Thread: A different way to "Come out"

Gold Member

A different way to "Come out"

This is if you are TS or plan on CD'ing in public.

Just another aspect on coming out based on my experience.

To Friends and family -
    No need to sit down and have a formal chat about it. As many CD and TS who want to comeout have learned - people ask questions when we CD or TS start to present more feminine. Let them ask the questions and be honest with them. The three main ones that will come up are - "why are you wearing...?" "Do you want to be a woman?" and "are you gay?"
    At this point answer truthfully about things and do not act ashamed. Once you tell a couple people there is no need tell anyone else cause the word will spread.
    Always be ready to answer a few questions and do so honestly and with confidence.

To work - This depends on many things. How diverse is your job, how secure, how important,... Whether or not you come out at work and how is beyond what I could really say. Too many variables.

So basically, no need to "Come out", just let others figure it out.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Nicole,
    I think you are right to a point in that when I came out to the first two I was more formal with the information but as of late it has been "I noticed you are wearing ....or.....
    do you have eye liner on?" and then the answers has been straight foreward.
    It has to be what you feel is going to work and each incident is going to be different. Or you could just show up to work or a family function dressed to the "nines" and let it all come out. Ouch, maybe not. Gotta work a few more years. LOL

Keli