Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something I noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I think that's a little bit unfair on the GGs to say that, because IMHO neither do guys. . . .
    Gotta hand it to you, THAT is an excellent point and I am certainly guilty my darn self.

Ivy
    I couldn't agree more with both Rachel and SouthernBelle, guys are much worse. For every woman at the grocery store in her pajamas, there's a guy who goes to the office looking pretty slobby. For many of us, going out or even having the chance to dress up is a special event, but the novelty has worn off on me a bit. I really enjoy getting all dressed up now and then, but when my life gets busier, it becomes harder to do. Getting dressed to the nines every day can easily add 30 minutes if not more to your day, I don't always have time for that, and GGs are busier than ever these days.

Dress however you want.

Well, many of you have said it right.

Let's remember that we need a little bit more of care to look good. We need makeup to cover a male face. We need clothes that hides our male features. It's normal that we have to elaborate more in our dressing that GGs.

I will always admire GGs. A beautiful one looks great even wearing flip-flops. Their smell is unique.

Let's face it... We admire them for a reason. And the natural ones are the loveliest. And they need to keep their special attires for special moments. Otherwise, it would loose the magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_GG View Post
    It's true, between kids, shopping, cleaning, working and walking the dog we don't always have the time to 'dress to impress' but like to wear what's appropriate for the occasion. If that occasion is a night on the town, an important meeting, a meal out or an exciting social event then there's nothing nicer than getting dressed up. When was the last time you had an exciting night on the town?

You are exactly right.. a night on the town,a social event is completely different . I pobably live in one othe most exciting places around. When going dancing, or to see a show..something of that order I believe it is appropriate , and I do dress to the nines. However, if as I said I making a short trip to the mall,or market it doesn't make sense to take longer to dress than it's going to take to run the errand.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Susan 1974

Quote Originally Posted by susan1974 View Post
    Kelly, was that a typo, or were you really going to the mall to buy "somethong"? LOL

Either way love... whether to buy something or some thong... I don't always feel like dressing up. LOL (but the chances are...I am wearin that thong) LOL

Well... I feel that its nobody's business how one dresses but their own. Its up to each individual person how they want to look. That's what makes us unique. Who are we to judge anyone as to why they dress the way they do. There are many circumstances as to why they might dress that way. The few that come to mind is money, health, and geographical locations. It very unfair to pass judgement. I do not tell my SO what to wear, but if he askes my opinion I give it. Would I love to dress better...absolutely...but I have other obligations that come first. I would love to wear nice clothes, but I need to be realistic and know what I can afford so that my family has their needs met. If that means shopping at Wal - Mart so be it.
    [SIZE="3"]Do not wait; the time will never be ''just right.'' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.

It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.

They condemn what they do not understand.

[/SIZE]

Keli-h

Quote Originally Posted by Keli-H View Post
    I agree with the thought that women today dress for the activity but the problem I see each day at work(a university) is the dress is so relaxed they look as if they are going out to clean the barn or just out of bed. The latter is more prevelant as this may be the case. This is to bad as when they leave college and move out in the work force they will be dressing more for the corporate world.

Keli
    i am an accountant for a very large concern. I have to dress in a business manner on a daily basis. These college grads probably wouldn't last long in a corporate setting if not dressed appropriately...I am sure that that is pretty much a no brainer, but for school, or just knocking around why not be comfortable? What's the big deal about not getting "dolled up"? Apples to oranges.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 03-27-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Recently when talking to someone about finding my style I heard the phrase “it is not prom night every night” and this rang very true with me.
    As I get more and more comfortable with my femininity and work toward incorporating my fem way of dressing into my every day life I realized that it is not every day that I want to get all dolled up but I still want to look and feel fem.
    I started paying even more attention to the GG’s at work and generally everywhere I went and noticed that the styles are so varied it is amazing, from the corporate environment to the grocery store.
    Then I thought about my male side and how I dress then, although mostly a slob, jeans and t-shirt kind of guy, I dress comfortable and for the occasion and realized that this is one of those areas where my male and female side can merge to make me both cute and fem but also comfortable and in also being a bit more casual will allow me to blend in a bit more as I venture out.

I still love to get all dolled up in a sexy LBD or sexy, naughty and playful in schoolgirl fashion, but if I am just going to hang out I just want to be comfortable but still look pretty and that is what I have noticed from many GG’s from girls I’ve dated to my three sisters.

I just think it depends on the particular situation and day any individual is having.

The majority of women that I know, even the single ones, don't believe that they should have to make any effort to look good at all. It's all about the belief that looks shouldn't matter at all whether someone is attracted to you or not. They really believe that appearance shouldn't make any difference. And they wonder when no guy is interested in them. It's been taken to an extreme; it isn't even that none wear dresses or skirts anymore, they want to wear clothes that are loose, nothing even remotely 'form fitting', ever. It seems the only fashion designer out there is Omar the tentmaker. But I think it's more of an American phenomenon than anything else.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Perhaps when you quit critizising society, society will quit critizing you.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

You should know better than to post threads like this, they are NOT allowed. Thread done! Read the forum rules.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn