Thread: TSA Changing Their Rules/Requirements?

TSA Changing Their Rules/Requirements?

New TSA Rules

This link was posted in another group I belong to, along with her comments expressing concern that it will make things harder for TG's to travel. Considering how often I fly femme I hope she is mistaken.

I've read the article and don't think it really changes anything significant for us. As I will never be transitioning, the ID I've always presented when traveling femme is my male drivers license, so the TSA was already well aware I was male. I think the article just implies that now they will be storing my gender somewhere in the reservation and ticket data.

So long as they don't slash my forms, I'm good. I almost always get picked to have my bags rifled through, and have gotten to the point where I think it's pretty funny when I see the TSA go through all my femme stuff. At least it keeps things interesting for them, right?
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

All of you frequent flying sisters keep us once in a great while siters advised

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Quote Originally Posted by Noxvictum View Post
    So long as they don't slash my forms, I'm good....
    Good luck, Tracy. Are your breasts under three ounces?

(I can't tell you how ashamed I am for posting that.)

Lallie

PS: Seriously, the best way to keep them from rifling through your femme stuff is to wear it! And maybe I will sometime...in my dreams.
    Last edited by Starling; 03-21-2009 at 02:39 PM.
    Time for a change.

honestly I don't know... Size 4. But I imagine it is.
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Kim, thank you for sharing this with us. After reading it I do not think it will change how they interact with a CD enfemme. It does sound like they will have to have a "declared gender" in the original ticketing. As long as you declare what your ID papers have on them, I do not see it as a problem.

I do find this interesting, as fairly soon I will be off to visit family in CA and if I can work out the details, I was planning to go dressed ( and your stories have gone a long way to giving me the courage for that by the way).

From what I read, your date of birth and gender marker must match what is on the ID you present upon check-in. So, it should not make a difference as long as you answer their questions the way they want...
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

It sounds like it would be preferable for CD's travelling enfemme to have a state ID with their femme picture. We'll be doing our part to help move the lines along.

If they asked me what my sex is I would say one thing, If they asked me what my gender is then I would have to say something else!!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsy View Post
    If they asked me what my sex is I would say one thing, If they asked me what my gender is then I would have to say something else!!

Kelsy
    Indeed. Many organizations (usually non-commercial entities) have been revising their policies with regards to forms in that many have stopped asking for gender, and have instead been asking for sex.

Of course, sex isn't a A/B answer anymore than gender is.