Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you still want to be a woman?

Banned Read only

It takes to much work

If I had to get dress every day as a woman I would go crazy, it take to much work to get dress just on the weekends when I go out.

I LOVE WHO I AM.........A MAN

LA CINDY LOVE

Gold Member
    Oh boy, another "You are not truely TS" message.

This is silly, asking "would you still want to be a woman in some place and time when women were used as [something terrible]

ummm, NO! I would not even want to be alive during such times.

People sit there and argue over what a real TS is often.
    As soon as someone thinks they have a definite answer, put out the test and it will be the be all end all test for separating the TS from the CD.

So assuming we are talking about modern day developed countries and not 1427 Zangolia, yes I would rather be woman. It is not like I would be sacraficing some huge estate or a good job anyways.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

See? Now that's what I'm talking about. I was hoping that such a subject would bring out an entire spectrum of answers, if we are honest about things. Transexual women should always answer that they'd take being female at any time, anywhere, no matter what. Crossdressers are in it for the toys. Me? I'm somewhere in between. I admit two things: First, I'd really like being a woman. That said, I still find the cute girly clothing to be a big part of the attraction about that. So I'm not truly transexual, and I will not pursue a gender change. I'd like to be a woman, but not enough to put myself through what would be necessary to make that happen. And I think that some of the pink foggers around here let that fog cloud the truth of the whole thing for them. A lot of you say you'd rather be a woman, and many of you are very sure in that conviction. There are some, though, who when faced with the actuality of it, should admit that it's more about the clothes and the feminine quality of it all than it is about actually being female.

To those of you who really are women on the inside, have strength, my dears. I empathize, and I'm rooting for you. To the rest of you (us), I hope you continue to enjoy crossdressing as much as I do.

Oh, and I never really intended for this to be a referrendum on what constitutes a real transexual, and what separates them from "mere" crossdressers. I just thought it would be fun to think and talk about.
    Last edited by TGMarla; 04-14-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Yes, because it would still be better than being a man... for me anyway. Don't get the wrong idea, I am not a man hater.. I love men, just don't want to be one.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I think I am Happy as a crossdresser. However sometimes these feelings are often to strong to ignore and if i could have been a girl from birth then yes i would have to say i wish i could be a girl

Gold Member
    It is a tough call. I would like to have experienced being a young lady and all of the things you do through adulthood. There is a lot that many of us would dream to do. The tradeoff is that I wouldn't have had my family, my wife, my kids, and my experiences. Those are all wonderful things that I would never give up. So short of the Sci-Fi "can I take a pill and experience this and come Monday I will be back", the answer is a definite no.

I am me and why change that!

I have thought about exactly that many times; being a woman in a different time than now or not being able to have my frilly things. I think the answer would be the same, yes. I've never fully related to being manly, though have done my best to act it to survive but have never felt it was me.

I really like being a guy who likes to wear women's clothes. I've thought about the whole sex change thing, but have rejected it in my mind. I like being a guy.

This forum is about crossDRESSing and that's my interest. I don't want to become a woman or even to pretend to be one, I just enjoy the clothes. That said, it is a source of frustration that my body shape and size make it hard for me to wear and enjoy clothes as a real woman would: in that sense, yes, I would love to be able to "become" a woman in physical terms just so I could really find out how all those wonderful feminine clothes feel when worn on the right body.

You explained many of the reasons I gave up living female and realized I just prefered to wear the clothes. Try finding a job, apt., make new friends, keep old friends or just live life un-hassled. I passed very well as female and the only thing that really gave Me away was my voice but there was no future in it. When people found out they were very mean and hurtfull and I found Myself (through no fault of My own) in several dangerous situations. It's not all it's cracked up to be!

TGMarla wrote:
    First, I'd really like being a woman.
    See, I used to think that too. But then, we will really never know. We can only imagine what it might have been like. There's no way we could possible know what the entire experience of growing up 'girl', with all the problems inherent to it, would be like.
    Even last night, it came to me; I went out at 2 a.m., to get something to eat. When I came out of the diner, I drove down to a donut shop. I looked around. Within the block, there were about 20 or so people. All men. Not a single female in sight. Nor would I expect to see any. As a rather large guy, I never think twice about where I go, or when. As a woman, I would have to think about my safety all the time.
    And lots of things along those lines. Women live a different experience than we do, very different. As a guy I can walk out of the house after spending ten minutes showering and shaving at the same time, then comb my hair and getting dressed. None of the women I've known could get out of the house in less than about 45 minutes at the very, very least. Hair, makeup, jewelery, etc., remembering what to put into her purse for the day, it went on and on; and I understand why it's all important. Then, the constant clothing and make up adjustments through out the day. Sure, it might seem kinda fun at first, but I'm sure it's a real drag for those who have to focus on it every single moment of every day. Then as above, the female 'equipment' maintainence, the knowledge that as you get older there's no possible way to remain as attractive as you once were no matter what you do, well it's surely not the 'fun' that lots of people here think it would be. Life is hard no matter who we are. And, I personally believe that it's harder for women. But I'll never, really know.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not really

Being a real woman takes way too much work, and I certainly would NOT, and I repeat NOT want to endure the monthly friend that comes and hangs around for a week.

In a hart beat!!!!! And if I could go to sleep and wake up as this beautiful women.My mom is in her late 60s and still looks 50 and my sister is a looker according to my friends.
    And all the other stuff that gos with it (The monthly friend)low pay the works.klinefelter syndrome is been a real problem all my life and I feel I have been on the fence for the last 40 years and god pulled a real cruel joke.
    I wish he would of decided witch one it was going to be instead of a little of both.And the meds they give for it don't work I have been to 16 doctors and this last one he tried a different approach but with the hormones all over the place its hell.
    And I have gave this a lot of thought and If I had to pick a side it the girls side.
    Jackieo

Gold Member
    An interesting post and question.. As for me, yes I'd like to try living as a GG for a time to see what it's like from that perspective. Saying that, however, I dont envy the roles women play in our culture or the severe biological changes they have to endure throughout their lives. I think if men had to go thru those same biological changes, they'd shoot themselves. Even tho we are progressing to a so called enlightened society, how many commercials do you see out there where women are still protrayed as the Suzy-homemaker housewife??

Aspiring Member
    If I was born female then I wouldn't be the person that I am now. I would take the fun girly parts for granted and probably just complain about the not so good stuff; like earning less money than guys, like something wonderful that happens once a month, like being stuck with the kids all the time, like having to do the household chores after coming home from my job away from home, like pretending that three minutes worth of sex is satisfying.
    And I wouldn't understand why my husband would want to pretend to be a second class citizen. No, I just wouldn't get it. So I'm amazed at all of the ggs in this forum that do get it. You're a better man than I am. Leanne

kc but travel alot for work to NE mostly but also west coast

interesting

very thought provoking question. i am definitely in it for the trappings. i enjoy everything that is femme and sexy about dressing as a women - from the feeling of lipstick on my lips to slipping a nyloned foot into a 4" heel. that being said, i don't think i could do that every day, even now. im just too lazy and like getting ready in ten minutes to go somewhere most days, lol.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I think I,d still rather be a guy .
    I don,t like this macho bull dropping world we live in but theres one thing thats pure and driving . As a crossdresser , I think the anticipation , the desire , the lust we feel time to time looking foward to the next availble time to transform as good if not annoyingly better than the act itself .
    Indeed perhaps now I,ll abstain for awhile , do it on pourpose to enrage that lovely moment as you first step from the shower ,shaved and delicate before reaching for the make up bag .........

Definitely...

While this is a great question the flaw in the logic is that the alternative would have to be life as a man in the same culture, not life as a man in our current time / culture. While I wouldn't want to live as a woman in "some little dirt-poor tribe in Africa or New Guinea" I especially wouldn't want to live as a man their either. Nor a Puritan colony... nor in Afghanistan...

But in the final analysis, it isn't about what I want - it is about what I am... which, really, is quite femme, unless you count Jr.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Senban
    Lorna said - "This forum is about crossDRESSing and that's my interest."

Our survey said FAIL

*** Welcome to Crossdressers.Com ***
    *** The #1 Community for Crossdressers, the Transgendered, Transsexuals, their Loved Ones and Friends ***
    Unless of course you were talking about this particular sub-forum but even then the lines are pretty blurry in practice.

I find it interesting by the way, this question of whether we'd want to be female in different historical periods and if we didn't feel that way then obviously we're not TS. I can see the logic behind that to a degree. But the more I thought about it, the more I realised that it wasn't strictly true. Let's take a GG in medieval England as a hypothetical rough example. She may be a GG but her role in society is such that she's a piece of meat. Would she sit there and think "wow life is t3h sux but I'm female so everything's great!" No, she'd probably be wishing that in a sociological way she was male and who knows how many women took on male personas to break out of social niches? In fact, this reminds me rather nicely of a clip from Black Adder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG9HSqjGWKY
    Last edited by Senban; 04-21-2009 at 04:09 AM.

Talking

TGMarla wrote:
    That said, I still find the cute girly clothing to be a big part of the attraction
    Sure, for some it's all about the clothes, but for a lot of others, we'd just want to be a cute girly, no matter what the clothes looked like.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

This is a very challenging question, but it sort of rings to the million dollar question I used to hear in high school. "Would you have oral sex with a man for 1 million dollars?" Heck, yeah. "How about $500,000.00?" That's a lot of money, sure. "What about $100,000.00?" Ummm, OK. "$10,000.00?" Wait a minute!! What I see here is a challenge as to how badly we would want to be a woman, would we be a woman in 18th century Europe? Would we be a woman in Somalia or Afganistan, or China in the 1930's? Trying to judge our response to this is like comparing apples to pig parts. I am a 21st century American, and before that, a 20th century American. I would like nothing better that to be born a 20th century female American. If I was born a male in 20th century Afganistan (or India, China, etc.) I would rather be born a female in that culture. If I was born in 1800, or 1600, or 210 BC, I would rather be born a female in that time. Heck, I would rather be born in 1952 a female than in 1985 a female, but that is neither here not there. My life is my life and I am not going to trade my lifestyle for another. I am comfortable living the way I live. Does this cheapen my desire to be a woman? Not at all. Someone asked me once if I had my choice of living as a gitl for 10 years or a full lifetime as a man, what would I choose. Well, I like life and I don't feel to give it up. Being female is more than just the boob, the hips, and the indoor plumbing. Although I would love to have all those, I would never give up the wonderfull children and grandchildren I have just to get the accessories. I just wish I had the grace to accepth who I was earlier in life.

Michelle
    You go girl!

I guess I have to line up with TgMarla. I' a little bit country and a little bit rock n roll. I love the clothes, makeup hair etc. But part of me wants to be a girl. Perhaps when I was younger, I might have thought more seriously about actually changing my body. Now I just accept being part of each. I try to enjoy each part of my life. So I really act like a CDer but on the spectrum of gender I am sort of in between. After living more of my life as a guy, I have more guy mannerisms than when I was younger. But I can accept where I'm at. I try to accept where each of you is at.

Edy

marla wen i was a kid i wanted to be a girl,what happens in a woman life is what i want,it makes no different when or where,wearing what is classed as womens skirts etc,dosent matter,if you got girlie in you,you got it,youre one of the lucky ones&who says skirts are for what are called women?

I am now a 'trappings' person. A true Cross dresser. I wear woman things because I enjoy it.
    I have NO desire to alter my body. I have had 60+ years in it and sort of have gotten used to it.
    Yes there were times, sometimes more frequently and stronger then now, that I would have changed. Times like in school I could not play sports due to the fact I was the school runt, had no depth perception and, regardless of the school - I went to 12 different schools, was also the school's leading nerd.
    But over time I have mellowed out and learned to accept who I am.

I cross dress because I enjoy the feel. I have started going out because I want more. I want to to show off. I want to experience.

Just last weekend I went to Atlanta and got to be a lady for the whole weekend. It was exhilarating. It was, at times, a bit scary. But with a group of like individuals around me to comfort me, protect me, and help show me the 'ropes'. I truly enjoyed my self.
    I am going back again next month.
    I and my daughter, Dark AnGGel, will be joining 'Sigma Epsilon of Atlanta' and 'Tri-Ess'.

But to permanently change, No thank you.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 04-26-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Marla,

I hate to admit that at 58, as a father, husband, grandfather, No. I am one who is here for dessert. I love the excape, the lingerie, the infreqint departure, from the norm. Great question, nicely offered before happy hour.
    After happy hour it would have been too tough.