Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you comfortable, in the presence of men?

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar

Are you comfortable, in the presence of men?

Oooooohhh, yes! They're either rather easy to manage or dead gorgeous and I don't need to manage them

Sarah...

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    No, honestly I'm not. It's not so bad that I would let it influence wether I went some place or not, but being around men makes me nervous. There's always the thought in the back of my head that someday I might run across some guy that just can't stand the thought of us and he might feel obligated to make a fuss. It's never happened, but still it concerns me

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    NO - I do not like or care to be around MEN
    JoAnne Wheeler
    I agree!

More so than with females.
    I don't get this id' be afraid to hang out with men because I f they find out I am a CD they might hurt me. Where are guys hanging out? dark alleys, dive bars. pool halls? The waterfront?
    There are plenty of nice places that one can go. where there are men, that won't hurt you just because you dress. They might not embrace you, but they certianly won't harm you.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love it when I catch a guy's eyes tracking me.In a public place mind you with lots of people around but I keep a sharp eye out for obvious trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    No, honestly I'm not. It's not so bad that I would let it influence wether I went some place or not, but being around men makes me nervous. There's always the thought in the back of my head that someday I might run across some guy that just can't stand the thought of us and he might feel obligated to make a fuss. It's never happened, but still it concerns me

I'm more so nervous of being outed in a bad way . . .its the same kind of nervous that I get about being seen by someone who knows drab ol' me. . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yes I feel comfortable around them and men don't intimidate me because at the end I am still one

Men in bed !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Men

Annet is very comfortable around them I am streight forward and myself and my voice is deep for a woman (I sing Barratone) and being Bi I have no probs in that respect i am wary of running into the Trolls and homophobes but attitude goes a long way "Yea tho I walk through the Valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest B***h in the valley" learned from 23 years as a Boatswains Mate in Navy yep was a lifer Deackape
    but I digress the Ladies are fun too and I have gotten more female attention as Annette than he ever did
    Hugs and Kisses
    Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

I sometimes feel uncomfortable around straight men when dressed. Thoughts of "uh oh, are they gonna beat me up?" enter my mind. I never was much of a fighter so the thought of someone being violent toward me is a bit frightening, especially if they are bigger and/or I'm outnumbered...

Thumbs down Not really comfortable at all

I am more on the quiet side regardless so I am not very comfortable around men. I just find the company of women so much less ... well threatening then men.

I grew up in a somewhat hostile home in the middle of nowhere and went to a school where all the boys would pass time by ridiculing whoever seemed the most gay, feminine, weak, etc.

I have little experience with this, but I am more comfortable now than ever before.
    warmly, Linnea

Gold Member
    It depends on the guy really but as a general rule I am kind of uneasy.

I think if the guy found me attractive in my femme mode then it would be really nice, OK I would melt...

I just cannot relate to men well.

I'd far rather be with the ladies. Though in a restaurant situation, I'm not sure I can decide which I would least want to stare at me, trying to decide "if its a he or a she"...alas, both can be awkward for the sensitive. Joni

is in her vest
    i haveno interest in men at all...i don't wish to be 'comfortable' around them

Men have always been a bit scary to me. I suspect that's true of most women, at least when they were young girls, only to change as they got more experience with men.

I've had very little interaction with men, but feel that they are a natural part of a woman's life and should be a natural part of mine. I fear that I lack the feminine behavior patterns (feminine wiles) that would allow me to deal appropriately with them.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

A couple of years ago on one of my first outings to a club a guy came up to me and whispered in my ear ‘you look sensational!’ I said ‘thanks’. It freaked me out a little but got me thinking and the conclusion I reached was that if I was going to go out dressed, trying to look as good as possible so I might pass, then I was going to have to learn to deal with blokes in the way that women have dealt with them for millennia. So I made a conscious effort to improve my interactions.
    These days I show no fear, will engage them in conversation and will brush them off with a smile.
    Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

hmmm

as the years pass and i'm more accepting of me, i find the ideas of the courteous and polite attention of men stimulating. i suppose i should have seen that coming some years ago what with all the effort i have made to learn to look attractive.

I never feel comfortable around men. I never dress to pass but dress femme enough that anyone could tell if they looked closely. I always fear tht some clod will call me out for what he sees or maybe even get violent. I seek refuge amoung the GGs. They seem to be much more tolerant. I atleast get smiles from them while the men just give frowns. I even avoid going through check out lines if their is a guy working it.

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    I suppose that is legitamit fear, thankfully this has never happened to me.
    Living the life I choose!

I try to avoid men while en femme for many of the reasons already brought forth by the other gurls responding to this thread.

On the other hand, when I am put in a situation where I have no choice but to interact with a male - say, when they are a cashier in a department store or a server in a restaurant, I don't freak out either. I just act my normal feminine self and complete whatever transaction I am engaged in with them as unobtrusively as possible.

Most of them are clueless anyway as to what I really am compared to GG's who pick up on subtle signals, and since I don't dress like a "hootchie mama" when I am out en femme, I'm off the rdar screen of most men anyways.

When dressed, Charlie is an attention ***** to the max! I love it when men give me attention, want to dance or buy me drinks. I too am married and faithful, but love the attention from men, women and other CD's.
    Charlie

Male teenagers can be a very worrisome bunch. When I see more than one walking toward me I still tighten up, they can be vicious. I really shouldnt tighten up any longer, as I feel that I am much more passable, and I havent had teenage problems in over a year
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

no i feel uncomfortable around men and I'm full time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    I'm a guy who's just one of the guys. I work with guys, hunt with guys, etc.

Out and about dressed up? No worries. I'm still just one of the guys who's now dressed a little different. Once I get that across, I have no need for my hammer arm -- which works the same either way....