Thread: Another milepost

Another milepost

I was all dressed again this afternoon and the doorbell rang. I hesitated out of long habit, then peaked out the door window, which is high relative to the front porch. I saw one of my neighbors, an older widow lady that is a good friend. So I took a breath and opened the door. She said, "Oh, a crossdresser?" I said, "yep, come on in." It was great. She wanted to see how I was doing from my operation and we had a really nice visit. She complimented me on how pretty I looked!!! She was perfectly fine with it and said I should do what pleases me and not worry about others. Wow. She said she has not worn a skirt (I was wearing one) in years, but seeing how nice I looked, she thought she should. Anyway, another mental barrier is down. But there are still some folks I might rather not show myself to. We'll see. Whew, this is quite an adventure.

Aspiring Member
    Nice story, thanks for the post.

isnt it great to have some ole nice neighbors that really care for you

Thats great. Notice that there comes a time in every person's life where some things just don't matter any more. NOw you have a friend (well she was a friend before who really cared since she came to see how you were doing) with whom you can talk and have a bit of tea (or harder ) when the rest of the world is just too darn busy.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

How lovely! =)

What a heart warming story - sometimes our worst fear is ourselves - now

you have someone to talk and share with

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Marie View Post
    She wanted to see how I was doing from my operation
    Hope you're ok!

Silver Member
    What a nice story Donna! It sounds like you truley have a great neighbor and friend. I hope you are recovering from your surgery.

Aspiring Member
    you are lucky, you now have a new friend.

Very nice Donna, you never know how much influence one has on those who know you dress. Since I came out to my sisters-in-law they have started taking more care in their appearences, makeup, hair styles, etc. I have not said anything to them but just take in the changes and smile.

You have a friend that you can share with and that is wonderful. Huggs Keli

Thank you all! As for my surgery, I am slowly, slowly coming along and regaining strength. The prostatectomy left me with leaky plumbing, though, and that sucks. It is getting a bit better 25 days after the operation.

I Love A Starry Night!
    That is a great story Donna what a good understanding neighbor not many are like her. I hope your health gets better soon.

Good for you Donna now you have a acceping friend. That's great.
    Angie

Hey ... thanks for sharing something really positive. Kudo's to you for taking the step forward.

Very Cute

Thanks for the little moment. It made me smile.

But I'm curious about something. Did she really use the words, "Oh, a crossdresser?" I'm surprised because I didn't think that terminology was common, especially by an older person. Hopefully, it's more accepted and before long we'll be "normal"!!!! (Please note the sarcasm...)

Kathleen

Hi Donna,

That was a beautiful experience. I wonder what would be the reaction if more of us came out to people we know and respect in the way that you have done. I suspect happiness may be a great healer and if this incident leaves you feeling as happy as it has made many of us from just reading abou it then hopefully you will make a full and fast recovery. You have in my estimation honoured yourself and the transgendered community. Well done.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

Glad you took the chance! You made a better frien, not justa neighbor.

Very nice story!! It's great to have someone react so positively, maybe they just appreciate the honesty, and don't really care about the dressing up.

On your surgery, I have a bit of a funny story. Guy I work with had a same-day in and out vasectomy several years ago. He was our finance guy, and HAD to come to work after the procedure to deal with some money issues. Seems, at some point, he pulled or tore his stiches a bit, and was bleeding pretty well down there. His solution? He went to the bosses secretary and "borrowed" a maxi pad. A bit embarassing, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right!

If you're "leaky" down there maybe the maxi pad solution would work for you, after all that's *generally* what theyr'e designed for! A nice pair of snug panties and a pad (if you're tucked) - no more problem

Crysten