Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many times have you had a Purge!

Only once...

...and I didn't even want to! Unfortunately, at the time, my CDing (and various other "deviant" activities I engaged in) had a head-on collision with some religious scruples that had been plaguing me, and came off the worse of the two. (These scruples had been brewing for quite some time, since back then I had a most unfortunate tendency to suffer that kind of thing, being rather superstitious, fearful of the unknown etc. Thankfully, however, I've not been troubled by them for many years now: mainly because, at the first sign of them threatening to reappear, I tell them to kindly "F**k off!") Anyway, I got rid of my entire collection of women's clothing (which fortunately only consisted of three pairs of satin pyjamas and a satin nightshirt back then), which I gave to my mother. She ended up being the lucky recipient of the items in question because, after discovering I'd had them a couple of years earlier, she'd said I could always give them to her if I ever tired of wearing them myself. She even gave me a little money for them, although I was unfortunately quick to blow that on various bits of junk.

Unfortunately, my female "wardrobe" wasn't the only victim of my purge, for my scruples also impelled me to get rid of a pair of nipple piercings, and all the "Satanic" heavy metal albums in my record collection (and, yes, I ended up replacing all those things pretty soon thereafter as well, so a fat lot of good that stupid purge did me!). Funnily enough, the OP's comment about thinking, "That was the old me, this is the new me" while purging echoed my mother's feelings about my own purge. While tolerating them, she'd never been terribly enthused about the various "deviant" activities I engaged in, and she saw my own purge as a hopeful sign that a "new me" was emerging. Even when she told me this, though, I felt rather cynical. To me, the phrase "the new me" conjured up positive images of someone trying to better themselves, yet I couldn't see how the "new me" was in any way an improvement on the "old me". Quite the contrary, in fact; whereas the "old me" was someone who wasn't afraid to do interesting, "far out" things, the "new me" was someone who was just trying to be like everybody else - God, how I hated him! Oh well, I was young and dumb at the time (God help me, I was only nineteen!), and I've thankfully not made that mistake since. Indeed, it was only a couple of years ago that I actually heard of the "phenomenon" of purging for the first time!

Senban
    Mmmm, deviant activities

Never purged, never will. By nature I'm a hoarder anyway although I'm gradually beginning to stop filling my life with clutter. I'll throw stuff out if it's worn or torn or whatever but I've never felt the urge to try and deny or exclude that part of my life because it would be like cutting an arm off.

Twice!
    Last time made me feel great................for about two minutes.
    Now having to start all over again.
    Bless my wife for helping!
    Sally

Always learning!

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar
    Many many times.

Last time was 12 years ago after the big D.

Twice in the distant past, But NEVER again.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Twice but none in the past five years Im Jennifer 24/7 now.

Probably at least 10 times, most of which were in my twenties, once or twice in my thirties, and twice in my forties. Now I've learned not to purge but to just pack it away out of sight until I get the urge or that old feeling comes back again.
    Like right now I just put everything in storage, since my wife gave me an ultimatum (quit dressing or get out). If things change at least I haven't lost anything.
    Striving for acceptance.

I purged once, when I was young and still foolish enough to think this whole thing was just going to go away. Now I only purge things that I really don't wear much or don't fit me well, and I only do this to make room for new stuff.

Gotta have new stuff!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Charlotte
    I have purged too many times over the decades. i have lost so many beautiful bras, forms, shoes etc. I discarded my pics and videos as well.

I had a cancer scare and thought the time had come so everything went BUT I survived and my female persona emerged stronger than ever. I am slowly rebuilding my lingerie, make-up, jewellry etc. but need to get a wig, corset, heels, scooters, tops ..........
    I will not purge again!!
    JuAnn

Had to purge when I left to go into the army. What a bummer. I had so many neat outfits and very feminine lingerie that I just hated to part with. I think of some of those things from time to time. A lot of those clothes were bought with very deep embarrassment and shame. (don't forget it was int he late sixties when I thought I was the only one in the world that liked dressing up). Thats certainly not the case any more.

Aspiring Member
    More times than I care to count, I get tired of being alone and try to be the male that I was born as but as soon as another relation starts to go wrong I revert back to dressing as a woman. Then I have to buy all new clothes and swear that it will never happen again. I wish I had back all of the woman's clothes and shoes that I had over the years.

NEVER. I can't imagine getting rid of my stuff. Even the thought of it makes me feel very uneasy.

Aspiring Member
    Twice for me. Each time I burned everything. The last time I did it (years ago) I had a cd friend that said," You didn't burn your blue formal, did you? Yes I did and I still miss that dress. I couldn't fit into it now but I still miss it. Leanne

Aspiring Member
    I'm not proud of the things I've stolen down thru the early years from girlfriends, sister & mom. That contributed to my guilt.

I've burned up clothing in the fireplace. My mom took some stuff in my early 20s and burned it up. What's fascinating in the commonality alot of us share I recal thinking I was the only one who did this kind of thing during those purges.
    The most pitiful memory is taking some hose to a dumpster once about 20 years ago only to return the next morning and climbing over in there to get them out. The mind-boggling insanity of the whole thing.
    Now I have a closet full of my own things no more stealing.

Judging by the size of my SOs wardrobe I'd say he's never purged. However, he assures me that he's done it at least three times. Personally I've always found a good clothes purge is a good excuse to go shopping. I try to do it at least annually!

Twice, first time partial because I was moving and had too many items that I did not feel like wearing again, and second time more complete because my (now ex-) girlfriend stopped supporting my CDing and made me feel guilty (but selfishly kept the most interesting dresses )

I've purged several times, and my biggest regret is that some of the lingerie I've thrown out you just can't find anymore--must not be "in style". I used to have some fabulous teddies that you just can't find anymore.

Purging

I have done it once. That was when i first started CDing. I tried to convince myself it was only a experimental phase I was going through. Of course I know now that it is part of who I am so I will never do it again.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_GG View Post
    Judging by the size of my SOs wardrobe I'd say he's never purged. However, he assures me that he's done it at least three times. Personally I've always found a good clothes purge is a good excuse to go shopping. I try to do it at least annually!

Great approach, Sarah! This sounds like a very natural process, to remove the old so that the new may grow and prosper. Very nice.

Have purged two times both in my late teens. Felt dirty racing out literally in the middle of the night on my moutnain bike with a garbage bag full of lingerie. Would take them to a local industrial site and toss the bag in the dumpster of a business there. The shame felt while riding out was pretty heavy while the (temporary) sense of liberation after the drop was complete felt great. In less than a week I would be out trying to replace those items, of course.

Rather than purge now I am trying to find wardrobe space for my clothing as they take up three large drawers and a box in our home. Maybe one day...

I've purged only once...around 18 years ago when I moved house.

I got rid of everything, waiting for the bin truck to come and running out to toss the lot in the back.
    I was young and stupid back then.

The only minor purges I go through now are sending stuff to the charity shops that I don't like any more. As always, I try to stay with fashion!

I have purged twice over the years the last time (about 3 years ago) I trashed everything that fancy, lacey and feminine. Oddly enough I kept plain panties to wear but all the cute expensive stuff I destroyed and threw in the garbage. I am vowing it will not happen again but will not make any bets on it.

not sure, too many

I am not sure of how many times. Likely too many. I would be open to getting rid of things that aren't quite right if I knew I could go get things that did fit right or looked right for my body type.

The problem is that for many of us we can't just pick up an advertisement or go online and expect to shop and have things arrive unnoticed.

Closeted CDing is best left up to those with good skills in covert operations.

If by "purging" you mean throwing out my femme things with the intention of giving up crossdressing, then never. I got rid of my things once or twice when I was still living with my parents and heading off on extended trips (several months long) where I didn't want my stuff found while I was away, but I don't really count those occasions as I always intended to start up again as soon as I got back.

Crystal

Gold Member
    I have been blessed to never have any doubts. Might slow down a bit, but the engine always gets going again.

Professional Socialite
    1 time when I had first gotten married. Was only a few nightgowns and hose, nothing special, learned alot though, NEVER again! :>
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]