Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We live in the Stone Age still...

Professional Socialite

We live in the Stone Age still...

It seems like out society is still living in the stone age. We claim to be an advanced society but look at how we treat each other. I mean years ago women were not able to vote, African Americans were not considered equal, Jews were imprisioned in concentration camps, Homosexuality was considered evil, then in each case society did change for the better, but it still seems we still daily hold prejudices aganst specific groups that do not meet societys definition of "normal" transgendered people are still being treated like we are animals or something less than a person. And people still claim we are "Advanced" seems the only thing we are advancing is finding different groups to target for hatred and to judge. When will we ever look at each other with true equality and acceptance of another human being without trying to impose our own standards on another person? I apologize for running off on a rant just really need to let some steam out, I keep seeing people judging other people when they are not in any position to judge another. I am not talking about this site but of society. ok rant over lol :>
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Generally why I'm antisocial. That's what happens when society focuses on understanding everything else before understanding each other. We've got phones that play our music, check our email/facebook/myspace, and other useless crap, but differences in other people? Ugh... Makes me want to rant too...
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

For me I have been out 11 time's and have gone to place's I know people as Mike whom don't know , and I have never had a bad time of it. Granted I have not been out much LOL ( i am still counting how many time's i have been out) LOL. Still I know what you mean. But just thing about it, if the homosexuaity had not come to the light if mr. and mis. jo plublic where would we be. I can see it now a group of red necks tracking down and beeting up a CDer and no one caring , The CDers protest march's, The crossdresser pride praide , and all the moivies and TV show we would have by now. They blazed a trail all we have to do it make it bigger. It will come we just need to bash the public on the head like they did and we to might be at the same place in 10 or 15 years. People need time to find out what we are all about and be educakated (Spell spell bad) but that for (someone else to start right)not us!!!!! So give them a little slak just a little mind you, we don't want a rabbie dog running lose LOL. I know you wanted and need to blow off steem but that's my HUGGS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

lol,wow...umm....I hear what you are saying though.Feel free to rant.I know people who still get insults,nasty messages,threats of harm,death and so on.Its not a perfect world...but you can at least be happy that you are not the person spreading hate into the world.You are a advancement within yourself..just like many here and many other people in the world who are allowing their minds to open.Something is better than nothing.
    Last edited by Kayla Shadows; 03-19-2009 at 10:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I live on a border between two city's. One thinks it's better than the other, so it put up a wall on a cross street keeping the likes of my neighborhood from dumping into theirs. To go into that city, I have to go all the way around. Either put up a house there, or take the F-ing wall down you stupid humans! It looks like ass, and only signafies how UNADVANCED us earthlings are. There is no need for that wall. It's not like there is store or resturaunt traffiic trying to cut across. We are smack-dab in the middle of a neighborhood! God!.....heaven for bid "that" type of people come into our neighborhood!
    Mass extinction occur regularly, every 62 million to 65 million years. The last great mass extinction, the one that took out the dinosaures and all, occured 65 million years ago. We are now overdue. Hopefully the next species on the top of the food chain can get past their "growing pains" without forever repeating it like we have been. How one person's color,creed,class,sexual orientation,religion,gender,personality, and choice of clothing can effect a stranger's own life is beyond me. JEEZ!!!
    Yes, we have come along way as human beings, but we STILL trip over the TINIEST of hurddles, and land right on our faces. Quite strange indeed!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

There will always be those who can't accept others who are different, but i don't think we should give all of society a bad rap. There are more and more of us venturing out, and finding the experience to be positive. Everyday, right here in this forum I see stories of someone taking a chance and "going out enfemme", "went shopping", "went to dinner". "had fun" "so exciting".
    I haven't seen a lot of stories of outtings that went really bad. I mean you do hear stories of things that did hapen, but not many first hand ?? A news story, something in the paper. Sometimes you hear stories of things that happened more in the past than present. And i am betting that if you ask the ones who have braved it they're gonna say..It was a little scary, but it was wonderful, and if you ask them if they'ed do it again..... you'ed get a big YES!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

i'm afraid that cross dressers and and transexuals are behind gays in acceptance. We are much further behind than people of color.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mannph View Post
    i'm afraid that cross dressers and and transexuals are behind gays in acceptance. We are much further behind than people of color.
    Cause we are behind them in doing stuff about it!

At Compton and Stonewall some Cds and TSs stood up for themselves.. Gays and Lesbians in their thousands got inspired and followed and what they have now is from the hard work following that inspiration! But the rest of us Cds and Tss kept hiding and watched and grew jeolous while the handful of brave CDs and TSs were left unsopported.

Maybe if we just stop pretending everything is too hard and do exactly what everyone else has done before us we too could reap the benefits. It's not like we are pioneers, the path is well paved with not just generations but over a century of examples!

Professional Socialite
    I am happy things worked out well for the other groups, I just hope in years down the road we are just as accepted as they are today. Its not all of society but it seems like an established norm today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Makes me think of what I learned in church, forgive me if I butcher this.

Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by mannph View Post
    The key word in your sentence is afraid
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    The key word in your sentence is afraid
    Good call Kelly!!!!!!!!

The sad truth is that people are afraid of many things, especially the unknown or things that are different from their own experiences. And many people have very limited experiences. So CDs and some others suffer at times.
    warmly, Linnea

Professional Socialite
    It gets frustrating having to justify yourself over and over, and worse when you are made to feel you HAVE to justify yourself. sorry, getting tired, not sure if I am making much sense at all tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well look at the bright side.

There are more and more groups of people [and I don't just mean us] who are now generally accepted left alone because we/they are not going away.

If you really look at it, the "normal, moral, straight laced, uptight" [as they see it,lol] people are quickly becoming the minority, lol.

Soon we would have to worry about them, lol.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Well put, Ashlyee.

Yeah - we're still in the stone age when it comes to social acceptance of differences. When I take a look around, I honestly wonder who the hell got to make up all the rules about what is and what is not acceptable. I mean really - WHO started all of this?

Who thought it would be a good idea for people to be forced into only 1 of two gender categories?

Who invented gender categories?

What the hell is a gender category?

What exactly do the haters fear?

Exactly what is so terrible about a man wanting to be pretty, feminine, and look good?

What does the word "freedom" mean if it does not apply to crossdressers? The word freedom seems to be overused in many ways, but what the hell?

Why is it normal to force people to remain closeted and hide their true selves from the world and not normal to be oneself?

What IS normal? Who gets to decide that? Really! I want to know, because I've got a bone to pick with this guy! I've got a LOT of bones to pick with this guy.

Ok, now I'm just rambling on with my own irritations about the social stone ages we live in. Preaching to the choir here, but we all got to get it out, right?

Time to get out of the 1950's when it comes to transgendered issues, society. Wake up, smell the coffee, and get your heads out of your asses. Can't shove this square peg in a round hole forever.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlyee Paige View Post
    When will we ever look at each other with true equality and acceptance of another human being without trying to impose our own standards on another person?
    When there is only one man standing probably...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Lets try and put a positive spin on things. Take away those who are still homophobic and racist. They will always exist and would obviously be very anti-us too.

Then look around. The level of acceptance I get is amazing. The people who want to talk to me genuinely about my experiences, especiall amongst the young, I find astounding.

Things aren't so bad and there will always be some. What we really need is more of us to come out to gain greater acceptance and credibility.

In about six hours time I will walk through the centre of Manchester fully dressed. Certain places I will avoid because I know thats where the bigots are. Elsewhere I will be accepted by shop keepers, barstaff, tram drivers, waiters and waitresses, everybody. They will all smile at me and talk to me.

And walking around the shopping centre I will get fifty more smiles than comments. Thats fifty more smiles than I would get if I walked round as a bloke.

Life isn't so bad; its actually fun, so enjoy it!

Nothing wrong with having a good whinge though
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Banned Read only
    I'm lovin' the spleen that's been spilling here...

...but sure you gotta admit that some progress is being made. Trouble is it's on a time scale that pisses us off, eh?

Just as most of us here are taking the baby steps to come out as the people we wanna be, so to is "society" (whoever that is!). But society's baby steps are glacial compared to those af any given individual. So it took me 50 years to accept myself fully.

Unless there's a global revolution led by drag queens, (who require that everyone crossdresses after they win...LOL!), society will take a long, long time to get to the stage of tolerance for ALL. Probably never will!

A thing about us humans, is that we always need someone to hate, someone to marginalize. It's the way we express our individuality and ego. And it happens on every scale in our lives, from the global to the personal. Some are more serious than others.

There's a race we feel superior to. There's a country we feel superior to. There's an education level we feel superior to. There's a career choice we feel superior to. There's a neighborhood that ours is superior to. There's a neighbor who has an uglier house than ours. There's a cousin who has worse hair than ours. There's a tranny sister whose makeup looks like her 3 year old did it.

Some we can and need to get over. Some we never will.

What happens when we finally give and get acceptance from all segments? Well...then we pick out another group we don't like...like those damn genetic freaks with type O blood.

(Whoa...how 'bout that? A little rant that's actually a touch optimistic...but just a touch! )
    Last edited by deja true; 03-20-2009 at 06:49 AM.

The fact is that we are just plain different from most folks. From our all inclusive feelings to our acceptance levels. We are thrust into a society wherein most folks are light years behind us. How well we do really depends on how well we tolerate others even if it takes longer than we would like. Having patience really is a virtue.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I believe that CROSSDRESSERS as a group are treated the worst by society

out of ignorance, discrimination, and hostility. You can be gay and most

will not regonize - but you can't be an open crossdresser without being

recognixed - it just plain SUCKS !

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    I believe that CROSSDRESSERS as a group are treated the worst by society

out of ignorance, discrimination, and hostility. You can be gay and most

will not regonize - but you can't be an open crossdresser without being

recognixed - it just plain SUCKS !

JoAnne Wheeler
    JoAnne. Take a gander at The Day Of Rememberance lists. Yes there are some murdered Cds on the list but there are more murdered Transsexuals. Yes there are murderd white CDs and TSs on the list but there are vastly more African American ones!

In fact if your an African American MtF Transsexual by official figures for the numbers of transsexuals in the population then your are 3 times more liekly to be murdered than die of any other cause! http://aebrain.blogspot.com/2009/01/...ranswomen.html

So nope, crossdressers, especially white ones, are far from the most badly treated group!

I suggest that people living with many mental illnesses get treated worse than us still too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna Daniels View Post
    The fact is that we are just plain different from most folks. From our all inclusive feelings to our acceptance levels. We are thrust into a society wherein most folks are light years behind us. How well we do really depends on how well we tolerate others even if it takes longer than we would like. Having patience really is a virtue.
    I have yet to hear of one kind of experience we go through that other minorities dont go through and did not once as much as we do now. Closeting, passing (like some people of colour passing for white!), hopelessness, internalised self hatred, violence and the fear of violence, abandonment by family and friends and wives and children, employment discrimination...

I've seen these exact same experiences in writings about the past and current experiences of other minorities. The following have/had some of that list:

Women, non-whites, immigrants, indiginous peoples, gays lesbians and bisexuals, every religious group not at the time in the majority prior to the last century or so.

What experiences of CDS are unique through history? None I know of! And yet we balk at imagining that what worked for all these other groups could work for us!

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    ...but sure you gotta admit that some progress is being made. Trouble is it's on a time scale that pisses us off, eh?
    Currently it's slow, cause most of us aren't doing anything about it and so it is a tiny few making any changes. But like womens rights and many more once enough got behind it massive changes occured in a single liftime. Gays are comparable in numbers to CDs. There's likely more CDs! Yet most Gay rights occurred post-Stonewall, thats only a 40 year timeframe from being arrested and tortured in electric shock 'treatments' to same-sex marriage in several countries and states! And with lots of improvements throughout those 40 years!

Unless there's a global revolution led by drag queens, (who require that everyone crossdresses after they win...LOL!), society will take a long, long time to get to the stage of tolerance for ALL. Probably never will!
    Well the gay rights movement was started by crossdressers and transsexuals rioting!

It's amazing what we can start. Just the Gays got behind their out few on the frontlines while we abandoned Sylvia Rivera and the others!

If we do the same we too can have massive changes and swiftly!

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by battybattybats View Post
    Maybe if we just stop pretending everything is too hard and do exactly what everyone else has done before us we too could reap the benefits. It's not like we are pioneers, the path is well paved with not just generations but over a century of examples!
    Now there's a sensible comment. It's not too hard.

I've had enough. I'm challenging people's perceptions now wherever and whenever they arise. My wife and I are rapidly reaching a "right" feeling about how we manage my transition and it looks like we'll be doing a lot of educating.

Sarah...

I am trying to do my part

I do go out. Oh maybe once every month. I do not go out in my small town. I have to go to Bangor. But on any given day half of the population of my little town is there. Anyway I have been trying to get some girls together for a GNO. I just can't seem to get people to go out with me. COME ON SISTERS LET'S GET TOGETHER AND GO OUT!!!!! There is saftey in numbers so let do it. I do want to tell ya it's fun. It's a hole lot of fun.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

King Solomon wrote, that, "there is nothing new under the sun." What has been, will be again." "There is a time for every purpose under heaven." Human nature never changes too much, just tons of technology has! Glen Cambell's 1970 song,",Try a little Kindness" has a line- "Try a little kindness, and you'll overlook the blindness...of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded people, on the narrow minded street." The truth is, in spite of liberal change, and tolerance, for minority groups, our western societies, like ancient Israel, Babylon, Greece, Persia, and Rome,are in steep decline, in bigtime breakdown of marriage, and family! Disenfranchisement is normal, now. Hostility toward conservative families, and religious, narrow minded folks is intolerancer, too. Answering evil with evil, is not often good. As much as I am thrilled by dressing up, once in a while, going out once or twice a year, I know, that society, is stronger, and healthier, when the vast majority, are the normies, who don't "get" cding. Just my honest, humble opinion. Thanks.
    '