Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what do you consider yourself really?

So, what do you consider yourself really?

I get mixed signals from some folks here a lot of times, especially when they comment on different subjects. Some of the responses are definately of the "fruity" variety, such as "getting my hair cut/styled like a woman", "getting my nails done and/or pedicure weekly", "taking voice and/or walking lessons." WTF? Not that I'm specifically picking on anyone and I know excitement can build when we do things to "emulate" women but do some really "listen" to themselves when they say this? I tend to think some folks are really TS rather than CDers. I do realize getting to know who we are is part of it but I'm wondering what some (especially some with accepting SO's) really consider themselves to be?

It doesn't surprise me in the least when some SO's read their partners' comments on here and possibly question the true intention of dressing to begin with. That could scare the pants off of a mountain lion and I have to really admire the devotion of some of these women to their partners. The object to me is to come off understanding the feelings associated with CDing with dignity and not sounding like some kind of "pansy" and at the same time being able to enjoy who we are as a person. Sometimes I think though that through trying to "fit in" with others, we actually place ourselves in a diminished capacity without realizing it. We really cannot complain about others putting us down when we, ourselves, do it with word and deed.

Anyway, I'm wondering what others here really consider themselves to be? A "man", a "woman" or something in-between? Myself? I've gone way past the gender nonsense and just consider myself a person with "male" and "female" aspects. Much easier that way.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 04-13-2009 at 02:36 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

TS M2F. So a bit of a girl really.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    My mind is spinning just trying to figure that one out. My driver's licence says male but I don't think that's the answer. Maybe a male with a female brain is a better answer. Or maybe female wannabe. Ack!!!!!!
    I'll have to get back to you for my answer.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    or i am a woman !

Its simple. I am a person. I have my own feelings, needs and wants. I am nothing more and nothing less. I am me. The world is not black and white but shades of gray, where things blur.

"Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
    Removes the colors from our sight
    Red is grey and yellow white
    But we decide which is right
    And which is an illusion "

I am me.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Just another guy in a dress!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just another guy, but my case with the wrong equipment.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I am a crossdresser with a wonderful and very supportive wife.....
    Nothing more nothing less

I is a Hoomin Bean.

Seriously, I am a human being-a person. I was born male and I live my life as a male. I have more than a few feminine traits and I like me that way. So apparently to the other people in my life or I doubt they would be my friends.

Most all of these folks know I occasionaly dress, act, and present myself as female. I've been known to color my hair, go and get a manicure/pedicure, shop for heels, or, show up at a party or night out wearing a dress and/or make-up. I do these things when I feel like they would be fun things to do. My friends know it's just part of the mystery/conundrum that is me. It's just a part of who I am.

"All the world's a stage............"
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

A real tough one to answer. I don't crave putting on frilly dresses or have an obsesion with high heels as i know some here do. I just feel i want to be me, but female. What catagory that falls under i have no idea, but its the best description of myself i can come up with.
    Kokoro - ココロ

Heart, mind and spirit.

I am no longer concerned with what has happened in my past. What I care about, is what I can do with my future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I am me.
    You took the words right out of my mouth :-)

I too am me.

Marla

Well, all of the people I've delt with, including my doctors, consider me to be a TS. But like MJ I just prefer to be a woman.
    Kisses, Linda

I consider myself a woman!
    *Jenny*

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Yup, me too!!

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    I'm with Lisa.......

Normal - well I am ME

Well I guess I am an individual with both male and female traits

Crossdresser is a label which society uses to describe me I am happy with most of the qualities I have and I am comfortable expressing myself in male or female dress within limits to protect my family

The limits are for another thread
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I am a man who enjoys wearing womens clothing, nothing more or less ! The fact is I look very good in a dress or skirt and top, much better than in a suit.
    My wife will attest to that fact. I'm not sure if it's because I feel so much more relaxed and can let My softer, more understanding, just plain happier side show,or if I just have the type of personality and body that belongs in a dress. Either way it doesn't matter, I am Me and I am satisfied with who I am.

of the fruity variety
    ?

like some kind of pansy
    ?

Nice.

Ditto!

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    I look good in a dress or suit, but prefer the dress

not an easy question to answer, but fun to think about it.

There really isn't a simple answer. I find that I dress as JJ whenever I can, and - given my druthers- would prefer to be seen as a woman. I certainly enjoy following many of society's stereotypes that ordinarily apply to women and receive great satisfaction from nurturing and caring for others.

But, I love my wife dearly, enjoy and crave "the normal" sexual relations with her, and have never actually been interested in a guy. My wife and I had a talk recently where she asked if I really want to be a woman, and I replied that the only way I would want that was that if she wanted to be a guy...It's nearly as confusing to me as it is to her.

So I guess that this make me a woman who wears dresses and likes to use her male parts to make love to her wife?

-jj

Gold Member
    Just some old biker dude who when puts on a dress turns in to a super hot red-headed babe

Good answers all my friends. It seems most here know who they are which is refreshing in a basically mixed up world. I honestly expected nothing less. Most of us are light years ahead of so called "normal" people in that respect.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Me three.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar

So what do I consider myself really?

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna Daniels View Post
    I tend to think some folks are really TS rather than CDers.

That could scare the pants off of a mountain lion
    First quote - I agree.

Second quote - they wear pants?

Me? I'm really rather fond of the gender binary. I'm a woman and mighty happy to be so.

Sarah...