Thread: Do you think you could?

Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Do you think you could?

I've been wondering since my parents High School Reunion of 20 years is this year (Yes they were very young when I came to be )

Would any of you be willing or already gone to your Reunions full dressed and seeing old friend? I'd be curious on reactions of my friends.

This might become an interesting thread ....

*Hugs*Kisses*
    [SIZE="3"]<3 One Soul on Earth, Two Spirits in One Body <3
    [/SIZE]
    PSN: Col_Scott
    Gamertag: Speederz

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have thought about it alot, since my 40th reunion is coming up in 2012. It will just depend on my situation at the time. I did shock eveyone on my 20th reunion when I showed up with my hair almost to my waist, (I was a class nerd with short hair and black rimed glasses)But every one was cool after that initial shock. I would love to do it on my next reunion thou.
    Striving for acceptance.

I would love to do it. I've thought about it a great deal. I probably would have done it at my previous reunion, but my in-laws have moved back to my old area. We'll see when the next one comes around.

Meanwhile, there is a great Robert Altman film you need to see -- Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean was made in 1982 and is based on an original Broadway play that starred the same cast:

Mona, (Sandy Dennis) a disturbed woman who, in the '50s, got a job as an extra on the Giant shoot and nine months later gave birth to a son, who she claims is James Dean's child. There is Sissy (Cher), a wisecracking waitress, and also Joanne (Karen Black), who holds a shocking secret that is revealed at the reunion. Besides the three main players, a collection of supporting characters maneuver around the periphery. They are Stella Mae (Kathy Bates), the wife of a rich petroleum executive; Edna Louise (Marta Heflin), a shy, withdrawn woman with numerous children; Juanita (Sudie Bond), the manager of the five-and-dime store; and Joe Qualley (Mark Patton), a young man who likes to dress up in women's clothing. (from the International Movie Database, IMDB)

Very hard to find but well worth looking for, it is an extremely powerful and very well made film about a reunion in a small Texas town.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Reunion

I been thinking about that as well. My reunion is next year but i haven't decided if i will go dressed are not. I was going to ask everybody here if it was a good idea. What would they think damn that would be funny.
    I sure i could do it but would I is the question.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Chewies sister-moulted!
    No . I had friends at school who were dear to me , but there were also some right horrible folk there too . I think that at the time my ability ( and hieght - was a little taller than most ) on the rugby field saved me a few times from instances of bullying . Other than that , I would'nt return as I simply hated school .
    Bad attitude , but its true ............

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar

School re-unions?

I hated school. I was always picked on for being a "sissy". My name was changed to several of the female derivatives. When the teachers called me by my boy name, I would almost have to think abut who they were talking to. And on top of that, I was having my own doubts about my sexuality, but, being completely innocent, didn't know what to do about them. Even my so called friends would pick on me.

If I was to go to a school re-union dressed it would just be confirmation to them of what they always thought - and I wouldn't like to give them that satisfaction....... even though I love the thought of going to functions dressed.

And, NO, Portia is not one of the names they called me which is why I chose it and love it.

My 2c.
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Banned Read only
    It's almost become a cliche in tv sit-coms, that some guy comes back to a high school reunion as a woman and embarrasses the one who used to pick on them, hasn't it?

I hated high school, too, even though I did well there. It's to my great satisfacton that two years after I graduated, it was torn down to become a parking lot!. So much for the "alma mater", the sweet cradle of educationand enlightenment! Feh!

Would probably be a waste of time. I doubt very many of them would "get it" anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Since I went to an all boys school, I would def be in the minority.
    On the other hand if there was a prank or trick played, I was either a ring leader or aware of it or somehow blamed. My 40th is in 2012 maybe I will.

I have a few years before my 40th in 2015 but I'm seriously considering it. I know I'll be noticed since I graduated from a parochial school (Baptist) with a class of 28; half of us had been together since 6th or 7th grade. A lot of it depends on where in my life I am at the time.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

I still have few years before mine comes around, I could but I think I would rather see and visit with the people I've lost touch with instead of reintroducing myself to all of them. This is a specail thing to me and I hope one day I don't have to hide it but at the same time I only like to share it with people that are really special to me and that is not everyone at my old highschool.

I was asked by a classmate once why I did not attend any of the class reunions. I simply told him that I did not feel as though I got along with you son of a bi$@&es then, why would I now. worst part is, it's true.....How ever, at the twenty year reunion, one of my class mates did show up dressed. I wasn't there but the same classmate that asked why I don't go told me that Terry showed up dressed (very well) and told everyone he was a crossdresser and gay, introduced his mate and had a very good time, so the story goes.. only time I wished I had gone........ Terry and I were pretty close in school and she (NOW) is one of two classmates that I would like to see again... and not because of the crossdressing or the transition, we were friends.
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

The last one I went to was so. lame I don't think I'd ever go back to another one... No mater how I was dressed!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Let's see, at my last reunion we found out that we had a gay priest (celibate but out) and a high end hooker, you think I would make a ripple on that lake?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

The first reunion I went to was the five year. The same bull**** that happened in high school was still happening. Yawn. The last reunion I went to was the 10 year. I was there all of 15 minutes, and decided to spend my time more wisely. I did not go to either of them dressed en femme.

However, if I were to go to another reunion (I won't, but for the story...) I would not be afraid to do so in the sense of a faux pas or something. None of those people could possibly have an effect on my life now. The only remaining friends I have from my graduating class would never do anything, and the rest of them haven't any way of affecting me. So, why not?

Which begs the question...Why yes?

*shrug* I'm not going anyway, so it's a moot point.

I doubt it, but I have thought about it. First, I've got to come out to my family and friends; then I can think about my high school reunion.
    warmly, Linnea

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I don't think I'd bother going to be honest.

Interestingly, my school e-mailed me just last week and reminded me that their motto is "Be all you can be". They asked me if I would be prepared to go into the school every so often and act as a sort of mentor for pupils and help them see what the motto has meant for me and could mean to them.

Well!

I tell you, my mind did start to daydream about how I would tell all these pupils that I had changed my career several times, to be all I could be. And then I thought about how I'd go on to tell them that in order to be completely all I could be I was making one further change...

Then I thought the school mightn't be quite so keen on my input. So I declined their request.

Sarah...

Silver Member
    I graduated from high school 43 years ago and have never attended a reunion. I hated high school! I had only a couple of friends and was picked on and bullied and treated cruely for being a "sissy". I never once had a date or went to any school functions that I was not required to attend. I do not miss any of my classmates and quite frankly hope I never see any of them again. For me high school was an experience that I do not care to think about.

Well, I wish all of your HS years were more enjoyable. I have been to every one of my reunions and its true that the 5 and 10 can be A repeat of HS. But my 15, 20, 25 and 30 were real fun. Reunions are the only gathering were you can sit at any table and you will know someone. It is somehow cathartic to see guys that you had "issues with" Fat and Bald and I must say that the women seem to get nicer looking every time. It helps ,if you can arrange it, to be on the organizing committee. You will have fun planning it and you can plan it so its fun. Now back to the thread. I would not go dressed. It would be to hard getting my closet there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Yup, but I'm not an American so we don't do these things. Sad really.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Anyone remember that Holiday Inn commercial one Super Bowl? The knock down dead gorgeous blonde struts in and confronts a former classmate. Now if I could go like that, I'd be there in a minute.

I just rec'd an invite to a multi-year reunion-type thing in my area, apparently there wasn't enough interest from any one particular year to entice separate gatherings... (if that's not a sign then I don't know what else would be).

Personally I'm not interested in going. This would be, roughly my 10+yr reunion, but I'd have to say that I had about 5 good friends through that school, a few of which were the instructors. The rest of the b@$tard rednecks can go and stuff it, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of trying to chop me down again whether I was dressed or not. I would not likely go dressed at this time anyway because I'm not 'out' enough to be able to handle that comfortably. There are a lot of 'But, Perhaps..' thoughts, mostly if I were farther through transition, etc., though only if I continued to be successful. It just seems like you're just asking for people to give you s#!t IMHO if you go to those things and are not on the up-and-up track or just REALLY want the attention. Noooo thanks.

I probably would not want to because of the BIBLE BELT/CONSERVATIVE

area that I come from - they would not be accepting at all

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

I went to my first (and so far only) school reunion back in 2000; it was my 10 year one. While I didn't go dressed (I went naked! No, you know what I mean! ), I did go in a pimpin', rather androgynous outfit that consisted of women's fake leather pants, a light purple satin shirt, and a long silver coat. It went down quite well, with some people saying I looked like a rock star, and others saying I put them in mind of the title characters from the movie 'Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion'. If a 20th anniversary reunion for my year takes place next year (geez, it's scary to think that I've been out of school for nearly that long!), I'd definitely go, and this time might do so fully dressed - I bought a beautiful silver formal dress towards the end of last year that'd be perfect for the occasion! In any case, whatever I wore would be intended to send out the same message that my last outfit did: that even after all these years, I'm still just as mad as everyone remembers me from school; indeed, if anything, I've gotten even worse!

There are maybe three people from High School that I want to see again, and I already keep in touch with them as it is. As for the rest, I hope they have grown up, but it's not worth the risk of going to find out.

Besides, if I went en femme, I would be put to shame by the real TSs who attend. Why should I steal their thunder?

And they tell me that the jerks are still jerks, but now instead of picking on them, they try to hit on them to add another notch to their bedpost, (so they could have two, I presume.) After an entire evening of "Why go through all that if you don't like men?" they swore to never to back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.