Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Painting your nails, how does your SO react?

I myself don't mind nails be that toe or fingers being painted. I think it fun myself. I actually love to share in that activity because I can't paint my own toes very well..so now I ahve someone to do it for me. Also he does a good set of acrylics on my nail.. a lot cheaper than going and having it done. As far a colors..I let him experiment...that the only way you know what works for you. I myself love green on my nails, but the ladies I work with pick on me and say it looks like I picked my nose and stuck it on my nails.lol
    [SIZE="3"]Do not wait; the time will never be ''just right.'' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.

It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.

They condemn what they do not understand.

[/SIZE]

Not too thrilled - try to use clear, but it is too shiny - can't seem to find

any real good matt clear polish - Karren Hutton recommended one several

weeks ago, but said that it peeled off after a day or two. Well I went out

and bought a bottle and tried it and she was absolutely correct - it won't

stay on - starts peeling or chipping right way - so if anyone knows of a good

long lasting clear matt polish, I'm sure a lot of us underdressing Girls would

love to hear about it.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne Wheeler View Post
    Not too thrilled - try to use clear, but it is too shiny - can't seem to find

any real good matt clear polish - Karren Hutton recommended one several

weeks ago, but said that it peeled off after a day or two. Well I went out

and bought a bottle and tried it and she was absolutely correct - it won't

stay on - starts peeling or chipping right way - so if anyone knows of a good

long lasting clear matt polish, I'm sure a lot of us underdressing Girls would

love to hear about it.

JoAnne Wheeler
    I use OPI Matte Nail Envy - it stays for weeks on my nails.
    ColleenW

Being single I do my own and have a few colors I like, deep plum and black and a clear light pink. During the work week I use a clear on my fingers at work. I have had a couple gg friends ask if I get a manicure and told them I do them myself which they have said well done. I think most of my male co-workers have noticed but have not said anything.

Keli

We have spa nights and do the whole nine yards...usually every Thursday. And have every color under the sun and change it as the mood or season changes.Something fun to do together
    Now I have an idea for a wedding pressie for you two
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

My wife doesn't like to see any part of my cding, including painted nails. She has commented before about there being "a little polish still left...you need to get rid of it..." She is very observant, and notices anything else I miss when I remove all traces of my cding. Of course tenails can be hidden by socks, but as spring is hear and summer approaches, that will be more difficult.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenW View Post
    I use OPI Matte Nail Envy - it stays for weeks on my nails.
    Nail envy is a treatment for nails and shouldn't be left on all the time, if the instructions are read it is two coats, then one coat every other day for a week, then remove and start again.

This is what I use.

I don't mind my SO doing her nails, sometimes she does them herself, sometimes I do them for her and we both go together for manicures
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

we share nail polish and sometimes i do her toes for her she even went out and bought some special colors for me to play with

Mani-pedi

Just did mine on Friday, my wife has her own 'tool box' of colors so I picked one I liked and did them. Of course I had to take it off my fingernails so we could go out Friday night. My wife thought I did a respectable job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Deb,

Sounds like you have a very cool SO there! My wife is totally fine with it also, in fact, she encourages it! She likes me to look after my nails by keeping them a nice length (very long for a guy but medium length for a woman) shaping them to slightly rounded off, also pushing the cuticles back and moisturizing them. She likes my hands to look nice so they are also always shaved and moisturized as well. She always reminds me to keep some sort of polish on my nails always, as protection from breaking as well as looking nice which means that I wear shiny clear during the week for work reasons, and a color at on the weekends.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Talking Take your chances/do it till you're satisfied!

Look,I'm all for whatever one can get away with ,but, life can be a little "funny" at times.Even though my wife of 38 yrs. knows,most of my dressing occurs alone in the safety of my closet.Get it? Now,the rest of the story;
    In truth I love it, but I've never been comfortable with it.
    I was raised Catholic and live my brainwashed life feeling guilty
    about cross-dressing and eating meat on friday (LOL)! So-o-o-o,
    painted nails in public is not my thing, I guess you could say.
    Last summer I figured I would do my toes and enjoyed that
    indulgence for a time cause I could....."get away w/ it". Ha!
    While on a fishing trip in the middle of Lake Erie I had a heart attack {no Pain}.How does a guy like me go to the hospital with painted toes. Are ya startin' to get my dilemma?
    Well I survived to laugh about it now, but I wanted to share it with some understanding ears perhaps. What would you have done?

He does'nt mind

My s/o is another preop TG and he/she only complains when I use his/her polish.

My wife and I get pedicures on an semi-regular basis. I can't do red or pink but anything else is ok. I currrently have a purple color with sparkles from China Glaze. My step-daughter is actually the first one to buy me a pedi gift certficate at the suggestion of my wife. My feet actually suffer without a regular pedi.

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    My wife loves it. She suggests colors, and even suggested I try a French Manicure (which I did a couple of weeks ago).

At first I use to paint them go to my girl job and then unmaint them or take them off for my MALE job. But since I no longer have a male job they stay on and painted all the time. I find that many LGBT will talk more openly to me once they see my nails and find I am a part of the community.
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

Painted nails

My wife is not very supportive. She is OK with OPI Nail Envy on my fingernails. Gets very upset with colored polish. "You don't have to do wear nail polish. You can fantasize, that should be enough". Actually, it's not. My fanstasy now is someday I will have a standing nail salon appointment to have my 24/7 long red nails cared for.

My GF, after a few discussions and seeing my pretty feet, is fine with me painting my toenails. Her biggest concern was that it would change me as a person. When I showed her that wasn't the case, she was much more okay with it. In fact, she said "I barely even noticed your toes were painted!" when they were in I'm Not Really a Waitress red all weekend

I dont mind if he wants to paint his toe nails and keep them painted for a few days, I do paint them for him too. Its not a big deal between us. He can choose any color he likes, but I must say, I do enjoy when we wear the same color, it looks cute when our feet meet in bed...
    [SIZE="2"]"At the end, what really matters is whom you love and who loved you"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. X (gg) View Post
    I dont mind if he wants to paint his toe nails and keep them painted for a few days, I do paint them for him too. Its not a big deal between us. He can choose any color he likes, but I must say, I do enjoy when we wear the same color, it looks cute when our feet meet in bed...
    Bravo Mrs.X Bravo!

No problem here. We share colours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    In my personal situation i can paint them any colour i like, in fact i'm sure if i asked, she'd even paint them for me.
    No need to ask just get yout butt here, and I will do em for you as you walk in the door that'll have the neighbours talking, me peeling your clothes off on doorstep
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Depends on the situation.

At home, she has no problem with any color.

Toes, not seen, no problems. She has asked why I would take it off when going to the gym to swim laps, if I am not ashamed of it. A challenge don't you know. Ha, my toes have been painted for the last three weeks.

Even my fingernails have been painted all this week. Either she hasn't noticed, or she hasn't said anything. Opi's Tutti Frutti Tonga.

Once, when at the store, she had me write a check, knowing my red nails would be on display. She just stood back and watch the reaction of those around us. Another time she was quite upset my nails were polished. Sometimes one can never tell how she'll react.

One night we decided to go to the movies. I started to remove the polish, but she said we should get going. At the movie she sent me for two large drinks. No hiding the nails carrying those big cups.
    DonnaT

She didn't mind me keeping my toes done all the time and several times we would both do our finger nails. I even went out in drab (hate that term too) especially when a Denver team would make it to a big game (so once every 5 years or so). It is amazing how many men will even compliment you on it as long as it is team colors (I need to move to a place with red) I would use clear polish on my fingers frequently.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I don't have very nice finger nails, certainly not feminine looking. Therefore, I prefer to have my nails done at a salon. The only problem with this is that when I have to take them off, the glue is IMPOSSIBLE. The nails are meant to last and that is not always possible when you're a c/der. And, especially when your SO isn't accepting of such a visable sign that you're a c/der. As for colors, I prefer very neutral colors and I have never painted my toe nails. My SO is most certainly not cool with me painting my nails (or shaving for that matter).

Oh i can rant about this one!

My SO hates it when my nails are painted but i still do!