Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your male name

I think a middle name's a great way to preserve a grandparent. That's how I think it works with most kids when they're being named; my female middle name is my grandmother's, but thankfully it's versatile (Frances).

I'm in PA myself, by the way. Have you been in Philly your whole life? (We can switch to PM, if you want. :P)

I agree with Ze that preserving a grandparent's name is a good thing if you can do it and you were close to them....My best advice on the name thing is to try a name on for a while, because then you will know before you legally change it that it will fit....I still love Mine and will legally have it for two years in November....When you find the right one, you will know it.
    Ever The Opportunist

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
    I'm another Adrian

I just liked it... it was the first, and my favourite, on a short list of names I had when I called my mom to tell her I was choosing a male name... I was calling her to ask for her opinion, but before I had even told her that, or what the names on my list were, she said "I think you're an Adrian"
    Adrian is the best name ever lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    I think a middle name's a great way to preserve a grandparent. That's how I think it works with most kids when they're being named; my female middle name is my grandmother's, but thankfully it's versatile (Frances).
    My middle name is my grandmother’s too, but it’s so feminine I cannot possible masculinise it. My [birth] first name could have quite easily been masculinised to Sean [my granddad used to say my name really fast and it sounded like Sean lol, I think he knew there was ‘something up with me’ cause he NEVER had me doing female stuff, yet he would never let my sisters do man stuff- and also, he deliberately gave me a unisex nickname also, which stuck until about last year lol] and I would have named myself Sean [as it’s catholic also] but I liked the name Adrian.

My middle name is Nicholas and my surname is a genuine Scottish surname but I decided to use it because it sounds like my very first male name that I chose [which was the Welsh name Kynon]

[SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

Thanks for your input guys. I'm starting to like keeping Loren as my middle name more and more. :-)

I'm in PA myself, by the way. Have you been in Philly your whole life? (We can switch to PM, if you want. :P)
    Nah I went to school there. I'm actually in NJ now (FINALLY graduated in May after 6 years at Temple U!). I loved philly tho and i already miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by ftm22 View Post
    (FINALLY graduated in May after 6 years at Temple U!).
    I know a few people that recently graduated from Temple. Spooky...

I know a few people that recently graduated from Temple. Spooky...
    lol seriously!

OMFG Loren is an awesome name !

I wanted to have it as my surname...

KEEP IT! Or i'll be very angry with you! Lol.

[SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

Black Starchild
    First off: James has been my nickname since forever because of an unnatural obsession with John Travolta's role as James Ubriacco in "Look Who's Talking", my favourite movie as a child (and the first time I thought "I wanna be like HIM when I grow up").

However, in Denmark (where I live), James is a very uncommon name, so much that it "has" to be a nickname, thus causing people to ask what my real name was. (Besides, it's unisex, and I wanted my male name to be really male).

Michael would be my first choice, as it's the name my mum wanted me to have if I'd been born a boy. But my best friend's name was Michael, so... no.

Then it hit me: Martin. It's a common name in Denmark, it makes my initials the same as before, it derives from the Roman god of war, Mars, as well as the planet Mars which is connected to my zodiac sign. Besides, it means 'warrior'.

Martin it is.

Wow, this thread is old, lol

Well, anyway, the first name I had was Hiro, or rather, Hiroki. When I was 18, I wanted to see if I could trick a community of people into thinking I was a Japanese guy who lived in Kyoto. And it worked. And then, I started getting creepy people messaging me, and it kinda lost its novelty, so I quit.

A year or two later, I had this weird gender identity issue going on, which later, basically resolved itself. But anyway, I was thinking of names for myself, and I'd always liked the name Spencer (cuz it's unique, but not so unique as to raise flags), but no real decisions were made. About a year after this issue went away, and I felt comfortable with myself, again, I felt comfortable with crossdressing again. That's more when I "officially" decided on Spencer.
    I told you never to interrupt me while I'm rich!

Quote Originally Posted by NiCo View Post
    OMFG Loren is an awesome name !

I wanted to have it as my surname...

KEEP IT! Or i'll be very angry with you! Lol.

lol I'm pretty sure i'm going to keep it. :-D aside from it being my grandfather's name, i think its actually a pretty cool name lol

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    A year or two later, I had this weird gender identity issue going on, which later, basically resolved itself. But anyway, I was thinking of names for myself, and I'd always liked the name Spencer (cuz it's unique, but not so unique as to raise flags), but no real decisions were made. About a year after this issue went away, and I felt comfortable with myself, again, I felt comfortable with crossdressing again. That's more when I "officially" decided on Spencer.

You took my name
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    You took my name
    Even when I read hiro's post, I was thinking "Uh oh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    You took my name
    Um, sorry... Guess I'm going by Hiro, then. lol Everybody wins.
    I told you never to interrupt me while I'm rich!

Hmm... because my favorite name is Oliver.
    I've always liked older names, like Vincent and Walter. Those were the other two I had been seriously considering for a while but figured Walter was a bit *too* old and Vincent would get me a nick name like "Vinny"... which I didn't like as much. :P

Sometimes I regret picking the name Oliver, because then everyone references Oliver and company or go "Please sir, can I have s'more?" when I tell them my name. :I

But besides the painful pop culture references, I really like it.