Thread: do you carry a man-bag?

do you carry a man-bag?

Read title.

Do you carry enough shit around to need a bag of some sort? Are you a student with a lot of books, or a buisinessperson or tech geek with a lot of electronics? Do you prefer a backpack or a side-bag?

I do cuz I'm a packrat. I carry all sorts of junk around with me "just in case". I'll do a seperate post on that later (what you carry around). I used to wear a backpack, but these days I have an over-the-shoulder messenger bag type of thing. I get paranoid about leaving the zipper on backpacks open or people stealing shit out of it. I know, I'm weird.
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

my walit, my phone, my keyes, my mp3 player = pockets
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Hmm hadn't really considered my backpack to be a man bag lol, but yeah, I need a bag to carry my laptop around and paperwork....you wouldn't believe just how much paper work lol. I put all my junk in their too, phone charger, headphones, medication etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hey you with the pretty face welcome to the human race, a celebration, Mr. Blue Sky's up there waiting and today is the day we've waited for.

Rapidly becoming a Gender Equality Duty expert (Europe)

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Yes I carry around a back pack full of what if stuff. Back back and pants with lots of pockets are a must for me. More pockets the happier I be. I am super squirrel when it comes to pockets and things to put in them.

You betcha. Between my army bag and my purse (on my feminine days), I have enough stuff for a nuclear holocaust. People make fun now, but we'll see who laughs last when it's just me and the cockroaches.

Wait a minute...

When I have to carry more than I can fit under one arm, I use a messenger bag... but I'm trying to acquire a good briefcase.

once upon a time, before I got a hold of an mp3 player, I would walk around with my CD case in my backpack, filled with 120+ CDs, as well as a clunky, portable CD player, replacement batteries, and large, over-the-ear headphones.

I still have the headphones, but hooray for technology.

If you call that a man bag, I wore a man bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    once upon a time, before I got a hold of an mp3 player, I would walk around with my CD case in my backpack, filled with 120+ CDs, as well as a clunky, portable CD player, replacement batteries, and large, over-the-ear headphones.

I still have the headphones, but hooray for technology.

If you call that a man bag, I wore a man bag.
    Not so much man bag as of a walking music store.

I try to stick with pockets as I generally don't have much more than phone and wallet. If I'm going to class or downtown for the day I may bring a backpack, does that count as a man-bag? Occasionally I carry a canvas shoulder bag (a tote, I suppose), either to carry groceries or because I don't feel like taking a backpack.
    Story of my life –>

Ronaldo Explosivo halfman_halfamazing's Avatar
    yeah pockets are my bff. unless.. i'm going out where i know i'll need a bag of sorts. like a them park or shopping, i have a small messenger bag from target, a small wall-e backpack and a normal sized backpack from hot topic covered in dinosaurs. the dinosaur bag i use mainly for school. i usually stuff a binder, a book or two, and.. random things like candy, other food, water, medicine, a comb and floss lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~Ron is like, like...half man half amazing...no doubt ~
    it's okay Justin Bieber, I'm 21 and my voice is barely changing too.

I use a backpack when I need one. Everything else I stuff in my pockets. When I explained this to a colleague she said, half-jokingly, "Why? You're not a man."

I'm not a fan of stuffing my pockets, also my pants are too tight to carry much because I'm an emo fag. So i carry around a really fruity messanger bag, that fits pretty much anything under the sun.

Does carrying a bag mean I'm less of a man? It's a tokidoki one too, does that make me even more feminine? probably.

Most of the men I know carry around some kind of bag.
    Last edited by Wren; 03-22-2009 at 10:56 PM.
    Two monks were watching a flag flapping in the wind. One said to the other, "The flag is moving."
    The other replied, "The wind is moving."
    Huineng overheard this. He said, "Not the flag, not the wind; mind is moving."

Man-bag?

I carry a bag. I've heard of Murses before (man purse) but I didn't know that the concept of a man with a bag was so foreign that a whole cateogory needed to be set up for them.

I carry a messenger bag like a typical urban bohemian/emo loser. It's got buttons.. pretty cool ones.