Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you wear it with pride?

I don't wear Skirts / Dresses out in Public. But like others I do occasionally wear Capri Pants. Often Hose and Shorts.
    My favorite is to wear different fem shoes. Mostly flats.
    Amazing that no one really seems to notice. Even in a pair of Ballet Flats
    My favorite Pair of shoes is a pair of MJ Crocs. Ugly but extremely comfortable.
    I am looking for a pair of heels that I could get by with, but I am 6'1" already so heels would make me too tall.
    I wish that I had the courage to wear Skirts or Dresses in public. More of a Fashion Freedom kind of thing.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Today is my usual rent and shopping day, and on the advise of a GG Goth friend I tried liquid eyeliner again and this time got it working for me.

I did get a couple of nasty looks from guys I walked past, the worst reaction I've had for my gender non-conformity in a long time, it seems that the bolder look of liquid eyeliner is less easilly accepted even on a Goth. But they were only momentary looks, nothing more. And that said I got no problems at all from anyone else, not the staff at Big W when the self-serve machine was having problems with the vampire books I was buying and certainly not the helpful assitants at Bras N Things. Not the person at McDonalds who served me either. The taxi driver that took me into town was the surly guy whos always rude to me no matter what and the guy who took me home was friendly and nice and helped me carry my shopping to my door.

So I wore my feminity with pride today. I noticed there some more androgynous Emo kids in town too.
    A movement which, like Goth, only paves the way for increased acceptance of diversity especially in Gender Expression.

Saskatchewan, Middle of the Canadian Prairies

Interesting Topic

I find this very interesting since I have though of doing this but of course never have to this point. Firstly i would need the courage and secondly my wife does not want anyone to know and I do not want to embarrass her with any of this since she is slowly accepting me as I am. I did dress up today and looked in the mirror and thought I could pass but then again i could not, but at that moment I thought it does not matter to me albeit maybe in another place not my home town. I believe I am getting there and hopefully my wife is also and one day I will be able to get out dressed or half dressed. It is an interesting ride either way and I plan to enjoy it as much as I can.
    My Father is male, my Mother is female that makes me 50/50!

Only a couple of times

Yes I have couple of times. I was on my to party where I was going to have makeup done at the party. I had to ride elevator down, and got some odd looks. But all in I do not regularly go out unless in full makeup.

have only gone out dressed a few times and never with makeup and wig. After reading this post this morning I just had to go to my favorite dress shop (the manager helps me find my size in everything from lingerie to dresses). I wore a denim skirt and a white spaghetti strap top. I had my 2" heels in the truck but chickened out. After trying on 3 or 4 outfits she started talking about the GG that works next door at a Subway and how she was gay and kept hitting on her and the other SA.

Anyway, I said that I'll go next door and buy a coke or something and make sure that she notices my outfit. I did and their she was dressed like a boy with a baggie shirt and paints. Went back to the dress shop and we laughed and talked another 15 min. I think the girl was more nervous than I was lol.
    Last edited by sunnybunns; 04-17-2009 at 08:23 AM. Reason: spelling

I too dress only from the neck down, (well not quite) I do wear hats and scarves. My reason for not going public has to do with the embaressment it may cause My loved one's. Life is hard enough without giving the world more ammo.What they do or say to Me really does not matter but loved one's are a different matter. I subjected My family to just this type of thing while living as a women 30yrs ago. They were extremly supportive and accepted Me 100%. However I came from a very small town and to this day there are buttheads that just will not let them live in peace.