Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have guy hobbies? ***FTM QUESTION***

Do you have guy hobbies? ***FTM QUESTION***

I was wondering. Do you have guy hobbies now/always? Do you shoot guns? Work on race cars? Smoke cigars?

i am a guy but yes i do alot of classic car repair and shows just as a hobby

What defines a 'guy' hobby? I volunteer at a library, so I suppose that's a hobby, and I'm a guy, does that make it a guy hobby?

I don't like guns, cars, sports, smoking, cards, bars, or that sort of thing.
    Story of my life –>

<i>What defines a 'guy' hobby? I volunteer at a library, so I suppose that's a hobby, and I'm a guy, does that make it a guy hobby?</i>

I think that's a guy hobby by any definition.

KP.

I'm just curious, many MTF'ers keep their male hobbies, some abandon them for girly pursuits. I wonder if FTM's are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrylee61 View Post
    Ok... so that means there aren't really any Girl hobbies and Boy hobbies now, right?
    Pretty much, yeah.

In answer to the original question - I'm a guy, I have hobbies, so therefore yes, I have guy hobbies. However, I do know what you mean, so maybe I should be less sarcastic. I was never into girly stuff - that always bored me. I've always enjoyed guy stuff such as watching football (that's proper football, btw, not American football ), drinking beer, playing pool etc.
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 01-22-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Other posts have been deleted so the quotes no longer applied. Please use the "report" funtion to notifiy staff in the future

I..uh...play video games? I'm nuts about Star Wars. I think the idea of teaching myself programming is fun. I read non-fiction....Um.. I dunno. I think those are just nerd hobbies.
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Quote Originally Posted by Maura_ohio View Post
    I'm a ham radio op.........i have found a decent amount of t-girls who are hams....any more out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrylee61 View Post
    It's the "00000's" Ladies
    Jesus, did Tamara not have this out with you folks just the other week? Brick wall, meet hed.

I do kinda geeky hobys on computers, and cooking (which isn't 'girly' when your a trainy-cheff), and art.

Hate watching sport, or doing any sport which isn't swiming (bloddy stupid hobby for a pre-op ts, I know), don't shoot (but then it's england, I only ever met two people who did the last two decades), don't drive...

Incidentaly, smoking is most definatly NOT a 'guy' hobby, I know as many women who smoke as men (if not more).
    Last edited by John; 01-22-2009 at 04:25 PM.
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

blah. sorry, didn't check the section when i replied to new posts.
    I'm noticing this is the source of a lot of our problems.... I'd really, REALLY like that part of the site done away with. Most of the posting in wrong sections happens through it.

Quote Originally Posted by queenie View Post
    blah. sorry, didn't check the section when i replied to new posts.
    Sorry, but that's a crap excuse for not reading the first post. I'm pretty sure you aren't called 'guys' in the mtf section. It's a case of ignorance as per usual. As for those that have posted yet again in a thread you weren't supposed to, well I'm just going to leave them there, to show the ignorance yet again

I personally have NEVER had a girl hobby. I played sports, played soccer(football) for about 24 years, I'm a musician and have played in many metal bands but currently have no instruments.
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    As for those that have posted yet again in a thread you weren't supposed to, well I'm just going to leave them there, to show the ignorance yet again
    Someone deleted them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    Someone deleted them?
    Yeah... someone wants a slap.... Maura_ohio and Kerrylee61... just so you know...

Ronaldo Explosivo halfman_halfamazing's Avatar
    i play video games, i love sports. in order. baseball basketball soccer and football.
    i don't play i have terrible flinching problems but i do follow hardcore.
    dodgers. lakers. colts. arsenal and chivas.
    i'm also greatly into mens' fashion.
    and music is beyond a hobbie and unqualifying as a guy hobbie i guess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~Ron is like, like...half man half amazing...no doubt ~
    it's okay Justin Bieber, I'm 21 and my voice is barely changing too.

[SIZE="2"]I've got a lot of hobbies that I cycle through, since I can sometimes get bored so easily. I love sports, especially hockey... especially the Red Wings. =] I love computers & electronics just like the majority of people. I want all of those high-tech gadgets around me at all times. My video games are very important to me. Great stress-relievers & a good way to combo up w/a friend every now & then & pretend that you're again trying to kick their ass in the world of pixels. =] I like to keep my car looking pretty sweet, although I don't know as much about what's under the hood. I can do the general change headlights, wiper blades, etc. etc. Would love to eventually hang out w/some people that could help me expand the auto knowledge though. I've always got art on the mind. Spray painting, graffiti, some acrylics by hand, pen sketches, all of it really. I like to sell t-shirts & stuff that have my designs slapped to em. I love my MP3's & mixing them. I would love to become a part-time DJ some day. =] Eh, I guess my hobbies are right up there along w/everyone elses really. [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a crazed football fan (lifelong Browns fan, so I am also, apparently, a masochist)...also love the Cavs (go LeBron)....Very into music....Love to fix things, touch My tools I will break your arm....Lift weights obsessively, and it's killing Me that I can't now because I am laid up from knee surgery a week and a half ago (I took a couch out of My livingroom to put a Gold's Gym machine there, if that tells you how much I love My weights)....I have three birds and a snake, not sure if you consider having pets a hobby, but I am very into My animals....I love teaching My parrot to talk (his latest phrase is, "Daddy's sexy, hell yeah"..... So that's pretty much it for hobbies....**Trey**
    Ever The Opportunist

Hmm I have lots of hobbies, I guess if we are talking stereotypes then some would be classed as male or female.

Here's my hobbies and I will let you decide :

Cross stitch
    Crochet
    Computers
    Spiritual study ( yep a hobby as well as a way of life )
    Video Games
    DIY particularly painting and decorating and I love power tools *grins*
    Writing short stories and poems
    Reading ( always have at least one book on the go)

*shrugs*
    I don't feel any of these actually makes a statement of whether I am male or not though, just what I enjoy doing.

*chugs beer, grabs crotch, burps loudly and strolls off to do some crochet*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hey you with the pretty face welcome to the human race, a celebration, Mr. Blue Sky's up there waiting and today is the day we've waited for.

Rapidly becoming a Gender Equality Duty expert (Europe)

I like to work on puzzles, when I have time....
    "Love is a journey, not a destination."

(www.myspace.com/tascro)

Most of the things I do wouldn't really be classified as "guy" hobbies or "girl" hobbies, they're fairly androgynous. ex. listening to music and things like hiking and sailing (that doesn't count as a guy hobby, does it?)

I dunno either. Not really sure what is meant by "a guy hobby"... I love videogames, I'm in a band (and 2 or 3 side projects), learning a second language, and I build model Gundams. Hate sport though, playing and watching. I guess I don't like to think of my hobbies as being "masculine" or "feminine", just as I don't like to think of myself as being either of those things.

That's just me though :P
    "Somewhere between happy, and total ****** wreck
    Feet sometimes on solid ground, sometimes at the edge
    To spend your waking moments, simply killing time
    Is to give up on your hopes and dreams, to give up on your...

Life for you has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive is what makes us who we are" ~ Tim McIlrath, Rise Against

*shrugs* My hobbies are just hobbies to me.

Reading, writing, jigsaw puzzles, baking, violin, pool, SNES...

Though I have been known to watch American football while reading "Our Bodies, Ourselves."

"Our Bodies, Ourselves" is great!

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4cheezeits View Post
    "Our Bodies, Ourselves" is great!
    Yeah, and they even have a trans section, which is cool.

In the sense of "mainly" things I do,football sport in general gardening which according to my grandparents is for men,and i love motorbikes and riding when I can