Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you "pretty"?

Do I like the term "pretty" when applied to how I look? ABSOLUTELY! I will never be "gorgeous" or "sexy", but with some work I can try to be pretty. If someone notices and compliments me with that description, I am thrilled.
    Julie

Depends on what I wear... In some outfits I really think I look pretty. In outfits that just aren't that flattering, I feel just so so... Also depends on the wig to a surprising degree. I have one wig which makes me look and feel especially pretty, but it's a bit too "big hair" ish for going out.

The occasional "gee you're pretty" compliments have come from other T-girls, rarely, if ever from a guy. Guess they feel like sissies if they tell someone they're pretty. Women say "you look nice".

Mitzi
    Last edited by Mitzi; 03-26-2009 at 10:20 PM.

My mom says I am pretty.....weird! My b/f says I am pretty.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 05-02-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Don't know if I am or I am not.

Who cares?

Not looking for compliments only acceptance.

Jan

Pretty ; OED definition, "attractive in a delicate way without being truly beautiful or handsome" . a pretty child, a pretty dress[I]
    No sometimes I am considered gorgeous or beautiful, but I've never been considered just pretty.

Pretty? I do my best to try to be. And sometimes I pull it off better than at other times. My perception of myself is that I'm pretty, and I'm trying to be pretty. Others here tell me that I am, and I always appreciate that. But it's always in the eyes of the beholder, whether it's me or someone else. I certainly enjoy feeling pretty. And I hope others see me that way. I try.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I would hope so!(In the words of Dolly Parton,It take a lot of time and money to look this trashy)LOL

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Exclamation Am I pretty?

[SIZE=4]The most wonderful gift I have received after my transition to living 24/7 as a female was the words: "You are so beautiful" which I heard not only once but many times and from people I didn't even know. Then I heard one woman tell me "You are so sexy," the first time I went out in a tank top with no bra.

I have had my old gf say many times: "You look so pretty in that outfit." She has also told me I am beautiful. She has also said many times: "You have great legs." (My leg pictures have been downloaded by people unknown to me over 5000 times. My picture over 100,000 times.)

I am still in awe of the woman I have become. I am so happy with the way I look now, and never was before transition day.

My exgf told me last night that I really was born female, it shows in everything I do and the way I act. That also made me feel good.

So these wonderful words have been a real blessing to me. And I have many guys in their 20's hit on me after seeing my pictures on another forum. And do I love it? You better believe it.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Empress Lainie; 03-27-2009 at 10:12 AM.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Pretty??

Looking pretty and most of all feeling pretty is why i probably dress,,,,such a wonderful enthralling feeling,,,never had these feelings in drab mode,,,,,its wonderful to kinda finally `feel sexy`,,,,my two cents

Pretty. Yeah. In my dreams. Reality is another matter entirely.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Empress Lainie View Post
    And I have many guys in their 20's hit on me after seeing my pictures on another forum.

And if I smoke enough crack, I'll make the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.

Aspiring Member
    Just call me Kay Sarah, Kay Sarah, whatever will be will be. I don't think that I am pretty but I seem to be able to pass most of the time. But Paige, if that is your real picture then you are pretty. Just call me jealous. Leanne

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    It has taken me 3 pages of waiting to get up the nerve to answer this one. Mostly because beauty is sooo subjective. But, I would have to say that I am not pretty. As a male, I'm told I'm handsome. But pretty, nah. I wish I was and I try to emphasize things to go in that direction. I think I look normal though, and I am very thankful for that.

Dressing always makes me feel good on the inside, but never "pretty."
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Wink

i no i look good as a women my wife makes me look very like a women i am in elyria ohio looking for a freind

No, I don't consider myself pretty and do not aspire to that term. I hope people don't call me ugly.

Silver Member
    I have never been told I look pretty and probably is because I am not. I have been told I look nice and I am happy with that. When you get to be in your 60's being told you look pretty just doesn't happen very often. Of course I am speaking about myself and do not mean to include everyone my age.

Am i pretty? Most probably not, but I suppose that's for others to judge. When I get things right I certainly feel sensational, and that's what matters.

Cheers

Tash

Fifteen years ago I was called pretty in both modes, but now I'm just glad to know that I feel pretty when all dressed up.
    Striving for acceptance.

Ir depends, if I go all out and do the whole makeup, wig, pretty dress, yes I think I'm pretty. My wife has told me that I'm prettier than some of the women we meet in puplic, some of which I would have to agree.
    When wear male clothes, no I'm just a regular joe, nothing special.

The word "Pretty" is how I feel when en femme. All the sensations running together inside me are like little bubbles and the result is a joy when I look in the mirror and see "my feminine self". My wife has become accustomed to and accepting of Sissy Jen and has often complimented an outfit or my appearance in general as Pretty. The highest compliment ever was when she told me I looked "clean, fresh & pretty". Pretty is a feminine word & one I love directed to me.

Now that is kind of a loaded question Stephanie, although one "girl" I can think of in particular on here is pretty full of herself. I'm not sure "pretty" is the right word necessarily. I think poise and confinence are more important whether we happen to be a "looker" or not.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

my SO says im pretty and i take that as a compliment

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Kay View Post
    Do you feel comfortable referring to yourself as pretty?
    Referring to myself as pretty? ... err no. I never do that. Not becuase I have a problem with "pretty" it's just that I don't think I ever can be. I like to think that I can sometimes look "cute" when dressed but I don't consider myself "pretty" by any stretch of the imagination. Now my wife on the other hand .......

My wife occasionally says she thinks I look pretty if we are all dressed up and ready to go out to TG function together somewhere, but mostly both of us focus on "feeling cute"
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I think you're pretty, Rachel. Inside and out, dear.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/