Thread: An Odd Email.. at work

Fun Loving Party Girl Ashlie Marie's Avatar

An Odd Email.. at work

Hey Everyone. While trading emails with a senior HR assoc at work today trying to plan a LGBT thingy. He made me laff at one point since all my email to the group are signed as Ashlie but in the system of course all my emails come in as Jeff. Well he asked me if I wanted to transition my internal Identity to Ashlie, to make my life easier. Well that has been having me think about that all day. We have all talked about getting State IDs with our pictures or even some of us like me who have made a fake for fun Enfem Licence in Photoshop. Well So here I am, my wife told me since it was work related it was all up too me. I mean I do dress almost every single day to work. and the days I dont dress, the only differnces are not breast forms and cute tops. but I do my hair everyday and wear makeup all the time. So I trying to decide what if. I am slowly trying to get my common name to be Ash, even all new people I meet meet me as Ashlie, I still have some friends that I dont think know my real name lol. So seeing Ashlie on my security badge and emails, would be cool. I am just wondering down the rd if my brain switches for some reason will it be as simple as filling out another nick name form and switch it all back.. so for you girls that dress at work full time or just those girlie feeling days.. DO your co-workers use fem pro-nouns and your girl name all the time or do they get mixed up.. ok night night

Hugs,
    Ashlie
    ----------------------------------------

All that is important is that you are comfy with yourself --<<--@

Come Visit me: My FaceBook Page

Hi Ash,

I dress 24/7 but unfortunately still go by my boy name, Jake, at work. Almost all still address me as Jake and use male pronouns. Only one, my best friend, uses female pronouns. She still generally calls me Jake because everyone else does. But I've told her it's OK to call me Jen. Co-workers sometimes slip and use feminine pronouns, then apologize; I tell them don't worry, I look like a woman, it's OK to use feminine pronouns.

I'm in the process of talking to HR and one of the immediate items is changing my internal name. Of course pay records and benefits information require the use of my "Legal" name.

If you don't mind, I have aquestion for you. You obviously haven't transitioned yet, but which restroom do you use at work?

Jen
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you want to or plan to transition ? What does your spouse think about

that ? You certainly have an interesting situation. If your spouse and your

boss don't care what you wear to work, then go enfemme

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Aspiring Member
    Ashlie, I'm curious. What job do you do that allows you to dress as a woman? If you can do that then of course have your name changed. It sounds like fun to me. Leanne

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Similar situation, had

my HR manager asked me if I was transitioning at the beginning of the year. Like you I wear feminine clothes, I don't wear forms or wigs, but my pants , shoes, blouses, jewelry and makeup I appear feminine. I still go by my male name. I told her that in the future I may transition but for now this is where I am. I am now seeing a therapist who specialize's in gender therapy and she said that she'd give me the letter for HRT after 3 or 4 visits. Right now I will do the HRT and once physical changes are noticeable I will talk with HR about transitioning. Hopefully by beginning 2010, possibly sooner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Wow!

Wow!

I'd go with Ashile hun.
    Angie

Ashlie Eileen went back to my old job last summer and worked part time, on call. Everyone called me Eileen and referred to me in the proper gender. It was like I had always been Eileen. It was wonderful!

Eileen

Fun Loving Party Girl Ashlie Marie's Avatar

Thanks for the Replys.

Hey Girls,

Thanks for all the replys ok so well Let's see if I can get everything here if I miss something please IM me or PM me here.,. ok so

for Jenna, my take on transitioning is proly very differnt from other ppl. I will try to explain. Being married and our baby due in June. my current state of life is the most I want out of transitioning my doctor has me using progesterone 21-days a month and I take some natural estrogen. just enough to help smooth my skin and maybe give me a little shape. My "sex" life is and will always be male. I look at it this way keep enough testosterone in you and u can use your own strap-on with your wife lol. I always use the womens room in public, New hampshire has very strict bathroom laws that state no action will be taken on anyone using the restroom of the gender they are presenting.. at work however i am only 1 of 3 guys on my floor with over 60 ladies. so i use the mens room it is like a private bathroom
    on the other floors i use whichever is closer.

Joanna I guess I answered your question too above. lol

Leeane I work for a very large national health insurance in Customer Care. My company is listed as number 11 right now on the best places to work list and number 4 on the national diverse company list..

Keep us posted Kim

Thanks Angie., and Eileen I can imange. Right now hearing my new name called by the few close co-workers that understand is cool but too see me type it on emails or say it on the phone will something I can't wait for :-)

hugs everyone
    ----------------------------------------

All that is important is that you are comfy with yourself --<<--@

Come Visit me: My FaceBook Page