Thread: Sensitivity, worrying and complaining are they "feminine" traits

Sensitivity, worrying and complaining are they "feminine" traits

Hi all i was wondering how the world or even the ladies/gents on this forum feel about an individual being a bit sensitive, worrying and complaining most of the time will those traits be categorised as "feminine" traits?

I don't really know about the incescent complaining....my wife seems to do planty of that, but I did post a short while back about feeling self concious over my "overly emotional" pyschological state. I don't really know if its due to my CD-ing, age, general upbringing, or what. I have not taken any hormones or herbs for feminization. I've embarased myself (in a regular guy mode) at work by breaking down..even to tears in private conversations with a superior over some of the politics within the office. That situation is now totally resolved....I was laid off in March. It really worries me that I seem to have little control over my emotions. The kind sisters on this site reinforced me by telling me that this is not a bad thing...but I do really think it is a problem in today's society and business world.

Still confused...with PLENTY of time on my hands to ponder the issue.

I was always very sensitive and emotional. In order to man-up to fit in society, I really had to get a grip on those elements of my life and in time, I did just that. I think most people do consider them to be feminine traits, or at least accept those traits in a woman a lot more than in a man.

When I ventured online as Gabrielle, my sensitive, emotional side popped back out unexpectedly... and with a vengeance. I'm not entirely sure if that is because Gabrielle is my feminine self or because I read a lot of sad stories here and I can really relate to the pain, being a cd myself. Been a strange ride - feeling like this again, but kind of interesting. It's not all bad and I'm dealing with it.

The complaining thing... I'm not sure that's considered feminine or masculine, or at least I've never thought of it that way. Oddly enough, I complained more about my life before I embraced my feminine side. I still complain about my troubles, but not nearly as much as I used to. Somehow embracing my feminine side has calmed my anger and tendency to complain - even when I've got more to complain about now than I did just a few years ago. I think I'm just happier with who I am and therefore less likely to complain.

In guy-mode, I'm still kind of a hot head, but not as bad as I used to be.
    Last edited by Gabrielle Hermosa; 04-11-2009 at 09:15 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Sosoft,

I wouldn't assign any of these traits to either gender. These are simply what defines an individual. I have known many GMs and GGs that characterize these attributes. Then again, I have known just as many that manifest the opposite.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by sosoft73 View Post
    Hi all i was wondering how the world or even the ladies/gents on this forum feel about an individual being a bit sensitive, worrying and complaining most of the time will those traits be categorised as "feminine" traits?
    As someone well accomplished in doing all three (for better or worse about complaining), my experience is that I think people do perceive it that way, *especially* from GG's. I say this because from some of the GG's I've been close to, they will sometimes talk, act, and seem to feel like they're with another girl. I have more than one GG friend that will *only* talk to me about their deepest thoughts and secrets and will often try and get me into 'girl talk' and one of them called me "one of the girls" after one of these sessions...boy if she only knew how true that was....

Quite honestly I don't think most men understand a male being sensitive or worrying. In college one of my male friends (well, a friend at the time anyway...we had a falling out) called me a cuddly teddy bear, and I think that's the best any GM has been able to understand it. Mostly they just think being sensitive is weakness, and they try to exploit it.

I would be worried that some of the ladies here would be offended at being catagorized as worrying, hyper-sensitive complainers, the same as we bristle at being catalogued as gay, perverted, abominations. It is dangerous to paint any group with a broad brush.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    None of those traits are particularly male or female. In fact, stoicism, rather than complaining is a trait the we normally assign to our blessed mothers rather than complaining, ain't it?

Remember that killer tennis player of the eighties who was constantly complaining about every call, his racket, the umpires, his opponenets, everything? He wasn't thought to be feminine, just a spoiled pain in the ass! John Something or other...?

We are who we are, who we've been molded to be by our parents and peers examples. And when we see a trait in someone we admire, male or female, we would do well to emulate that trait. When we see a trait in someone that annoys us, we would do well to eliminate the tendencies to that trait from ourselves.

Me? I see traits in both Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie that I wanna copy. (Not the least of which is to be amazingly self-confident in my hawtness! LL!)

Hey, I'm not complaining - THEY ARE MY TRAITS - be they feminine or

masculine - whatever they are, they are mine and they have been there since

birth

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

LOL, not really Hon but a lot of us would like to think so. Of course if we tell our SO that, it's a "no win" situation.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi

Thanks for ur inputs the reason for the thot is that i heard one of the supervisors telling one of his subordinates "to be a man and stop worrying" and also it is my view that being sensitive usually leads to tears as well. I guess if one is rugged and hard he/she might nt be that sensitive/emotional etc.