Thread: My decision to transition is made.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile My decision to transition is made.

Since my HR manager asking me if I am transitioning back in January, I have been thinking and have decided that I am definitely transsexual. I have also decided to start transitioning by starting Hormone therapy as soon as possible. I have also decided that If I am going to transition I need to start building a support network of people who will accept me for me and who will support me during my transition.

I have been very blessed that my therapist will provide me a letter recommending HRT within the next month. Hopefully I will be on HRT by the end of May. Also I have been blessed with a friend who I told everything to, my crossdressing for 45+ yrs, how I want to transition etc. and she is very happy and very supportive of me. She is setting up a makeup session with a Mary Kay rep friend of hers. Can't wait..

And just this evening spoke with my daughter by phone, told her about my friend Tammy and how accepting she is of me. My daughter knows about my crossdressing but not fully my desire to transition. Well I just told her this evening that I have been seeing a gender counselor, that she will provide a letter for HRT within the next month or so. My daughter said awsome. We've set a time for this weekend to talk in more detail, so she can ask questions etc.. looking forward to it. This make's two very supportive people in my life.

Now I need to tell my son, and then the two most difficult people, my brother and my Uncle. Then on to telling my work. Fortunately, my HR dept is supportive and will help in my transition at work. I can only say I've been blessed with good outcomes so far, hope it continues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

It sounds like you have surrounded yourself with some very loving, caring people. Congratulations on making a decision. Best wishes.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Kimberley congratulations on making youe decision, and congratulations to your daughter, friend and work place for supporting you hope all goes well with your uncle and Son
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Congrats on your decision!!! It really does help a bunch when you have support from friends & family..

Good Luck..
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

You're very fortunate, Kimberly, to have a daughter who is not just accepting or supportive, but excited about your transition. It must be wonderful to have that kind of affirmation as you continue to tell the rest of your family. I'll be thinking about you in the days ahead...

Goog luck Kimberly, I wish all the best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GypsyKaren
    Kimberly, I am very happy for you and I know how big a thing this is, you've always been on my list of those I respect.

Karen

Smile

[SIZE="3"]Kimberley, I wish you the very best honey [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    Congrats Kimberly, and I wish you well in your transition.
    living the dream

best of luck and smooth sailing to you!!!

kids are unpredictable and often you need to wait them out while they sort things out...

the heck with your uncle!! lol....and my brother, the person that brags about how many people he hurt playing football in high school, thinks its totally cool and has been great about it not only to me but he's handled his kids wonderfully...so you never know

Very cool, Kimberly -- I wish you nothing but the best!
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

all the best sis

Kimberly,
    It sounds like you are doing everything right. I wish you the best!

I wish you the best, Kimberly, on your Transition! It isn't the easiest thing you'll ever have to do to tell everyone, but it's something you have to do. I'm sure you'll make out just fine! There were a few in my family who threw a pluperfect fit! Most of them got over it, one still avoids me at family get-togethers. It's his loss, not mine. If it should happen to you, treat it the same way!
    Welcome to the way it was supposed to be!
    Love,
    Diane

Fun Loving Party Girl Ashlie Marie's Avatar

I wiah you all the best

Hi Kimberly,

I myself just started to Transition at work, I have been going as a female now fulltime for about a month, most everyone knows my new name, and people are trying to use it. ?My name change is taking forever, but the girls all told me that even when they got married it took forever lol. one day my Email will say Ashlie. Just remeber to take it day by day and getting your group of close friends and co-workers to have around u is the best thing u can have going for you.. Please feel free to drop me a message anytime if you need anything

Hugs,
    ----------------------------------------

All that is important is that you are comfy with yourself --<<--@

Come Visit me: My FaceBook Page

Banned Read only cd_britney_426's Avatar
    Congratulations, Kimberly! That is awesome that not only do you have the support of the management of work but now some of your most important family members. You have always sounded so confident and definitely more confident than me and many others I know and it apparently is paying off for you. Keep doing what makes you happy and I look forward to hearing updates on your progress. Britney

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Congratulations Kimberly

When I decided to transition I did exactly the same as you - surrounded myself with understanding, supportive friends and family. Of course I didn't know they'd all be like that before I started telling them, but that's how it worked out. I feel confident in the future now as a result.

So, I wish for the same for you - being happy doesn't just help you, it's good for your friends and family too.

Sarah...

Congratulations Kimberly !

I have found that the most important things for me were:

Having a special friend who I could confide in and would support me no matter what

and

Having the total support of HR at work.

You have these as well - and so I know you will have a smooth transition.

I'm so happy for you as I know a little of whats ahead - especially the hormones - they make quite a difference - you will love the effects I promise !

Suzy

Kimberley,

All best wishes on your journey. It's wonderful to have such supportive friends.

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations Kimberly.

I too have made the decision to Transition. The only thing that is holding me back at present, is that I have a business to sell. When that is accomplished, i plan on re-locating at which time i will come out full time and make the move as Denise

Take care and all the best

Denise

Gold Member
    It's a big decision Kimberly and I wish you all the best. Looks like you've got a good personal support group. We'll be here if you need us.

Congratulations and the best of everything Kimberly. It sounds like you have a wonderful daughter and a great friend and I'm sure you're son will be just as supportive. And don't forget that we're always here for you too.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Kimberly having you Daughter in your corner is a big plus. You are taking a really big step, one that will no doubt bring you much happiness. It certain did for me. Keep your eyes on the future and remember transition is just one more step in the journey you traveling. I wish you all the best!

Eileen

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Got more support today,

Talking with another friend, Michelle I was invited by her and my therapist to attend a monthly TS support group that my therapist host's. I met 9 wonderful women, some post, some pre and pretty much all on HRT.

Well, all I can say having met so many TS in one group, showed me that I'm not alone in the feelings I have. When it's just you and the therapist it is hard to think that others exist, you still think to some degree it's just you that is like this. When you meet others like you going thru what you are or who have gone further, it gives you hope that you can and will make it.

At the same time it is a reality check, as they tell you of the problems and issues that they faced as well. So this thing called Transition is not for the faint hearted, you really need to want it and know it in your heart. But today I feel doublely blessed to have found a wonderful therapist and now a TS support group.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Congratulations,

I too have just begun this journey. I initially started therapy in March and because I have a security clearance I had to disclose my therapy to my security officer. She was incredibly supportive and I found out I was the second to transition at this company.

Due to changes at work, I also decided that I should inform my immediate supervisors. It will likely be about a year before I go full time, but I wanted to give them as much planning time as possible. They pushed it up to HR and I had a very positive experience with them.

I have three daughters that are all very supportive and have known for many years.

I know how you feel by being blessed with the support you are getting. You are not at all alone, and it is wonderful that you are involved with a local group. I know that has helped me both in the past and now. Hearing first hand the difficulties as well as the successes helps all of us overcome those times when it seems all to impossible.

Hang in there and take each day as it comes. I can tell by many of the other posts I read that this forum has a lot of experience and support.

Again congratulations and good luck!

Veronica