsy View Post
    Hi Angel,

That is one of the major challenges we have to overcome! I am built like a triangle broad shoulders, waist and butt are narrow plus I am carrying 30 lbs extra poundage. I do all I can to achieve the desired hour glass figure with hip and butt padding, I don't over do the bust becuase I and already to big across my chest. and I wear shape flattering fashions that enhance the waistline etc. Now the biggist challenge is to lose some weight and put down the beers which I love!!

Kelsy
    Take it from one who knows quite well Kelsy, you can live without beer. Used to be one of my pleasures. We just have to watch what we eat and move around more. In my case it I could take my belly and place it to my butt and hips, My jeans would fit me so well and I would be a smiling Gal.
    Jolene

I'm in the same boat...I am not skinny but I've lost more weight since I've been CDing post-childhood in the past couple months than I have in years. It's such a motivation to do it! Plus prior to I started I ate out of unhappiness, and I've been much more happy since I have started, so that helps too! Just stick with a plan and diet and exercise and you can do it!

Shaper garments pad you and give you curves in the right places. Check out this thread. "losing more weigh to look more fiminine" in regarsd to weight loss .
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Shaper garments pad you and give you curves in the right places.
    can anybody point me in the right direction? Also im from the uk so can i get them from here?

Check out some web sites that offer clothing for crossdressers.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

As others have said in a few threads, fewer calories in than are being used!

Over the past few days I have calorie-counted what I eat (using a website). I have a target for each day and if you exercise (not counting normal activity), you get calories credited. The aim is to take in less than your target. What is interesting is how few calories are in my breakfast and lunch, but evening meals and alcohol really lift the intake - at precisely the wrong time of day!! I have not had a beer in months but wine also needs a cutback!

Its true losing weight to cd is motivating me. There are health benefits too - I am winning on all counts.

What is the website

Lisa what is the website you use for calorie counting. I am one of those who needs to see things in black and white to really get me motivated and that website would help me. I know I have reduced my calorie intake and upped my exercise, but I don't know if it is enough.........Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie-L View Post
    Lisa what is the website you use for calorie counting. I am one of those who needs to see things in black and white to really get me motivated and that website would help me. I know I have reduced my calorie intake and upped my exercise, but I don't know if it is enough.........Stephanie
    Not sure what site she is using but one site I've used is http://caloriecount.about.com/. You can even include things like toweling off after shower, walking to the car etc.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsangel View Post
    Would this be possible to achieve? Has anybody got any tips or advice?
    Jolan Tru,

Well, just stop eating so much. Don't let food control you. As simple as that...

Minus the triple six.. :)
    It's not real healthy, but dietary supplements can be very effective for weight loss. I used to be a staunch supporter of ephedrine products, till meth heads and athletes caused the FDA to ban it. However, I have found an alternative in a product called Yellow Bullets. They contain ephedra extract, but it is not the same as the old stuff like Metabolife. Anyway, the Yellow Bullets work great to suppress appetite, and give energy. There are side effects like nausea and jitters, due to the large amount of caffeine. I've been on them for 12 days and have lost 10 lbs, granted, I am very experienced at taking these kind of things.

Lots of people will tell you that it's unhealthy, and it is, but for someone like me who has a knee injury preventing me from strenuous exercise, it's great. I stay hydrated and take vitamins to counter the lack of food. I have to force myself to eat once a day.

Like I said I know what I'm doing, but everyone is different. I'll take side effects and super fast weight loss over safety any day, but that's me. I have been over weight nearly my entire life, and dieting isn't effective enough for me. I wanna lose 30 lbs a month, not 3! Don't knock it till you try it!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Hellsangel,

Unfortunately, as others have said, there's not really any quick fixes unless you are looking for a "temporary corset fix". Diet and exercise is the way to go ... and IMHO, education on what not to eat.

Read your labels! Don't eat anything without knowing how many calories you are consuming. Here;s a link to website to help you.
    http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/

There are so many foods out there that look harmless enough but in fact have a ton of calories. Like nuts for example. They're a good natural food but quite high in calories (I love nuts ). Eating more fruits and veggies will naturally fill you up with lower calorie foods. You can still have some comfort foods but watch out that the fat and/or sugar content isn't too high as this is what usually increases the calorie content. For exercise try going for long walks. My wife and I go walking together (we walk quite fast) in the park when I come home from work for 45 minutes most days of the week.

Good luck
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Don't use ephedra

It is dangerous. I use it in my work to raise the blood pressure and heart rate of patients, it will do the same to you. It also causes a lot of stess on the heart. When I use it I am monitoring both the blood pressure, heart rate and ekg. I also give extremely small doses. If you use herbal products you have no idea how much you are getting or the other ingredients that may cause problems. I have seen a patient with a BP of 70/30 go to a BP pf 200/110 with one dose of ephedrine, and then had to treat that so the patient didn't have a stroke. You have no idea what kind of response you are going to get or if you have any problems which could be made worse by it. If you have any kind of heart problems or have ever used cocaine or methamphetamines do NOT use ephedra, it may kill you. The use of ephedra to make meth is not the only reason it is no longer marketed as a diet supplement. It's cousin, pseudo-ephedrine, is used as a decongestant in cold medication and is also used to make meth, thus it is now usually behind the counter. It does not have the effects that ephedrine does, at least not as much, still it should also be used carefully. And for all of you who say "It's natural/herbal, it can't hurt me" I remind you that cyanide, strychnine, belladonna, etc are also all natural/herbal substances. Sorry for the rant but I could not ignore this when I saw it....Stephanie (licensed healthcare professional/anesthesia provider)

What is a "girly" figure? Every day I can see girls of all shapes and sizes: big, small, tall ... And they are girls. I think it is a mistake to try to have a figure that you will never have. Have you a beer belly? I know girls that have more than a beer belly and they are very pretty and dress beautiful dresses! I think it is easier to find your own style and the clothes that fit you better than to change your body. Just what most girls do.

Beer belly???
    For starters, You need to change your lifestyle, and stop eating & drinking like a man, and of course doing the right exercising will help too.

Karen
    Last edited by Karen564; 03-15-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Less carbs, less alcohol, and more protein worked for me... Till I started hormones... Bah! I have to starve myself now
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Unless you are taking hormones, lots of imagination.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Minus the triple six.. :)

DO use ephedra

If you can handle it... Yes it raises heart rate, big time. However, you cant really get the really effective older alkaloid containing ephedrine, which was the the most effective and most dangerous. What I am taking now contains NO alkaloids, and is in fact not even considered to be real ephedra. I wish I could get the real deal!

Look, I have abused all manner of drugs, legal and illegal, not that I'm proud of that, but I know how MY body reacts to stimulants, depressants, hallucinogens and whatever else you can think of. Yes it can be dangerous, but so can crossing the street. For me the benefit outweighs the risk.

On a side note, I have no diseases or anything that would prevent me from taking a supplement, such as diabetes or thyroid disease

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    You will look good, (as M or F) protect your heart and reduce your chances of diabetes if you lose that spare tire. There is a diet that is so easy you can do it in your sleep--and it saves you 30 minutes a day. Set your alarm a half hour later--skip breakfast.
    I beg to differ, breakfast's the most important meal of the day. Eat a good HEALTHY breakfast to fuel you all day & get plenty of exercise. Skip late night eating too!