Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we need to be forgiven?

Do we need to be forgiven?

My wife mentioned that she was going to an afternoon seminar today on 'Forgiveness'. I will learn more about it later. I am sure all of us could in a sense benefit from anything on this topic, but I sense part of her interest is her ongoing quest in dealing with her transgendered husband!
    this lead me to reflect, do we require forgiveness? Are we out of line or errant such that we need to be forgiven--like someone who has committed a crime? I sort of react like this is an insult-I don't think private thinking or behavior that isn't meant to hurt another should be an offense.Naturally, being transgendered to any extent imposes pressure on wives , but it wasn't done 'intentionally' to hurt. how do you friends interpret this topic?

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Your thoughts may be accurate...yet perhaps your wife is looking to learn to forgive herself as well for any negativity she may feel towards the dressing? Another way for her to cope with something she may not have ever expected.

Just a thought...

We can't be forgiven for something that is born inside us!

We were born this way, how can it be wrong?

Only society decided that what we are is wrong, we had no choice about it, we were born as we are!!

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Would you feel the need to forgive your wife for being female? Or your father for being male?

I wouldn't have thought so.

So there is no forgiveness needed for you being you.

Sarah...

I don't think we need forgiveness I think it's more a need of understanding.
    Angie

I'm pretty sure that WE are the ones who need to forgive those who have made our lives difficult simply for being who we are.

In saying that, I have a long, long way to go before I can forgive the world for the crap put into my head - how I was taught over and over how wrong it is to be me (a cd).

But forgive me? What exactly do I need forgiveness for? Aside from the things we all do wrong in life, which have nothing to do with cding. I do not require forgiveness for being who I am though. I'm not a bad person. I cause harm to no one. I just want to be allowed to be me. One does not require forgiveness for that.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Fortunately, I'm not Catholic, therefore, nope, I don't need to be forgiven

Crysten

Forgiving is for the Forgiver...

In other words, if I'm driving down the highway, and someone cuts me off, I can curse him/her or I can forgive them. Since they can't hear me curse them, it has no affect on them, but it sure would raise my blood pressure!

If I forgive them, because I have no idea what caused them to cut me off, I am less likely to get all worked up about it, and adjust my own feelings. I can't change their behavior, but if I forgive them, I can surely adjust mine!

This may be a good thing for her and I would not take it personally. Again, it is for her.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Forgiven? By who? For what?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Forgiveness for being transgendered, no, absolutely not.

Entering into a marriage and withholding the fact you are a CD, finally telling your SO weeks, months even years later, then yes, you would need to be forgiven. Not for being a CD, but for the lies by omission in not telling your SO. Telling her before marriage would have given her the option to marry or not.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    Definition: Forgive #3 - to grant pardon to (a person)

Which can simply means they are apologizing for not being accepting which in essence, others can forgive us for being mean and not being accepting and in the same spectrum WE don't have to forgive for being our self but others can learn to forgive for not understanding.

Might be to wordy but the basic idea is there

*Hugs*Kisses*
    [SIZE="3"]<3 One Soul on Earth, Two Spirits in One Body <3
    [/SIZE]
    PSN: Col_Scott
    Gamertag: Speederz

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Y View Post

Entering into a marriage and withholding the fact you are a CD, finally telling your SO weeks, months even years later, then yes, you would need to be forgiven. Not for being a CD, but for the lies by omission in not telling your SO. Telling her before marriage would have given her the option to marry or not.
    said better than I could Jenni thankyou
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Jenny Y was absolutely correct, crossdressing in itself is not wrong and there is no need to ask for forgiveness for the simple act of crossdressing. Stealing and lying however, are wrong and we may ask to be forgiven for these offenses.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Y View Post

Yeah, that would be a heavy weight to carry I guess...

To be foregiven there has to be guilt... Guilt comes in many forms... we bring it on ourselves, we are given it by those whom we have injured, and then there is everyone else... their opinions, judgements, and their willingness to blame without understanding...

I am often foregiven by those I have injured...

I find it hard to live with what I bring on myself... my wife thinks I am too hard on myself...

Others... now there is a thing... this is what really stops me coming out and being myself... the unforgiving nature of others... who do not know me or who I am...

Kaz xx

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    My wife mentioned that she was going to an afternoon seminar today on 'Forgiveness'. I will learn more about it later. I am sure all of us could in a sense benefit from anything on this topic, but I sense part of her interest is her ongoing quest in dealing with her transgendered husband!
    this lead me to reflect, do we require forgiveness? Are we out of line or errant such that we need to be forgiven--like someone who has committed a crime? I sort of react like this is an insult-I don't think private thinking or behavior that isn't meant to hurt another should be an offense.Naturally, being transgendered to any extent imposes pressure on wives , but it wasn't done 'intentionally' to hurt. how do you friends interpret this topic?
    My first question would be, are you truly transgendered? Or do you, like myself, just like to wear women's clothing? If you do want to change your life to that of a woman, without surgery, then you transgendered. If you just like to wear women's clothes you are a CD. Being a CD is NOT being transgendered! If it was, most women would be considered transgendered because of their "manly" clothing.

Now as to "forgiveness." Someone can only forgive you if you have done something to hurt that person in some way. If you have hurt your wife by crossdressing and not being her Man, then maybe she feels you do need forgivness.

I am a practicing Catholic, and have been told by an Archbishop that Crossdressing is not a sin in the eyes of the Catholic Church. And please don't anybody bring up the Bible reference that is frequently used. That is in the Old Testament and is not relevant today. The idea then was that men used womens clothing to get out of military service or to get into the womens section of the Temple. Changing your sex is a sin because you are defiling the body that God gave you.

Helen, if you really love your wife, let her know in no uncertain terms that you are her man first and formost! No matter what you are wearing. I did that with my late wife before we were married and we enjoyed 49+ years together. She was totally supportive!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

We need to be forgiven for our transgressions, not for who God made us to be.

I didn't do anything wrong so wy do I need to be forgiven???
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I am not a religious person, that said. I agree with most above.

If there is a god then he wanted me to be this way. So why should I be ashamed, embarrassed or asking for forgiveness.

I love being Christine and want no part in someone shaming me.

It would be their problem not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    That is in the Old Testament and is not relevant today.
    While it may not be relevant to you, Stephanie, a considerable number of people on this planet still hold to the "Old" Testament.

Nonetheless, that particular line in the Bible, Deuteronomy 22:5, may not apply to crossdressers.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Everyone who has wandered into my life has had it made clear who and what I am... I didn't apologize then... Just opened their eyes to the ride ahead... Have I any reason to apologize if they wander off... no.

And I'm happy to defile my body in the eyes of the Church... It's always been a abomination to my eye.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Forgiveness helps the person doing the forgiving more than the forgiven. It is a way for someone to come to terms with whatever happened that caused them unhappiness, stress, or harm certainly if it was intended, but also if it was not. Also, the hardest thing to do sometimes is to forgive oneself for past harm caused to others.

Forgiveness for me leads to acceptance. It involves taking a deep breath, putting things in their proper perspective, and letting go of my expectation that the outcome should have been different. It is a good thing.

Please don't be so hard on yourself or her.
    Reine

You what? I'm just being me!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Hmmm...WWJD?

I think the "forgiveness" that we may seek is actually that of acceptance. I myself am a devout Catholic and at times feel conflicted by my urges to CD and feel guilty after the fact. Cross dressing per se is not, from what I know, a real "sin". The passage that some people cite in the book of Deuteronomy regarding CD whic goes like "a woman shall not wear a man's clothing. a man shall not wear woman's clothing. Both are abominable". But then again this and other rigid laws were given to the Israelites by God because that time the people of God were easily swayed by their own desires. Fast forward centuries later God sent His Son to be the savior of man kind...Most of Jesus' teachings were considered heretical by the scribes because unlike them who are rigid and interpret The Law as is, Jesus gave emphasis to the Spirit of the law...

Some passages worth considering:
    "He who is without sin cast the first stone."
    "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven"

So I think that if indeed that your CDing might seem as an offensive act specially for your SO, then by all means ask for forgiveness. And if others are hostile towards you just say a little prayer in your heart and say "I forgive you".

Only the parts they want to

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    While it may not be relevant to you, Stephanie, a considerable number of people on this planet still hold to the "Old" Testament.

Nonetheless, that particular line in the Bible, Deuteronomy 22:5, may not apply to crossdressers.
    Persephone, Those who still hold on to the Old testament usually only hold on to very selective parts. Devout Jews may be the exception but the old testament specifically forbids touching and eating pork, and eating shrimp and shellfish. I grew up in a very religious community and they completely ignored these restrictions.

Old testament also gives permission for things like taking slaves, selling your own daughter into slavery, and stoning your neighbors for breaking a few of the old testament rules. Most Christians seem to have conveniently forgotten about these things too.

I agree with Debra Jane that we should not have to be forgiven for something

that we were born with - I feel so strongly that we are BORN this way - it

would be wonderful being this way IF we did not have to deal with all the hurt

and baggage that comes along with it - I think we are the ones who need to

try to forgive those who hurt us, those who mock us, those who harrass us,

those who harrass us, those who are ignorant about us, those who are

intolerant of us, those who are judgmental about us, those who refuse to

even try to accept us. We are the ones who have been abused. If there

is forgiveness to be given, then it should be by us.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"