Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you comfortable, in the presence of men?

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar

Are you comfortable, in the presence of men?

I know we all love the company of GGs but I am curious, do you find being in the presence of men a comfortable experience.

Admittedly I once felt uneasy being Daphne around men, The more confident I became, the less I cared.

I was doing some window shopping in New Hope a couple of weeks ago. Stopped into a bar and had a couple of drinks. A fellow started talking to me and to make a long story short we had a nice chat. We had a great time and wound up closing the place. When we were leaving he helped me off my bar stool and gave me a friendship peck on the cheek. I consider myself a straight man/lesbian woman. In any case I am married and one hundred percent faithful. He knew this by the way I wasn't leading him on in any way.

I was practically drunk of the attention. And although I am not sure I would actively seek it, I certainly wouldn't push it away.
    Last edited by DaphneGrey; 03-16-2009 at 03:47 AM.
    Living the life I choose!

I haven't ventured out in public en femme yet, but to be honest, the thought of being around men is rather scary for me. I'm pretty sure I'd try not to interact with any when I finally do venture out for the main reason I can't talk in a feminine voice yet.

My main concern is that it's not very cd-friendly where I live. To be read by a man could potentially be dangerous.

As of right now, I am not comfortable around men (en femme) at all, but I have yet to experience what that's like.

Sounds like you've recently enjoyed a positive experience, Daphne. Did the man you had a nice chat with know you're a cd? Was that part of the conversation? Would you say you live in a generally more open-minded area?
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    I haven't ventured out in public en femme yet, but to be honest, the thought of being around men is rather scary for me. I'm pretty sure I'd try not to interact with any when I finally do venture out for the main reason I can't talk in a feminine voice yet.

My main concern is that it's not very cd-friendly where I live. To be read by a man could potentially be dangerous.

As of right now, I am not comfortable around men (en femme) at all, but I have yet to experience what that's like.

Sounds like you've recently enjoyed a positive experience, Daphne. Did the man you had a nice chat with know you're a cd? Was that part of the conversation? Would you say you live in a generally more open-minded area?
    Yes I believe the gentleman knew I was a CD as a matter of fact I am sure of it. I am not quite sure what his attraction was. I pass on energy and attitude when presenting as Daphne. Not as much on looks.

I do live in a liberal part of the country, NJ and New Hope PA is a quite friendly place.

Just my advice on passing, Try not to hide within Gabrielle Just be Her!
    Last edited by DaphneGrey; 03-16-2009 at 04:39 AM.

I'm comphy around anyone..

And hopefully you walked home or called a cab to take you!! Drunk driving isn't to smart, no mater how your dressed!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have never been comfortable around men. And that includes in male mode as well.

I have always been more comfortable in the presence of woman and have always related to woman.

This has been the case since I reached puberty.

Xx Vicky xX

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    I have never been comfortable around men. And that includes in male mode as well.

I have always been more comfortable in the presence of woman and have always related to woman.

This has been the case since I reached puberty.

Xx Vicky xX
    +1. Although, for me the constant feeling of 'paranoia' about being around predatory males started way before puberty, probably when I was around 7.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I feel very comfontable with men around. I like men looking at me!

Aspiring Member
    Although I have not had any problems/comments from men, I too feel most uncomfortable around them when dressed as Annie. I am sure that my feelings are brought on by my own self perception and I am working on being as confident around men as I am around women. It is a never-ending struggle.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tania Maria Lopez View Post
    ditto---and when they do, I like to make them My pets.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Generally, I'm comfortable enough around men who happen to know that I'm no lady! As long as that's out on the table and interaction is comfortable within the group I'm in, then I feel safe enough.

The problem's could sometimes come when the fellas are not aware that I'm no lady. There is always the possibilty that things could go wrong although thankfully I've yet to encounter such a situation. I do know of friends who have had some nasty run in's with this.

I'm not out to anyone but my wife So I'm not sure how I would feel being dressed around man I would hope I could handle it. Well I dought it's ever going to happen.
    Angie

Yes, especially if they are "interested"

Sure, why not?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

NO - I do not like or care to be around MEN

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Very much so.

Guys are cool.

Crossdresser At Heart NatashaCD's Avatar
    No when im dressed I try to stay out of the way of men they make me feel very uneasy

Oh yes... I'm very comfortable.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Sort of the whole idea of dressing sexy is to be noticed. Male or female (I really like it when females give that disdainful look as they walk around in their sweats). OK so I am a tease. What can I say?

In reality I like being around men in a club setting MORE than being around CD's in a club setting. I get cold shoulders and snide remarks around here form "girls" who think that a pink skirt, baby blue nylons, and a chartreuse top is a fashion statement. But that is another thread. At least the men try to be sociable, even if they alternative plans
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

[SIZE=4]Men are just like any other animal, if they smell fear and you act like a victim they will advance. If they perceive that you are in control and are capable of confronting them, they will stay at arm's length. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I interact with men on a daily basis, some are more predatory in nature than others, just like everything else in life. I don't give the predatory ones the time or opportunity to act, I simply use the same attitude women have used for centuries. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]It seems that a large percentage of our members have some sort of difficulty dealing with men, mostly I think, from a fear factor. Men can be very intimidating if you allow them, the key is to maintain your own control. If you start to feel weak, men sense this and tend to advance. Same as predatory women for that matter.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]What makes so many of us uncomfortable around men? Could it be that they tend to remember how they were toward women? I don't know the answer. I just hope each of you stay safe and aware of your surroundings.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Silver Member
    I am not comfortable around men when dressed out of concern that should they mistaken me for a GG (admittedly tough to do) and then find out otherwise, they may react inappropriately. I dress nicely for the same reason most women do and that is to look good in the eyes of other women. One reason i frequent salons so much is that there are raely many males around. As another post said i am a CD lesbian, no interest in men.
    On the flip side, many people have told me how confident and secure I am when enmale. Once again an example of the inconguence within one mind.

I'm uncomforable around men. When in drab mode, I naturally insert myself into a GG gathering, whether i'm in the dissusion or not. It could be the safety in numbers thing. The few times I have been enfem, I stay away from men all together, to date this has only been during shopping/browing/letting Alice get some sun. I was just thinking, that doesn't make logical sense. I will have to look at this again, later.

Hugs,
    Alice

No, honestly I'm not. It's not so bad that I would let it influence wether I went some place or not, but being around men makes me nervous. There's always the thought in the back of my head that someday I might run across some guy that just can't stand the thought of us and he might feel obligated to make a fuss. It's never happened, but still it concerns me

I would be comfortable, and have been, around any man that is polite, respectful, and has an interesting personality. All too often, I meet someone who is either drunk, an/or just plain horny. I am not shy about telling them to back off, or that they are being rude, etc. I actually have learned some things too. Like how guys will try everything in the book to get you to leave with them. They can be very persuasive. But since I am married, and since I know all about that, it doesn't work on me. Still, it's amazing to what lengths they will go to, like:

--my friend left me here, can you give me a ride home?
    --I had a little too much to drink, would you mind running me home?
    --how about a nightcap, I have a place just around the corner
    --you are the sexiest woman alive ( I am not)...
    --I feel really close to you, etc
    --you have beautiful eyes
    etc,etc,etc.

It doesn't matter as I will not cheat on my wife, but I do find it pleasant to have a discourse, with a witty, charming man who is just interested in passing the time of day with a like person, that appears female. Especially when they treat me like a woman. Most men would know that I am a cder btw.

In guy mode, I would be uncomfortable passing the time of day the same way, but would have no problem if it was strictly guy stuff.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by Tania Maria Lopez View Post
    I do also, that's one of the reasons that I dress enfemme.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm comphy around anyone..

And hopefully you walked home or called a cab to take you!! Drunk driving isn't to smart, no mater how your dressed!!
    I probbably should have, I really was high on life there for a while.