Thread: Female Bodybuilders: passable FTM's?

Female Bodybuilders: passable FTM's?

Hello Gentlemen,

I'd like you to take a good look at the 10 people in these photos, particularly the 6th one down, and the very last one.

http://www.creatinejournal.com/women-body-builders/

All of these people are female bodybuilders people who were born female. So I guess my question is whether or not female bodybuilding is used to satisfy transgendered urges? Could it actually be kind of a back-door way to transitioning? Especially since you're more likely to know other female bodybuilders, and so have a "scene" that is supportive?

I read an Article with one woman who says "You go farther and farther to get that winning physique, and one day you look in the mirror and don't recognize yourself." She has since gotten facial feminization surgery and her Adam's apple removed. In another article the woman says "I'm at the point now where I'm comfortable being between the genders. I'm not really a woman anymore, but not quite a man either."

What do you think of these persons? Would you want to look just like them, but in guy's clothes?

I would never want to look like that. Body builders, particularly the ones on steriods have bodies that I don't find attractive. If I could choose my body, I'd want to be toned and all, but still quite slender; not muscle upon muscle lol.

"I'm at the point now where I'm comfortable being between the genders. I'm not really a woman anymore, but not quite a man either."
    Someone like this may have become genderqueer because of the effects of these things, it doesn't mean they started the process to reach that. You'd really have to know.

I think these things become a bit like addictions, more then transitioning. Like they start working out for one reason, but then keep having to take it a step further. Admitted it won't be an addiction for everyone, but it's a pretty extreme thing to do if its not. Sorta like the other woman you mentionned:

I read an Article with one woman who says "You go farther and farther to get that winning physique, and one day you look in the mirror and don't recognize yourself." She has since gotten facial feminization surgery and her Adam's apple removed.
    Due to her surgeries, I'd assume she definately isn't trying to transition. She is a woman, and doesn't like the fact she's lost that physically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ick.

I agree with much of what Alex said. There's a difference between transitioning and addiction (though the behaviors can overlap), while I too would never want to look like that. I like being scrawny; gives me an excuse to be a smartass.

I don't think most of those people start with TG urges.

I'm pretty into bodybuilding myself. FTMs, like GMs.. some would be interested in this kind of stuff and some not.
    I would absolutely love to put on some bulk, but it's really way too hard without T.
    Personally I'd really love to look like the 4th one. Very pleasing to the eye.. very um.. toned-average-gym-going-male-like.
    The rest are either slightly excessive or too excessive for my taste..
    Last edited by onerous; 04-13-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Back when I had a TV I loved to watch the things like the Discovery channels, and I remember seeing something on female bodybuilders. They interviewed a whole bunch of female body builders in it, and one of the big questions they asked were about looking masculine/being masculine. The overwhelming response to that was that they were not trying to be men, or specifically look like men, they just wanted to prove that being a woman didn't mean being weak.

I think the appeal of bodybuilding isn't about masculinization, it's more a combination of a love of muscles, a desire to be strong, and joy in being able to shape one's body to become a particular way.
    Story of my life –>

Body builders have always kind of creeped me out, actually. I'd never want to look like most of the women here (obviously, since they're women and I'm working away from that, but, also too much muscle). Though, I have to agree, #4 is not too bad, nor is that last one...but no, I'd like to gain more muscle, like an average, healthy guy. Not like a body builder.

And, I don't think bodybuilding is used by most women to satisfy transgender urges, because in everything a female bodybuilder does, her sex is thrown at her constantly. I can't speak for every FTM, but I personally couldn't stand that.

Grotesque

If I walked around here looking like some of them, the coyotes would commit suicide, and I would start a cattle stampede.

Buffed beyond belief ? Ya. Scary.
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

I'm sorry, i was just sick on myself looking at they pictures. That's taking things toooooo far (my opinion).
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

Semi Sane innocent angel
    guy or girl that just looks wrong
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Grotesque
    If I walked around here looking like some of them, the coyotes would commit suicide, and I would start a cattle stampede.
    I'm sorry, i was just sick on myself looking at they pictures.
    guy or girl that just looks wrong
    I'm not into bodybuilding, but I'm wondering, How many times phrases as the ones quoted above has been directed against crossdressers?

We ask for tolerance about cd/tg lifestyles. I think that we should teach tolerance by example.

Ivy
    Quote Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
    I'm not into bodybuilding, but I'm wondering, How many times phrases as the ones quoted above has been directed against crossdressers?

We ask for tolerance about cd/tg lifestyles. I think that we should teach tolerance by example.
    Exactly! I happen to find it very attractive, and not all muscular women take steroids to achieve that look. I watched a documentary not long ago (possibly the same one Zenfrost mentioned) about female bodybuilders and when they spoke about how some people perceive them, it felt a lot like how people may perceive me.

On top of that, I am friends with one, and one of the most kindest, thoughtful and beautiful people I know.

Valenstein and jruiz your opinion is valued, it is. I said it was my opinion that i think it looks wrong and it's taking things too far. Body building and trans people have been around for thousands of years, there is paintings and statues to prove both. And yes, it's a shame that people think they are taking things too far and that it's not natural and the same goes to trans people, but what many people are trying to say is that they can't picture themselves looking like that.

My comment was an opinion, as was yours. I find it horrible, but my brother is a body builder, it doesn't mean i find their personality horrible, as my big brother is a really cool guy etc.

Personality comes first, and if it fits then it's right, but body wise, i wouldn't want to look like them pictures, just like i don't want to look like the person i see in the mirror everyday, or the person i see in the bath.

I wasn't saying they are minging in this mind.

And because my brother is a body builder, i have met quite a few, male and female, and i told them my opinion and they respected that if i hated them for that sole reason then i wouldn't be talking to them, but i was because they are nice people.

It's the same i don't agree with many other things, but if the person is nice personality wise then it doesn't really matter. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, and i expressed mines.

Don't assume i was meaning them as a whole, both body and mind, because i wasn't. I realise it can be taken that way, as very little was said, but everyone is entitled to their opinions and yours is highly respected.

Atlas Unlimited

Is this okay ? How far is "too far" ? This guy is obviously a slacker !

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gP9GcIrRlb...0/steroids.jpg
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargirl View Post

OMG!

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargirl View Post

Wow....that guy has definitely defined "too far."...how does he find clothes/ fit into seats/ wash himself?

Can we hire him for when we want to CD out in public?

very interesting. I don't find it attractive at all but I am attracted to the female form. some of the folks are indeed attractive. But to me the builds are over done whether they be male or female.
    I don't think it has anything to do with transgenderism although transgenders could be bodybuilders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Well I wanna be all muscular like but I personally think that is too far for a man or a woman. I don't necessarily think it has anything to do with gender either but we do express our own gender in our own way. Its not just gender but how we express ourselves in general and each to their own is what I say even if I don't agree with it.

Human beings have always done wild things to the body in an event to express our individuality, tattoo's, piercings, tribal markings etc etc. I doubt body building is really anything different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hey you with the pretty face welcome to the human race, a celebration, Mr. Blue Sky's up there waiting and today is the day we've waited for.

Rapidly becoming a Gender Equality Duty expert (Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    Can we hire him for when we want to CD out in public?
    nice. very nice.

None of those women are FTM's. I've watched stuff on a few of them and they are pretty girly some of them anyways. They are nothing like what we are. So to answer your question...No. I do not think it has anything to do with transgendered people at all. Also that is not attractive, its gross on men & women. IMO.
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

Gold Member
    Even women body builders fall into the trap of getting bigger and bigger to win the competition. That's where the steroids come into play. I think it's more a competition thing than a gender identity issue.