Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got the Texas ID

I got the Texas ID

So I posted a while back about having contacted the Texas DPS (some states would call it the DMV) to see if it was legal to have both, a Drivers License and a state ID. They agreed that it was perfectly legal and so I was waiting for the chance to take a day off, get dressed, and "Git 'er done!"
    The funny thing is that while I was waiting for the chance (less than a week) one or two other people from the forum beat me to it! LOL
    Well, today I got 'er done! I have a late flight to Buffalo NY not leaving Austin until 1PM, but I had to be dressed and out of the house before 7AM to sneak past my daughter. That gave me a LOT of time dressed with nothing to do, so I went to the DPS to get the ID.

First I went to the Georgetown DPS. It's a small town so I didn't think it would be much hassle. Couple of problems though. This place was TINY - there would be no privacy for quiet conversations. I got there a few minutes before they open and the parking lot was already full. Not just full, but the the other people waiting were clearly farmers, construction workers, and truck drivers (two 18 wheelers in the parking lot).
    I chickened out and drove to the Leander one instead. It was fair sized, had a reasonable crowd, and I just felt better trying it. They treated me with perfect respect, called me "ma'am" etc, and it was seriously easy. All they asked for was my Drivers License and my money.
    She did confirm that at least in Texas, the two cards are 100% different so the pic on the ID I just got will not end up on my drivers license. After she snapped my picture, I winked at her and asked her if she'd managed to make me look gorgeous. She laughed, looked at the monitor (no she didn't show it to me) and said "Yep, looks pretty good!".
    Now I just have to wait two weeks for it to arrive in the mail! :-)

I know a girl in Ohio that had to have her name leagally changed before the BMV would change her name.
    1st she had to apply to have her name changed. That was about 55.00 then she had to have an add in the paper for 30 days to see if anyone would contest it, that was about 55.00.
    After that she got a court date and her name got changed. She has her DL and SS card changed with her new name.

"DID THEY CHANGE THE GENDER TO, OR JUST YOUR NAME?????

Some states will even let you change the gender on your Birth Certificate.
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

Awesome. That is great news.

I am probably a little ways away from doing that, but...one day I will do it for sure.

Questions: 1. Let's just say a cop pulls you over for a busted tail light, and you were dressed en-femme. Normally he would ask for a drivers license. Would you give him both, or just the license, or what? 2. Obviously you would use the id for flying, where else would you use it? I can't see if being used to verify a credit card while shopping (or would you?) since the names would be different, unless your credit card is in your fem name.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    A tale of a different kind of travel ! It is interesting. I think I may give the Iowa DMV a call and see if they have a similar policy. Thanks (again) for telling your story and giving out some courage in a bottle to the rest of us.

You are now officially official!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera View Post
    I know a girl in Ohio that had to have her name leagally changed before the BMV would change her name.
    1st she had to apply to have her name changed. That was about 55.00 then she had to have an add in the paper for 30 days to see if anyone would contest it, that was about 55.00.
    After that she got a court date and her name got changed. She has her DL and SS card changed with her new name.

Hugs,
    Tamera
    All states now require the name change to be done legal before they will change the name on the DL.

All but 12 states will let you change the gender marker on your birth certificate. Ohio is one of the 12.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

so it's official your you . congratulations sis

Yay!!! Thats awesome to hear.Congrats on gettin' it done. Glad everything went pleasantly too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kimberly,

Did the state ID have your female or male name on it or is your first name gender nutural.

I am one of the girls that lives in Ohio.

Kim -- Congratulations on getting that state ID. Now we have to wait a couple of weeks to see the pic.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tamera View Post

Hugs,
    Tamera
    I read the previous thread. All information was required to be the same as on the DL. Name, gender, everything. Just a different picture to match the presentation.

Aspiring Member
    Way to go. You rock, sister.

You have to wait 2 weeks? Do you live in a third world country? In my home state you'd get it right there. Too bad Texas is so far behind the times!
    Dana Fleming

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    You have to wait 2 weeks? Do you live in a third world country? In my home state you'd get it right there. Too bad Texas is so far behind the times!

California is the same way. Its just that Ohio is a hick town with not that many people

Seriously I'd expect with the real ID act that its going to take all states a bit longer
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Well Kimberly, it looks like you found a way to get around that pesky photo radar out my way. Now you have an ID to prove it wasn’t you doing 75 mph down one of our fine highways. At least that’s what you can tell the judge at your hearing.

BTW, I was walking by the departure gate of that Allentown flight the other day on my way to get a cup of coffee. I was hoping that I’d see the Forum's Famous Frequent Flyer waiting for a flight there but alas, I failed. However, there was a volleyball team or something with a bunch of teenage girls waiting for their flight and they were pretty intimidating. I was of course in drab mode but they made me nervous just being around them so I beat a hasty retreat to another Koffee Kiosk for my caffeine fix.

Jen

:rose2

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Michelle View Post
    Awesome. That is great news.

I am probably a little ways away from doing that, but...one day I will do it for sure.

Questions: 1. Let's just say a cop pulls you over for a busted tail light, and you were dressed en-femme. Normally he would ask for a drivers license. Would you give him both, or just the license, or what? 2. Obviously you would use the id for flying, where else would you use it? I can't see if being used to verify a credit card while shopping (or would you?) since the names would be different, unless your credit card is in your fem name.
    You might need a DL to prove you're leagal to drive. State IDs don't prove you're licensed to operate a vehicle...no matter how hot you are.

Congratulations Kim, way to go!

Not a little girl
    Hi Kimberly,

Congrats!

What does your spouse think about this?

Do you usually get the mail at home?

Does your spouse ever open the mail?

Just wondering... And hoping for the best!

WOO HOO!! You go Kimberly.
    You've got a femme ID!!
    Congrats!
    Now, the circle is complete!!

It's too bad you have to wait 2 weeks.
    On the day I got mine, I was in and out in about 10 to 15 minutes, ID in hand.
    It feels soooooo good when you use it. I compare it to when I first turned 21 and couldn't wait for the day when the clerk asks for my ID when buying boose.
    Use it proud girlfriend!

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 03-23-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I think mine was faster than 2 weeks. Seems like I remember it only being one week, but of course they won't tell you that in case it takes longer.
    Congrats!

Kim

Well done Kimberly! Now come back to Boston so we can all see it!!
    Kristen

Contracts Kimberly !!!!!

Wow, great to hear your finally of age and can get into a liquor establishment.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Yeah, Bay-bee! Way to go!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

All the question have already been answered...its an ID with your legal name etc., but with an alternate photo. I was wondering if the photo would ever be linked to your driver's license and that's not the case...so wonderful! Glad you got er done!