Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you comfortable, in the presence of men?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar

Are you comfortable, in the presence of men?

I know we all love the company of GGs but I am curious, do you find being in the presence of men a comfortable experience.

Admittedly I once felt uneasy being Daphne around men, The more confident I became, the less I cared.

I was doing some window shopping in New Hope a couple of weeks ago. Stopped into a bar and had a couple of drinks. A fellow started talking to me and to make a long story short we had a nice chat. We had a great time and wound up closing the place. When we were leaving he helped me off my bar stool and gave me a friendship peck on the cheek. I consider myself a straight man/lesbian woman. In any case I am married and one hundred percent faithful. He knew this by the way I wasn't leading him on in any way.

I was practically drunk of the attention. And although I am not sure I would actively seek it, I certainly wouldn't push it away.
    Last edited by DaphneGrey; 03-16-2009 at 03:47 AM.
    Living the life I choose!

I haven't ventured out in public en femme yet, but to be honest, the thought of being around men is rather scary for me. I'm pretty sure I'd try not to interact with any when I finally do venture out for the main reason I can't talk in a feminine voice yet.

My main concern is that it's not very cd-friendly where I live. To be read by a man could potentially be dangerous.

As of right now, I am not comfortable around men (en femme) at all, but I have yet to experience what that's like.

Sounds like you've recently enjoyed a positive experience, Daphne. Did the man you had a nice chat with know you're a cd? Was that part of the conversation? Would you say you live in a generally more open-minded area?
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    I haven't ventured out in public en femme yet, but to be honest, the thought of being around men is rather scary for me. I'm pretty sure I'd try not to interact with any when I finally do venture out for the main reason I can't talk in a feminine voice yet.

My main concern is that it's not very cd-friendly where I live. To be read by a man could potentially be dangerous.

As of right now, I am not comfortable around men (en femme) at all, but I have yet to experience what that's like.

Sounds like you've recently enjoyed a positive experience, Daphne. Did the man you had a nice chat with know you're a cd? Was that part of the conversation? Would you say you live in a generally more open-minded area?
    Yes I believe the gentleman knew I was a CD as a matter of fact I am sure of it. I am not quite sure what his attraction was. I pass on energy and attitude when presenting as Daphne. Not as much on looks.

I do live in a liberal part of the country, NJ and New Hope PA is a quite friendly place.

Just my advice on passing, Try not to hide within Gabrielle Just be Her!
    Last edited by DaphneGrey; 03-16-2009 at 04:39 AM.

I have never been comfortable around men. And that includes in male mode as well.

I have always been more comfortable in the presence of woman and have always related to woman.

This has been the case since I reached puberty.

Xx Vicky xX

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    I have never been comfortable around men. And that includes in male mode as well.

I have always been more comfortable in the presence of woman and have always related to woman.

This has been the case since I reached puberty.

Xx Vicky xX
    +1. Although, for me the constant feeling of 'paranoia' about being around predatory males started way before puberty, probably when I was around 7.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I feel very comfontable with men around. I like men looking at me!

Aspiring Member
    Although I have not had any problems/comments from men, I too feel most uncomfortable around them when dressed as Annie. I am sure that my feelings are brought on by my own self perception and I am working on being as confident around men as I am around women. It is a never-ending struggle.

I'm comphy around anyone..

And hopefully you walked home or called a cab to take you!! Drunk driving isn't to smart, no mater how your dressed!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm comphy around anyone..

And hopefully you walked home or called a cab to take you!! Drunk driving isn't to smart, no mater how your dressed!!
    I probbably should have, I really was high on life there for a while.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar

Are you comfortable, in the presence of men?

Oooooohhh, yes! They're either rather easy to manage or dead gorgeous and I don't need to manage them

Sarah...

More so than with females.
    I don't get this id' be afraid to hang out with men because I f they find out I am a CD they might hurt me. Where are guys hanging out? dark alleys, dive bars. pool halls? The waterfront?
    There are plenty of nice places that one can go. where there are men, that won't hurt you just because you dress. They might not embrace you, but they certianly won't harm you.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love it when I catch a guy's eyes tracking me.In a public place mind you with lots of people around but I keep a sharp eye out for obvious trolls.

I sometimes feel uncomfortable around straight men when dressed. Thoughts of "uh oh, are they gonna beat me up?" enter my mind. I never was much of a fighter so the thought of someone being violent toward me is a bit frightening, especially if they are bigger and/or I'm outnumbered...

Gold Member
    It depends on the guy really but as a general rule I am kind of uneasy.

I think if the guy found me attractive in my femme mode then it would be really nice, OK I would melt...

I just cannot relate to men well.

I'd far rather be with the ladies. Though in a restaurant situation, I'm not sure I can decide which I would least want to stare at me, trying to decide "if its a he or a she"...alas, both can be awkward for the sensitive. Joni

is in her vest
    i haveno interest in men at all...i don't wish to be 'comfortable' around them

Men have always been a bit scary to me. I suspect that's true of most women, at least when they were young girls, only to change as they got more experience with men.

I've had very little interaction with men, but feel that they are a natural part of a woman's life and should be a natural part of mine. I fear that I lack the feminine behavior patterns (feminine wiles) that would allow me to deal appropriately with them.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

A couple of years ago on one of my first outings to a club a guy came up to me and whispered in my ear ‘you look sensational!’ I said ‘thanks’. It freaked me out a little but got me thinking and the conclusion I reached was that if I was going to go out dressed, trying to look as good as possible so I might pass, then I was going to have to learn to deal with blokes in the way that women have dealt with them for millennia. So I made a conscious effort to improve my interactions.
    These days I show no fear, will engage them in conversation and will brush them off with a smile.
    Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

I never feel comfortable around men. I never dress to pass but dress femme enough that anyone could tell if they looked closely. I always fear tht some clod will call me out for what he sees or maybe even get violent. I seek refuge amoung the GGs. They seem to be much more tolerant. I atleast get smiles from them while the men just give frowns. I even avoid going through check out lines if their is a guy working it.

Made of Sugar & Spice Kathleen Grace's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind men looking, but my counter-part, what's his name might.

It's been about 20 years since I've been out socially in fem. So I really can't say how I'd really react to male attention. I think I'd be more comfortable wearing a wedding ring to discourage the more serious guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you crossed Richard Gere with a little bit of Julie Andrews and a whole lot of Carol Burnett, that would probably be me.

imo if you're afraid to be around men while dressed in public, you have a fear of being exposed for your true identity and judged. After all a man knows what kind of features men have so you may feel as if he would somehow automatically know you are a guy, by just taking a glimpse at you.

or you could just not worry about what others think

I am much more uncomfortable with men, though do go out and talk to them. Women are much more liberal than men and more understanding. Having said that I'm learning!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Aspiring Member
    When I'm in fem mode which is quite often, I try to avoid men. When I check out at the grocery store I pick the line that has an older female checker. I avoid situations where a man might start a conversation with me.
    Yesterday I had to drive a friend to court in STL. I had forgotten that everyone entering a courthouse has to go through security. Now I was not trying to look fem but my hair was big and I carry a womans zip wallet. My friend went through first with no problem. But after I walked through the metal detector the security guy said to me," Ma'am, stand over there." then he passed the hand held wand over me. I was afraid that there might have been a scene if he figured out that I was a guy. I was releived when he waved me through and said," Thank you ma'am."

Although now on the West Coast I grow up in Bucks county just outside of Philly town and loved New Hope, was very easy to spend the day there as Karen.

In regards to comfort level around men, I am very at ease with being around the average male and not to those men that speel trouble, no different than any other woman might feel/react. I date a lot with men who know I am transgender so there are no issues as to them not knowing who I am. So going back to comfort level, there are times when I want to simply grab on to them with hugs and kisses and have no problem with this either but usually find if best to contain myself
    SRS January 27

Well im comfortable around men. But you know who really makes me nervous? Teen girls, serial killers and Republicans. Not sure if thats the proper order.