Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost outed

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Almost outed

Had a TG support group meeting Sat so I got dressed up early to do some enfemme shopping.Went to Gabriel Bros to look at clothes and shoes.
    Well I go down the shoe aisle and see my youngest daughter browsing and about SH*$ she is looking right at me.
    Too late now to turn around so I walk right past her hoping she didn't recognize me I turn the coner and there is my son-in -law walking towards me so I stop,turn and act like I spotted the cutest shoes and pick them up and walk over to the chair to try them on.DANG that was a close one.
    As I was trying the shoes on they walk right by me again luckily my hair is hanging down covering my face and off they go.
    I was a nervous wreck by this time.I don't think they knew it was me talk about passing at the right time!!!!WHEW!!
    Heres what I had on, kind of a young causal look so unlike her 56 year old Dad.
    [/IMG]

You look passable to me. And remember, they weren't looking for anybody, they were wrapped up in their own lives. Unless you did something noticeable, you probably were OK.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Definatly passable. Infact i'm impressed. You look at least 10 years younger than your actual age. I wouldn't worry about being read by your family tough it must have been a tense moment. Use this to give yourself more confidence in your passabilty. Its quite an achiement to be able to walk past your own flesh and blood dressed and not get recognised.

Wow! What are the chances?!?!?

I have two big fears... That someone will recognize me as my male self and being laughed at by kids. Last week during my outing with Erika we stopped at one of several convience stores for drinks. At one, I wouldn't get out of the car simply because as we pulled up, two 10 or 11 year old girls went into the store. I didn't want to be stared or laughed at.

I'm happy you got through that and yes, you look passable, girl.

Aspiring Member
    That is one of my biggest fears being seen by somebody I know.
    Even though I live about 100 miles from my family and still have some friends here that would have a hard time seeing me out as a woman.

Once again proves my theory, we don't see what we are not looking for or expect. Saw my cousin in a restaurant & even smiled at her. Guess what I never SAW her. She told me later she saw me but I did not SEE her. I felt so bad, but we see what we expect so feel safe. Also walked right by my next door neighbor at X-mas & they never knew it was me. Again we see what we expect!!! Hugs Teresa
    ]Teresa M.

Tracii, I think you look very passable. It wouldn't have even crossed my mind " CD or not CD " if I was the one to have seen you. Lovely casual look in your pic.

Tracii,
    Really like your outfit and am so impressed with your panic control.I think I would just have gone to pieces.
    Love from Penny

Platinum Member

Eyes

In this buisness you've got to have EYES in the back of your head.
    One time I was in K MART looking at bras as I looked up I seen my
    sister inlaw coming around the corner I droped everything and sliped around to the next isle and made my way to the door and didn't look back
    close call for sure.
    Lesson learned don't shop too close to home!!!!!!

Well you look 100% girl I think your OK hun.
    Angie

Hi Tracii,
    You look every bit a Lady, no one would reconize you. The kids weren't looking for you and therefore didn't see you. Go girl, that's outstanding.

Hugs,
    Alice

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    There are two ways to avoid this happening:
    1. Come out of the closet.
    2. Always wear a bag on your head when out dressed.
    Government health warning: wearing a bag on your head may cause suffocation.
    Katie
    when wearing the bag is it proper to wear the makeup on the inside or the outside? Paper or plastic? Is it ok to wear the bag in the closet or is this a huge no no? LOL

Love the outfit and you look great

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    There are two ways to avoid this happening:
    1. Come out of the closet.
    2. Always wear a bag on your head when out dressed.
    Government health warning: wearing a bag on your head may cause suffocation.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckiB View Post
    Katie
    when wearing the bag is it proper to wear the makeup on the inside or the outside? Paper or plastic? Is it ok to wear the bag in the closet or is this a huge no no? LOL
    and for the blonds make sure you make holes so you can breath ..

Tracii G - To my eyes, you certainly looked like you were passable - you look

like a real woman to me - have you seen your daughter and son-in-law since

Saturday night ? I would not bring this up with them unless you WANT

them to know - if they say that they saw someone who looks like you, you

can always pass it off by saying that everyone is supposed to have someone

that they look like or have a double out there - somewhere - then just let it

go.

Your Kentucky Sister,

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar

fellow Pilot

Several 20 years ago, I was at a Tri Ess meeting and in walks a Fellow Aircraft Pilot ( in drab) I quite often fly with as co captians. After about 30 min of sitting around in a circle talking, I introduced (outed) my self to him.
    His comment was WOW! you make a better looking Women than a Man
    JoanAz

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Haven't talked to her since then but she is the type to say something if she did notice.I would admit it was me if she does.
    Then I'd really be "out" all the way.LOL.
    Thanks all for saying I was passable some days are better than others when it comes to make up.

Hay Hun I would say you look fine BUT I think that they might have SEEN you. And if she have not said anything it might be because they already know. I looked at your other pic LOOKING hard to see the father in you. I can see him is some of your pics and not in others. The ones where your not smiling are the ones Don't see Tracii fully. I don't pass as a women But I also don't have to hide from anyone save from my MOM and to a lesser extent my DAD he does not want to see Christina but would if I told him I need him to , but mom never wants to. YOU may have OUTTED yourself like you said , But I think they already know and won't say anything cuz they are waiting for you to tell them. Just my But I think if you lead with that story of your close call and then tell them they might just be ok with it. Then you all could talk about how to tell your wife. Well just like I said It's just my . I will say again you do look find just not (like me) not 100% passable. I know we all want to hear that we are passable but some of us girls just are not , again like me. But I look at it this way I go out dressed for me not anyone else, plus If they see me as a man in drag or a man in a dress then I have helped them see that even in there small world and in the mall ( or where ever I am) there are Crossdressers every where. So maybe I can educate some people and the ones that want to know more I talk to them and explain to them further educating them. Plz don't stop going out cuz of what I said or cuz they almost saw you just go out and have fun and be yourself. HUGGS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I would never have guessed you were 56, let alone that you weren't a gg.
    Don't wouldn't sweat it, if they did know it was you, they must respect you or else all hell would have come out. It'd be obvious if they cared about it.

Wow. Can't imagine that senario! (I've not had that happen since I was about 7yrs. old) Your heart must have been pounding like mad!! In hind sight, those are great feelings though aren't they? When ever, do you feel more alive?!!

I'm going to vote - your family didn't realize it was you.

If you are going to shop so close to home, get some glasses on, that would make all the differance I'm sure.

Heart Pounding EXCITEMENT!

That is what life is ALL ABOUT!

Sounds like you had fun! I told my children last month and dress at home now too a few times a week as well as go to meetings. I am transgendered. My 2 boys are ok with it. My older 18 yr old, whom I thought would not be, is fully accepting. younger one still trying.

Tara

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

Almost outed!!!

Wow you handled that really well. You look great for your age and you can easily pass as others have stated. Your daughter was not looking so you were hiding in plain sight.

There may never ever be a better example of what so many or us say, than you have just given ......... if your own daughter and son-in-law were that close and didn't see you, it should give great heart to those a touch afraid to go out .................. everyone out there is too busy going about their own business too notice others in general ..... I bet both would have "SEEN" you in DAD mode
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Aspiring Member
    you look passable to me. i'm not sure that someone close to you couldn't recognize you, but then again, as is said many times, we only see what we're looking for.

I had a similar occurrence a few weeks back. I was out playing around one day when i stopped by the local Walgreens. I can't even remember what I was looking at, but I know it was a feminine type product when one of my co-workers (uber-macho) and his girlfriend walk right past me. I didn't see them coming until it was way too late. I froze like a deer-in-headlights and just intently stared at the box I was holding in my hands (the one I have no memory of now). I walked around the far side of the store waiting for them to leave. No one has said a thing, so I'm quite confident that he didn't clock me. But, at the time, I was FREAKING out!
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd