Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How hard is your line between Girl and Boy?

Question How hard is your line between Girl and Boy?

The other day I (Megan) was doing the laundry. I was sorting out the colors and going though pockets to make sure I wasn't gong to washing anything that didn't need to get wet. In the pocket of a pair of jeans I found a half eaten candy bar, receipts and four pockets of hot sauce. I though Eww, Boys are so nasty. Then it occurred to me that I had done that myself.

Another time I (Megan) was going out side to have a cig and my shoes were up stairs. Not wanting to go up to get them I put on Bob's shoes and i just got that grossed out feeling, that I was standing in something very dirty. These are the shoes I wear on a daily basis but to Megan they are icky.

I guess I make a rather hard distinction between the two worlds. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?
    Last edited by Megan_Okana; 03-26-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Posted before spell check

Mines all blurrie.. Half the time I look like a girl in a male suit or a guy in a dress.. Mix and match.. I wear guy things out enfemme and makeup in drab.. Makes life more interesting..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Who's Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Who's Bob?
    My Male mode

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Since I don't wear makeup or a wig, I guess I just blur things like Karren. I may be dressed totally enfemme, but put on guy shoes to get the mail! No biggie!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Who said I have a male side??? Lies, all lies.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    A hard distinction between the two worlds? .... err no, not for me. My world is always a feminine one, it just varies in it's intensity. I don't do "guy-guy" only "girly-guy" or "girly-girl". I try to feminize my boy self as much as I can get away with. Obviously I have to "boy-up" a little more for work but outside of work .....
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Read only
    The Orion Spiral of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Virgo Supercluster
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan_Okana View Post
    The other day I (Megan) was doing the laundry. I was sorting out the colors and going though pockets to make sure I wasn't gong to washing anything that didn't need to get wet. In the pocket of a pair of jeans I found a half eaten candy bar, receipts and four pockets of hot sauce. I though Eww, Boys are so nasty. Then it occurred to me that I had done that myself.

Another time I (Megan) was going out side to have a cig and my shoes were up stairs. Not wanting to go up to get them I put on Bob's shoes and i just got that grossed out feeling, that I was standing in something very dirty. These are the shoes I wear on a daily basis but to Megan they are icky.

I guess I make a rather hard distinction between the two worlds. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?
    I know EXACTLY what you mean, Megan. I have been repressed by my male side all of my life, but now regularly come out, most evenings, all night and before leaving for work - and all weekend day and night, of late.

I have kinda caused problems by unintentionally sneaking out in the daytime in front of others, by a brief girly gesture or a bit too high of a voice when surprised about something or trying to make a point. This could cause us problems and I don't want to blow it and get into a position where I am imprisoned again like forEVer so I really have to watch it. My guy side has been very generous though he now knows its a losing battle and he has all but conceded. He defers to me more and more, actually. Which is what kinda worries me. Its nice to be in control though - and when I have to stay in the background during the day, I notice he is not as uptight or stressed since pretty much relinquishing control to me. THAT is actually better for our health... to be calm and not so frenetically driven to "succeed" at all costs.

Oddly... women are so much more interested in him now that I have calmed him down and femmed him up a bit. Which is really amazing to him and very stimulating to me because I am a lesbian, actually.
    Last edited by Elise.Matei; 03-26-2009 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    A hard distinction between the two worlds? .... err no, not for me. My world is always a feminine one, it just varies in it's intensity. I don't do "guy-guy" only "girly-guy" or "girly-girl". I try to feminize my boy self as much as I can get away with. Obviously I have to "boy-up" a little more for work but outside of work .....
    Blurry line, although using a hard distinction seems to work for describing the differences. Some might say that explaining the two personnae's characteristics is stereotypical, but I know that most of the time I do feel different when "He" takes over.

Persephone is the real 24/7 tennant in this body, pretty much always regardless of what I'm wearing or doing. "He" breaks out on occassion and has some anti-feminine habits that I think "He" really exerts in an attempt to drive me into the background. For example, "He" will eat candy even when I'm trying hard not to.

No, it isn't really multiple personalities, but sometimes it almost feels that way.

Does that make any sense?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I am me, no matter how I am dressed.
    No difference.
    Androgynous in temprement.

Banned Read only
    In front of my mom , I never exhibited any girly signs even though she knows about me . We have a dont talk dont tell thing among us.

With my wife its a different story. I can act whatever I am without any fuss and there is no need for any made up act or supression.

Other than that in public my wife told me that I walked like a women and held my wrist in backward slanted way even when I am a guy. Since then I corrected this and now when I am a guy I am confident and when a girl sexy but only in front of her. I dont go outside as Tina.
    But yes sometimes we may not be too careful and give out signs.

My female and male sides are fairly separate. My mannerisms and even emotions differ depending on which mode I'm in. I think the mannerisms change is important - walking like a woman when I'm at the office in guy-mode would likely lead to a lot of trouble for me, if you know what I mean... not to mention I'd just feel really weird behaving like that because I look like a guy.

Much of my thought process is the same no matter how I am, even if the emotions differ. As Gabe, my emotions are on the shallow side, whereas Gabrielle has a tendency to be very emotional and sensitive. Actually, I believe myself to simply be a very emotional person, but in guy-mode, I've just learned how to shut down that part and/or ignore feelings like that. An emotional guy doesn't exactly fit and blend well in society and we all know how important it is to blend.

So aside from the differences in appearance, I'd say the line is pretty clear between male and female modes in my life.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Senban
    I don't have a male-mode and a female-mode. I just have a me-mode. I'm the same person whatever I'm wearing and wherever I am (80:20 female to male so I usually think of myself as a girl with tomboyish tendencies).

Me? I don't have a 'guy' mode or a 'femme' mode. I have a 'me' mode. I, like a lot of others here, are a mix of both worlds. It's what makes us who we are. What's a challenge is to allow yourself to show who we really are. Too often we are inhibited by what we think society expects of the gender we portray. Aughhh!

What I see as an opportunity for you, Megan, is to blend both of your modes. At least take the opportunity to soften up (and clean) those things about your 'guy' mode you found so disgusting.

Tina

Mine's well defined too...He (my guy mode) does the work and I enjoy being ME...

Yep, there is a point where I have to be totally dressed even if I just have to go out for a few minutes.

Keli

Its a little hard some time to remember witch side of the DMZ I'm on.LOL My wife has to remind me quite often.

My line seems to get more blurred by the day. Even when I'm in boy mode, my appearance seems to be skewing more girl.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

The only difference for myself is the choice of outfit.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    I don't have a very hard line between male and female mode. The way I walk and act is usually gender neutral so it's not that difficult to make the switch from male mode to femme mode. The way I dress isn't gender specific either.
    Last edited by Prissy Linda; 03-29-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    I am me, no matter how I am dressed.
    No difference.
    Androgynous in temprement.
    Same here. Though, I'm careful not to do anything overly feminine when in public, working in a field where many would presume I'm gay unless proven otherwise. Seeing as I'm no longer married, and have no kids, or any girlfriend since my divorce, I try to be very, very careful.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    All this brings me to a question.

Are that many of you really delusional and schizophrenic?

Or are you just pretending to be, because it's how you needlessly justify what you do?

Let's see now... people will think I'm strange if I'm a guy wearing women's clothes... I know! I'll split myself in half, and refer to both halves in the third person! Yeah! Then no one will think I'm a freak! That's normal!

Is that the thought process?

I live in a little blink and you miss it town of Mesa. In the wonderfull state of Washington

There is no line.

I have no line. I am a human being. And Every human being be you a genetic guy, or girl. You will have differing levels of yin/yang within your being. Like I love to say. I am who I am. The way I am, and as I am. (Subject to change without notice)

Without the female part of my being. I am not a whole being. I have accepted it, and actually enjoy submerging myself in my feminen side for what time I am allowed to, and every time I can. I feel more.... Centered...Better able to handle anything that life chooses to throw at me.

Line? What line? There HAS to be a LINE?
    I am Who I am. The way I am. As I am.
    (subject to change without notice)

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Let's see now... people will think I'm strange if I'm a guy wearing women's clothes... I know! I'll split myself in half, and refer to both halves in the third person! Yeah! Then no one will think I'm a freak! That's normal!

Good observation ! I belong to a Tri-Ess group and I have noticed that a lot of the ladies refer to themselves in the third person ... which can get a little strange !! I can't say I understand it.

To answer the question of the thread, I do have a "line" and when in drab I do tend to be a lot more "male" and visa versa for "enfemme". There are aspects of my more feminine side that are leaking over into the male mode though. Over time, my guess is that they will merge a lot.

All this brings me to a question. Are that many of you really delusional and schizophrenic? Or are you just pretending to be, because it's how you needlessly justify what you do? Let's see now... people will think I'm strange if I'm a guy wearing women's clothes... I know! I'll split myself in half, and refer to both halves in the third person! Yeah! Then no one will think I'm a freak! That's normal!
    I suspect that we grope with it because most languages, including English, really don't seem have a handy vocabulary set for our particular gender configuration.

Perhaps we need to create our own words to describe how we feel as, to the best of my knowledge, appropriate terminology seems in short supply.

I like Jackieo's DMZ concept and suggest that we somehow include it in our evolving paradigm.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).