Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something I noticed

Something I noticed

Something I noticed,

I was at the mall, people watching (looking at the ladies, clothes) and it just seems that not many gg’s dress to impress any more, it might have been the time of day or the day it‘s self but they just did not dress well, about 5 dresses (clerks at the dress store) sneakers not heels, even the make up was weak,
    is it just me or do any of you notice this too
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Women in general don't take pride in the way they are dressed anymore...

There are some who still take the time to dress well and look nice but it seems as the years go by fewer and fewer make the effort to dress nicely. As I go thru my transition I hope to develop the habit of looking as good as I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I think if you look at the GG's by age group, you will find that the older ones do care about their looks. The younger really don't seem to care, unless they are really trying to impress someone. Too bad for them, and those of us who like to people watch!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

That's how I go to the mall... I get enough of "dress up" during the week. jeans a blouse, some lip gloss, and my hair tied back ot hanging loose.... I don't always hav thr time or where with all to get all dolled up to go buy make-up or somethong.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly51 View Post
    There are some who still take the time to dress well and look nice but it seems as the years go by fewer and fewer make the effort to dress nicely. As I go thru my transition I hope to develop the habit of looking as good as I can.
    After you go through yout transition some of the novelty will wear off, and you're find yourself saying....I just going for a minute. Lifestyles change.. when you're busy with a job and other obligations there isn't always time. I am pretty sure that GG's with husbands and kids and jobs to contend with will tell you... Not always easy to find the time, or just too friggin tired.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    Yup, it's really dying out. My GF rarely ever dresses up unless she wants pictures, and it's rare to ever seen girl dressed up just to look nice.
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

It's called........... the "comphy" zone!!! Ekkkkkkkkkkkk
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erica12b View Post
    .... it just seems that not many gg’s dress to impress any more
    I think that's a little bit unfair on the GGs to say that, because IMHO neither do guys. When was the last time you saw a guy looking sharp in a suit and tie at the mall or anywhere else for that matter? In the 21st century people dress how they want and being casual wins the day
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I think kelly nailed it right on. There is no reason for FABs to get "all dolled up" just to go shopping or chase the kids around. These are ladies with lives to live.

There seems recently to be a plethera of threads commenting on how FABs dress. HEY.. It's their life and they are dressed for what they are doing and for THEIR comfort, not to impress some guy who thinks they should always look like they're going to a fomal dinner or out hooking.

In many ways I'm happy accepted dress is more casual. Primarily because it makes it easier for me to blend in and go about my daily life fem. If I had to get all dolled up daily there is no way I could do it with the the same acceptance/lack of negative reaction I get now.

So please...enough of the "I don't like how FABs are dressing now because it's not up to the standard I'm setting for them" threads.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

It's true, between kids, shopping, cleaning, working and walking the dog we don't always have the time to 'dress to impress' but like to wear what's appropriate for the occasion. If that occasion is a night on the town, an important meeting, a meal out or an exciting social event then there's nothing nicer than getting dressed up. When was the last time you had an exciting night on the town?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_A View Post
    I think kelly nailed it right on. There is no reason for FABs to get "all dolled up" just to go shopping or chase the kids around. These are ladies with lives to live.

There seems recently to be a plethera of threads commenting on how FABs dress. HEY.. It's their life and they are dressed for what they are doing and for THEIR comfort, not to impress some guy who thinks they should always look like they're going to a fomal dinner or out hooking.

So please...enough of the "I don't like how FABs are dressing now because it's not up to the standard I'm setting for them" threads.

-Paula-
    Thank you Paula- I'm glad some of you realise what it's like in the real world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One of my early lessons from my partner was that it wasnt necessary to "doll up" every time I went out.

She introduced me to the "mascara, lippy, concealer" routine with Jeans and casual top .. andguess what .. I fitted in with the women around me.
    I am really happy in casual now. BUT .. I always "do the biz" when we are going out for a meal or an occcasion and always do my makeup well for work. But then again, the girls at work always look smart.

I like to be confortable being "me". Why shouldn't a GG? If she is at ease without the slap and heels .. good for her!
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

Maybe it's Indiana, but I've noticed a trend of young ladies actually wearing make up, skirts and heels here, and lots of french mani's too it's quite a nice thing to see.

I'm talking about grocery shopping on weekends to boot.

Don't get me wrong. I miss the days of seeing most GGs dressed up. I can also appreciate them wearing jeans, etc. As I dress more, I'm starting to realize how easy it is to let things go for comfort. I can tell you from experience eventhough I love everything about pantyhose, but after 8+ hours of wearing them at the office, I can't wait to pull them off.
    Cary

Maybe so but how did you know they were women? It's evident, right? They don't need the "help" we do to "pass". Looking "nice" is a matter of perspective anyway my friend. I rest my case.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I suspect that even Doris Day is dressed quite casually for day to day errands... in real life!

I think that is one reason why so many of us get 'read' when out shopping. We all want to look our best at all times. I was in Asda Walmart the other Friday evening and one of us 'girls' were shopping. The only reason that most people noticed was because she was the best dresed girl in there and the only one in a skirt and heels.

Barbara

Something I noticed

I think Sarah asked a really good question. After working and caring for the family, house and pets, me and my ex never went anywhere, even drive in movies became rare. I think going out for dinner and a movie or something is something every couple should do at least once a month. After giving so much time, attention and money we should treat ourselves to the rewards we have worked for.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    After you go through yout transition some of the novelty will wear off, and you're find yourself saying....I just going for a minute. Lifestyles change.. when you're busy with a job and other obligations there isn't always time. I am pretty sure that GG's with husbands and kids and jobs to contend with will tell you... Not always easy to find the time, or just too friggin tired.
    Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_A View Post

In many ways I'm happy accepted dress is more casual. Primarily because it makes it easier for me to blend in and go about my daily life fem. If I had to get all dolled up daily there is no way I could do it with the the same acceptance/lack of negative reaction I get now.

-Paula-
    ...and yup again.

Here's an excerpt from a post I made about 24 hours ago which also seems to fit this one:

Women are out there living their lives. Some may not care so much about superficial things such as manicures, hairstyles or making the required AZ (AutoZone) uniform uber-femme. Perhaps some wish they had time for such things were it not for caring for children while keeping food on the table and a roof over their heads. The priority that femininity takes in these pages shouldn't be assumed to apply to women in the real world. Some women care about this stuff more than we could ever know, others can give a hoot.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Aspiring Member

To Kellycan,

Kelly, was that a typo, or were you really going to the mall to by "somethong"? LOL

I agree with the thought that women today dress for the activity but the problem I see each day at work(a university) is the dress is so relaxed they look as if they are going out to clean the barn or just out of bed. The latter is more prevelant as this may be the case. This is to bad as when they leave college and move out in the work force they will be dressing more for the corporate world.

Keli

Quote Originally Posted by Keli-H View Post
    I agree with the thought that women today dress for the activity but the problem I see each day at work(a university) is the dress is so relaxed they look as if they are going out to clean the barn or just out of bed. The latter is more prevelant as this may be the case. This is to bad as when they leave college and move out in the work force they will be dressing more for the corporate world.
    But this doesn't apply to women only does it?

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maid Barbara View Post
    ...........We all want to look our best at all times. I was in Asda Walmart the other Friday evening and one of us 'girls' were shopping. The only reason that most people noticed was because she was the best dresed girl in there and the only one in a skirt and heels.

Barbara
    You have something there Barbara..it is to do with comfort zones..... I am not comfy with jeans....

~Sam
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 03-27-2009 at 06:41 AM.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

GGs dress for comfort. I see no problem with that! I like a pair of girljeans, flats or sneakers with a nice top etc!! GGs look good in casual clothes. Many CDs have to dress it up in order to be more passible IMO

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I think that's a little bit unfair on the GGs to say that, because IMHO neither do guys. When was the last time you saw a guy looking sharp in a suit and tie at the mall or anywhere else for that matter?
    Rachel said it before I could.

Also, another reason many GGs might not 'dress to impress' is because the novelty of skirts and heels and hose and such has worn off by the time some us hit our late teens. That's about the time I know I got tired of people telling me I had to look a certain way to be acceptable.
    [SIZE=3]SouthernBelle
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]“Some things are strange to me, and some things are odd.
    But I don't condemn. If you can accept me, I can accept you.” ~Dolly Parton
    [/SIZE]