Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Closet CDs, how do you rationalize all the $$$ you spend on CDing?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Closet CDs, how do you rationalize all the $$$ you spend on CDing?

I'm asking CLOSET CDs only, because it's obvious that for most TS/TGs, they NEED their girlie things to function every day! NOT SO for us CLOSET denizens!

Because I rarely wear ANYTHING more than once every few years, I tend to be VERY careful about spending $$ on clothes.

On the other hand, I've spent a small fortune on; wigs, shoes, breast forms, corsets, and my femskin female suit!

My rational for doing that is; I need those things to complete my fantasy transformation. And if I'm careful with those things, they'll last the rest of my life! And, I spend the $$$ that COULD be spent on clothes!

Yes, I KNOW it sounds goofy! But, that's how I think!

How do OTHER closet CDs justify their big CD $$$ splurges? If u have them, that is?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 03-25-2009 at 09:44 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

im the same way. i just get what i need for the transformation. but it is nice to put together different looks.

Is there an inexpensive hobby?
    I regard my CDing as a hobby, so any money spent on it is written off to my hobby.
    Perhaps it's cheaper than being a model train enthusiast or a Corvette owner?

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Is there an inexpensive hobby?
    Ya, bird watching, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Perhaps it's cheaper than being a Corvette owner?
    This is Waaayyyyyyy cheaper then my car hobby, trust me

And believe me, I have a lot of stuff [clothes, shoes, make-up, the works] and it is still nothing compared to what I have spent in the past on my "hobby" cars.

Try justifying to someone why you need a $1000.00 carburetor to replace the perfectly good one you spent $700.00 on 4 months ago. lol
    Last edited by Sammy777; 03-25-2009 at 02:49 AM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I go shoe shopping a lot - a lot, but I rarely purchase any shoes. The reason is I'm very picky about what shoes I buy because I don't get to wear them very often and I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that doesn't get worn very much at all. I can't justify it. Of course, I do wear girly shoes every day (not heels), so I'm picky about those as well because they need to be well-built and comfortable.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Compared to my college hobby of collecting action figures and not opening them ( I collected and still sporadically collect action figures, but please no comparison to the 40 year old virgin)?!I'd say CD'ing costs way less...I only buy bare essentials for now and as to the other things like skin care etc. I integrate it with my guy side. My spending might go up though once I test the waters and actually go out en femme...I wouldn't be caught dead wearing the same outfit twice, won't I?!

Banned Read only
    Well... I guess it's a lot cheaper than the drink or drugs that I'd probably resort to if I was trying to suppress my trans-ness!

It's a lot healthier,too!

(Not entirely tongue in cheek!...)
    Last edited by deja true; 03-25-2009 at 07:00 AM.

Helping the Economy

I do 85% of my shopping at thrift stores. This saves me a tone of cash. I live alone, so I don't have to rationalize to anybody but myself. I won that fight years ago. By purchesing clothes we help keep the nation moving.
    Cary

Its my money. I will spend it any way I see fit!!! I spend very little of it on cding anyway!!! But that does remind me, I need more petticoats!!!!

Female clothes (at least in my sizes) generally are cheaper than male clothes, so I can buy a week's worth of clothes (which I've done in the past week) for the price of about 3 days worth of men's clothes. So if I'm home, it's actually cheaper , since no one actually sees what I wear anyway.

Not sure I'm getting your point RS. Since when do guys need to rationalize spending money on anything? We are nothing but "big kids" to begin with, right?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Simply, if I want it, I buy it and then I wear it to show it off to the world (or part of it at least).
    ~Samm

are you kidding, price a round of golf, at a good club, and then add in the cost of a golf outfit! CD'ing is cheap.
    Hunters spend a fortune on their hobby, and it goes on and on.
    Tina

I ont want to sound all "Goody two shoes" but whenever I spend on any girl things I donate the same amount of money to a good cause.

This does some real good, makes me feel good and keeps my girl spending within reasonable limits.
    Dana Fleming

How do I justify spending money for my CD habit?

It's all about $$$ spent versus pleasure gained.

The money I have spent on clothes, wigs and make up are totally insignificant compared to the complete satisfaction and pleasure of seeing (and being) Tash.

Aspiring Member
    some times you can justify the amount spent, fever comes over you and you want every thing even though you couldn't wear it all if you worked in them every day and never retired. bit of exagaration here.

It's pretty much reiterating the same message, but it's cheap compared to other hobbies I have, and I could be doing much more expensive hobbies that I'm not because I do this instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Goddess View Post
    im the same way. i just get what i need for the transformation. but it is nice to put together different looks.
    I just look at beautiful women in skirts,stockings,blouses&heels&wonder what I would
    look like wearing the outfit?

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    When I was in the closet, all I had was a couple of outfits and I didn't wear wigs or makeup because as I wasn't going out, and I couldn't come out to my GF, I didn't really see the point. Since I have come out though I have spent a small fortune on clothes, shoes, makeup and accessories but I need it if I am going to transition. I have probably spent around £750 in the last four months.
    living the dream

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaM View Post
    Ya, bird watching, lol.

This is Waaayyyyyyy cheaper then my car hobby, trust me

And believe me, I have a lot of stuff [clothes, shoes, make-up, the works] and it is still nothing compared to what I have spent in the past on my "hobby" cars.

Try justifying to someone why you need a $1000.00 carburetor to replace the perfectly good one you spent $700.00 on 4 months ago. lol
    My brother is an avid bird watcher and spends a fortune visiting remote places to (perhaps) catch a glimpse of some rare species.

I used to own a boat. Now THAT was expensive to maintain!

Here's how I rationalize the money I lay out for Fran's wardrobe:

I have never had an affair, thus motel rooms and divorce lawyers haven't cost me a dime. I don't spend money on season tickets for our city's NBA team. I drink nothing more expensive than an occasional Coke Zero. I don't belong to a country club, and I don't play golf. I never make fishing trips to the coast. And I don't drive with a lead foot.

The only thing I can't resist is a sale at Ann Taylor or Cache.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Girls like me just wanna be brides...

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Interestingly, now that I am going out in the world, my fem purchases have gone WAY up. Before, while just in the closet** I spent fairly little. I bought only the things I really wanted and didn't try to make complete "outfits", fully accessorized. Now, I try and be very frugal, almost all of my clothes come from the Thrifts. But when you add up the makeup and clothes and (cheap) jewelry and shoes and .... it gets to be my most expensive "hobby". Truth be told, I do not really have a lot of hobbies. Just dressing and collecting concert recordings.

Charlene
    ** a term I do not like, I've never even tried to dress in there... too small - no mirror.

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    True, it is the cheapest "hobby" (if you want to call it that) I have. Even though the $$ I spend on getting new cd stuff I can easily spend 10-100x on other 'stuff'.... lol! I enjoy wearing nice clothes in guy mode and I enjoy wearing nice clothes in girl mode too, regardless of what occasion I am dressed for, so what's the difference?!

I don't try to rationalise anything in my life

If something makes me happy i do it.
    Buying c/ding things and being Debs makes me happy, so i buy them and enjoy being Debs

It's simple really!!!!

I'm with Debs. Forget rationalization and be impulsive. It's more fun that way.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.