Thread: Small bit of news... And a couple of questions.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.

Small bit of news... And a couple of questions.

Well, just thought I'd share...
    I've used the mens' bathrooms twice now. Both times in hospitals. Once a few days ago at 2 am when I was almost positive there would be no- one coming in... Went in a stall for my own nerves. And then again today in the afternoon in a single toilet bathroom.
    So, I was happy. I need to go in empty bathrooms for quite awhile just to get used to the layout so it feels more "normal" for me before I venture out into occupied territory.
    Must act relaxed and groovy, and no eye contact. Yeah?

Any other rules of mens' room conduct any of you could help me with?

Also, about walking. I think my walking is fairly masculine but can't really be sure. Any tips on this as well?
    Thanks much!
    --Abs
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I'll have to think about it...the only thing I can think of right now is: Alwaysbe as far from guys as possible.
    If there are a lot of sinks, use the one furthest from anyone. We are like that with toilets and sinks. Men really like having their own space in the washroom.

Call me Charlotte softandsmooth's Avatar

Other Rules?

Hello Abraxas,

You are quite correct - no eye contact. Particularily when at the urinal. At that point you make like there is no one else in the room, and just look ahead and do your thing.

If the bathroom is busy and only stalls are available, it is OK to stand at a stall to go for a leak and leave the door open. You may be able to find a stall where the door kinda swings shut on it own. That could be useful for you if you are having a case of the nerves.

If you want to accustom yourself to being in the men's when there are lots of folks around - just head straight for a stall, close the door and have a sit.

Charlotte

Nerves

Believe it or not men suffer from nerves. I've experienced my self. Have to go really bad and can't because there are to many people around. So if you get the case of the nerves. Just realize it happens close up and move on. Good news is you can always retreat to a more comfortable environment.
    Danielle

Aspiring Member
    Abraxas,

Another snippet of information is don't talk to anyone. The mens room is a very personal place and guys just want to do what they do in their own space (as others have already said), with no interuption, nobody looking (or even glancing). In guy mode I am nervous and self concious myself in the public bathrooms, and if I have to use the stalls but there is somebody else using the urinals, I will just go to a urinal for a few seconds and then leave to look for the next bathroom. I hate going into the stalls if there is anyone who may see me.

While I'm here, can you give me any advice on using the ladies room (other than I HAVE to go into the stalls ). At the moment, I have used them about 5 times and always chosen very quiet times, and once I was lucky enough to use one were you just go straight into a single stall from the street, so it was not communial.

Rachel

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Thanks, guys. I think I've generally got it down. Too bad I can't sneak in and observe. I might get the shit kicked out of me :-s
    Guess I'll just have to suck it up and get to it.

As for using womens' rooms... I'm uncomfortable in them as well, though not as much so. Basically, I guess just walk in and use the toilet, wash up, and leave. Eye contact with women isn't as big a deal as with men (as they are far less homophobic, generally). But try not to go at busy times if you can help it, so as to avoid having to stand and wait for a stall to free up. If you see that there are no open stalls, it's best just to leave and search out another bathroom, unless you really can't wait.
    And obviously, sit down
    (unless you're me.)
    hehe
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Abraxas,

Thanks for that. I sit anyway. The only time I stand now is at work sometimes. As I said the other day, I'd love to do a body swap with you, then I could stand