Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Painting your nails, how does your SO react?

Former Member
    I paint hers, she paints mine.

It's a great arrangement!

Kathryn Janos
    My gf objects, but understands that I'm ignoring her objections, and if I care what she says about it, it's usually to get her advice on fashionability, matching, and other stuff. But then again, she even covers for me in person when someone asks. "What, punk isn't dead?"
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

Last summer when I painted my toeails, my SO commented how pretty they looked. When I removed the polish for autumn she commented that my pretty nails were gone. I guess I'll be painting them again this summer.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Aspiring Member
    I painted my wife's toenails even before I found out she was accepting of me as a cd. Before she was accepting me, I would paint my toenails with a clear or neutral color polish and don't think she ever noticed. Now that she is accepting, she doesn't mind me painting my nails, but she does worry that if I don't take it off thoroughly that someone will notice. Not long ago, when I had a dress up day and had fingernails painted with a sheer pink, I had a couple of unexpected errands to run, and she advised me to keep the polish on when I left! Said no one would notice. I chickened out, but the ponit is, she's mostly cool with it!!

Senior citizen member
    My wife encourages me to wear nail polish when out and about in drab. She also says no one will notice so I have started to do that and have found that I now like to show off my nails. My wife always does my toe nails and she likes them red. Finger nails we do together. I do my left hand and she does my right. Color is usually a soft pink or pearl.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    For me, my SO does my toenails. Of course in my case, not typical, she is also a TS. I know one TS working male who goes to work with fingernail polish, and has her pics on computer in the office in her female garb.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

My fiancee is totally cool with me painting my toenails...I can paint them any color i like and she would paint them for me if i asked her...She is so awesome.

Silver Member
    I recently suggested to my wife that we go together and have our nails done. She was cool to the idea, stating that we didn't have enough time that day. Since her view of my femininity is that it's something she has to ENDURE out of love for the man she married, I read her response as "Hell, no!" and didn't bring up the subject again.

This past Saturday my SO was on an out of town shopping trip with a friend, so I decided today was the day so I went to a nail salon myself. Long story short, yada yada yada, blah blah blah, I came out with clear coated fingernails and pale pink toenails. Later, SO phones while on her way home and asks what I did while she was out, so I told her. "Nice," was all she said. When she got home, she got a look at my new nails and liked them. "We'll have to go together next time." You can bet I won't have to be asked twice!

my SO paints them for me. She picks the color most of the time.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

Very critical..especially if I don't do a good job....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

I paint her's, but there is no way I, or my SO, would paint mine....just doesn't fit with my SO....could be worst!

She buys me polish!

[SIZE="2"]My sweetie buys all my makeup and nail polish since I can't tell colors !! Being color blind is a bear!!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Hi, I'm Sabrina, Kisses silkysabrina's Avatar

We both love it...

I have to say that I never quite feel dressed unless my nails are done. I grow out my right hand nails and keep them wonderfully long. Its easy since I play the guitar and its always an easy, believeable excuss. My SO loves to paint my nails, and she especially like my toe nails painted. In fact when I remove the polish she gets somewhat dissappointed... So back goes on the color.

Sabrina
    Kisses, Sabrina

heh.... I don't have an SO at the moment, but all my friends really like that I have gone out and gotten my fingernails painted. They like how I'm trying to be "different"

I don't paint mine but I have done my SO's not long ago.
    My advice, buy a good quality nail polish...not some dollar store stuff she got to have me use on her nails........
    Of course it was my fault they didn't come out to nice.
    Ahhhh "women, can't live with em, can't shoot em" as the saying goes

I'm actually looking for some stick on's that would fit me.
    Last edited by Jess_cd32; 04-01-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Smile

We both have french manicure and pedicure! She never said a word about that, I guest... I'm lucky!

I've been wearing nail polish on my toes for years. The only comment I get is when I change colours. I recently changed from a bronze colour to gold and the comment I got was that the bronze colour looked better.

In a nutshell, she pretty much hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Michelle View Post
    Of course tenails can be hidden by socks, but as spring is hear and summer approaches, that will be more difficult.
    Yup, it's been sock season since last October or so. She knows fully well what's going on underneath the socks and has asked at times for me to 86 the polish. This has been one area I'm reluctant (ok, unwilling) to bend in. For me, polish on the toes is like having shaved legs, a constant and pleasant expression of my femininity. Of course I long to not be forced to cover all the time but that'd require so much more revelations about this whole thing.

So alas, summer is approaching, which I'm all good with, except for the fact the polish will be going bye bye unless I have an outing or some anticipated quality girl time at home.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post

So alas, summer is approaching, which I'm all good with, except for the fact the polish will be going bye bye unless I have an outing or some anticipated quality girl time at home.
    In the summer I usually have french pedicures done and I usually wear sandals when not at work. So far no one has noticed, or at least commented about my toenails.
    ColleenW

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenW View Post
    In the summer I usually have french pedicures done and I usually wear sandals when not at work. So far no one has noticed, or at least commented about my toenails.
    I'm sorry but you shouldn't fool yourself into thinking no one has noticed your nails. Those who do just aren't saying anything and you really have no way of knowing what sort of conclusions they are coming to without asking.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    I'm sorry but you shouldn't fool yourself into thinking no one has noticed your nails. Those who do just aren't saying anything and you really have no way of knowing what sort of conclusions they are coming to without asking.
    Of course you're right, that's why I said that I had had no comments. The reality is that I really don't care what some stranger might think or what conclusions they might jump to. Those people who are close to me already know and are accepting.
    ColleenW

Exactly. They are your nails and it is not important what other people think. It is no different than having a tattoo. Folks with tattoos don't care what other people think. That is a hurdle that all CDs must get over if they are ever to be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenW View Post
    Of course you're right, that's why I said that I had had no comments. The reality is that I really don't care what some stranger might think or what conclusions they might jump to. Those people who are close to me already know and are accepting.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

all over the map :)

In male mode I keep all my nails covered in a matte finish polish that so helps to strengthen my nails (Tina really has helped in so many ways!!!!). I keep my wife's toe and finger nails whatever color she want, and Tina has her own color for the times she visits.

tina

My wife paints my toe nails, and sometimes paints my fingernails also.
    Marie O

Mine hated my first choice, Hooker Red as she called it. But she doesn't mind the pinks, and has even bought me me several bottles at the 30 mile yard sale last year and openly asked me if I would like those colors. She has also applied fake nails to my fingers and painted them for me one night after she made up my face. Wont say what happened later