Thread: Busted!....but I am letting you off with a warning

The journey has begun.... Regina's Avatar

Busted!....but I am letting you off with a warning

Saturday was a nice day to go out dressed, got up got dressed and went out to the countryside looking at some property, while heading back i was passing through a small city that I had been in before when I noticed the Police officer behind me, no sweat or so I thought!...I wasn't speeding or anything, then the lights and siren came on...uh oh. I pulled over thinking how do I explain this!.. then I thought who cares! I am who I am and there's no crime in being dressed as a woman, plus I have been pulled over before (came across a DUI check point 3 years ago) But as I looked in the rearview mirror the officer had a drug sniffing dog and he was placing his hand near his holster...normal stuff? But the first words out of his mouth were nice to hear "Good afternoon ma'am" may I see your license and insurance card please.

Long story short, I just got the car from a relative and I had not transferred the plates yet (we get 14 days to transfer in Ohio) and for some reason he ran the plate and it came back to my truck not the Honda I was driving, probably should have been doing that Saturday instead. He gave me my license back with a warning and said have a nice day. I think after this what ever fear I have of going out during the day is just about gone. Maybe go to the BMV dressed this Saturday?.....

Regina

Bleh, cops always make me nervous, regardless of being in drab or not. You definately got some nerves of steel. Way to go! Heck, why not go to the BMW dealership en femme? Your money's worth just as much as anyone elses, right?
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

Hi Regina, Mine was a low beam out ,was coming down a back road lower my high beams and did not know that the low was out. The cop car went by me the other way then I saw it turn in a drive way and head back toward me. It turned on its falashing lights and I though it was going some were else so I went to the widest part of the road to let him go by. Hello he stops behind me. I was going to a meeting of other C D's had a pot of venison chille . So I took out my ins , and lic. took my wig off when he came to the window. He looked at me and then the lic. went back to his car I then put my wig back on and waited combed my hair. Well another police car drives up. He then asks me to stepped out of the car as he said I was moving around in the front seat when he stoped me . I said I did'nt want the chille to spill. I had a short skirt and 3 inch heels . The other officers ask me to step to the back of the car so the 1 st one could search my car. All the light were going and there high beams so there I was , I asked the office that was with me if they had any C D 's in there force they could join our group. He said NO. They let me get back in my car and gave me a warning for the low beam out I asked them if they would like some chilli but they said NO. Quite a night for me KEPT MY COOL and lived thur it

Gold Member
    Cops seldom, if ever, give someone a hard time about their TG status.
    How they feel on a personal level who knows but if they were to razz someone over bering TG it could mean their ass so they don't harass.

Besides, they have better things to deal with than worry about if someone is TG or not.

I just think it's awesome you offered them some chili.
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

Tales from the UK

This would scare me s***less as we say in Yorkshire! I have driven afround a lot "en femme". But I have had the opportunity to work with the police on some learning and development courses, and they are so accepting of people's preferences! Well in the UK... I was quite amazed!

In the UK it is so so different from USA I think, but I guess it's a case of... busted... come clean! What is the worst that can happen? I live in hope...but I am new to being "out" so I am nervous and learning... I am in a hotel tonight, done walk around the grounds... biggy is to walk into the bar area... maybe another day? It's getting late... lot's of reasons not to!

Kaz xx

Busted ? You handled it well and so did the police officer.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

You girls are doing great! Getting stopped is really not a big deal, just be honest and there should be no problem, provided you are stopped for a minor violation.

Eileen

I have now been pulled over by police twice while I was en femme. On neither occasion did the officer give me anything but polite questions and business-like demeanor. Neither stop related to a moving violation; both were equipment-related.
    On the first stop, I felt stuck because I really had no choice but to face the officer with my pretty little made-up face and curly wig. Once I got through the process, I realized that I probably didn't have anything to worry about.
    Phew!
    warmly, Linnea

I would have been scared! Glad to know you were let off with a warning

"In the UK it is so so different from USA I think, but I guess it's a case of... busted... come clean! What is the worst that can happen? I live in hope...but I am new to being "out" so I am nervous and learning... I am in a hotel tonight, done walk around the grounds... biggy is to walk into the bar area... maybe another day? It's getting late... lot's of reasons not to!"

How true.... Good luck

Jen
    Loving life to the full.... At long last

I've had basically the same experience, stopped for a light being out. Didn't have a problem, Officer looked at me and said, "Have a nice night, Ma-am"

As I mentioned on another thread, I went to a local cd meeting to find the car park full of armed Police: not something we see everyday over here especially in Dorset! The officer who came over to speak with me was very polite, explained what they were doing and asked me if I'd seen anyone with a rifle! It was scarry but the officer played it straight and said 'sorry for bothering you' so off I went into the meeting thinking that's all i need a trannie snipper on the loose!
    Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

First time my wife went out with me dressed, we went to a TG holiday party. While watching a drag show, several police officers came in and moved to different spots in the room.

Seemed they knew a few of the attendees and just went to talk and enjoy part of the show to liven up their shift.
    DonnaT

Silver Member
    Worst experience I had with the police was when I was in the service in the 60s. I had pulled off to a side road and changed clothing in the middle of no where. It was a lake road and late. Someone in one of the houses may have seen me, but who knows. I had on a skirt, blouse, nylons, etc. No sooner than I hit the highway again I saw red lights behind me. I grabbed my pants and slid them up as high as I could and buttoned my raincoat (luckily it was raining that night.) There were two officers and they approached my car from both sides shining their lights in. They wanted to know what I was doing. I told them I had a date with a girl who said that she lived on the road the next weekend and wanted to make sure I could find the house. Dumb! Anyway they warned me about driving around those roads late at night and let me go. I don't know how they missed what I had on, but maybe they knew that if they arrested me for it, it was illegal then, I would be kicked out of the service.

Well, at least you weren't pulled out of your car and handcuffed en femme like I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    ...for some reason he ran the plate and it came back to my truck not the Honda I was driving
    Funny how they like to do that, even though they have no legal right to run anyone's plate unless they see that person in the commission of a crime -- or at least have a good enough reason to pull you over before they run the plate. If you went to trial for something you could get the evidence of running the plate thrown out, but they don't care. All they want to do is find some stupid little thing to arrest you for or give you a ticket -- something that won't be worth your trouble to pay $2,000 to a lawyer to have it all thrown out.

But they're getting totally brazen about this sort of thing. Traffic light cameras are not owned by the state. They are contracted out to a private company. So now a private company has access to the database they use to run plates. Again, this isn't legal, and any ticket you get from a red light camera isn't legal because there is no officer present and you can't confront your accuser in court, but they don't care. They get around this by basically saying the ticket isn't even considered a legal issue anymore. It's a bill. And if you don't pay the bill, it gets sent to a collection agency. You can't fight it in court.

It has been ruled in court several times that the police don't actually have to provide safety for anyone. So at this point they can do anything they want with their time. They have decided most of their time is best used generating revenue and staying out of dangerous situations.

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    Besides, they have better things to deal with than worry about if someone is TG or not.
    Cops always have better things to do. There are much better things they could be doing with their time than sitting by the road waiting for someone to drive by at 61 MPH in a 55 zone. There are much better things they could be doing than driving around town running the plates of every car they see just to make sure someone isn't late paying a ticket or renewing their registration. But they don't have the guts to deal with real crime in the bad parts of town. They'd much prefer to harass innocent people in the suburbs and let everyone know who's in charge.

But then we really can't expect less from people who are above the law. If you were a cop, would you spend your time raiding crack houses or would you be looking for non-threatening people who have made some sort of clerical error so you can write them a ticket? Even the DEA realizes this and has started spending more time shutting down legal medical marijuana distributors than dealing with armed drug dealers. We can't decriminalize weed! If we did we'd have to start looking for people who were actually violent!

Cops just want arrests. Prosecutors just want convictions. Whether you're guilty or not, they just want to find something you'll plead guilty to. If they don't have any evidence they'll give you a deal to plead guilty to a lesser offense until they find a point where it's not worth your effort to argue your innocence. Every time I've been to court I've been confronted with how little anybody cares whether people actually did anything wrong. Last time I was in court there was an 80-year-old man who was caught fishing without a license. He didn't think he needed a license. His friend had said he could fish in a lake on his property. Nope. Sorry. The other side of that lake belongs to the Division of Wildlife. You still need a license. We don't really think you're a criminal. We don't think you're dangerous. I know you were actually fishing for something to eat, and you look like you can't afford to buy clothes at a thrift store, but we just want that $200 fine.

I guess I'm just less than satisfied because I live in an area with double the crime index of the US average. Triple the national average of murder, rape, burglary, and car theft -- but only 50% more aggravated assault! Yay! You see plenty of cops, you just don't see them doing anything to help. And I'm supposed to be happy that at least now I'm allowed to have a concealed handgun license and do the cop's job for them.

Well, they are doing one thing to help. They actually put a lot of under cover cops in gay bars around here. They used to have go-go boys dancing on the bars at several clubs, but the cops would just wait for someone to pull their panties down a little too far to stick that dollar bill in the waistband and then arrest half the club.

Whoa! I didn't realize I had so much to whine about! Sorry!