Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To shave or not to shave

To shave or not to shave

Okay I've been shaving my legs over the winter but as the weather is getting warmer and warmer I find myself wanting to wear shorts as a guy. My question is would having shaved legs be too suspicious? I unfortunately don't do any sports where I can use the aerodynamic/hydrodynamic excuse.

Mostly Harmless...
    Shave, it feels so much nicer. Some people might give you strange looks, but as long as you like it, there's no problem doing it at all. Besides if someone asks, you can always say you just prefer it that way, I don't think anyone will start complaining or making a big deal out of it.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

I have had mine shaved for years and I have found that I love the smooth feeling and quiet frankly I could care less what people think about my smooth legs I say go for it
    [SIZE="6"][/SIZE]Alicia N Neal

I've been shaving my legs (and everything from the neck down) for some time now. No one has ever said anything about it or looked at me funny.

If you keep them cleanly shaven (no stubble visible), it probably won't even stand out to anyone. If someone asks about it, just explain how much you hate body hair and how itchy your legs were (even if they were not).

If you're athletic looking, that helps. But even if not, you still shouldn't have any problem. Keep in mind that it is unlikely anyone will assume that you're a cd because you shave your legs should the question arise. I think we all have a heightened sense of paranoia about it because we fear ridicule and rejection. But like I said - no one has ever questioned my shaved legs or even looked at me funny.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

My 'other' other half. tanya1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkim View Post
    Okay I've been shaving my legs over the winter but as the weather is getting warmer and warmer I find myself wanting to wear shorts as a guy. My question is would having shaved legs be too suspicious? I unfortunately don't do any sports where I can use the aerodynamic/hydrodynamic excuse.
    I don't think so. There could be a million, well ok maybe not a milion but a few anyway, reasons why you would shave your legs. Lots of guys do it nowadays, not just those who crossdress. I wear shorts for sport and nobody has ever commented. If they did and I was feeling brave I would just say it's a personal preference, if not I would blame my girlfriend and say she prefers them that way!!!

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    My question is would having shaved legs be too suspicious?
    No.

Banned Read only
    My question is would having shaved legs be too suspicious? ...

Too suspicious of what? That you prefer to be well groomed and not look like a sasquatch? That you've realized that getting rid of all that hair also cuts down body odor?

Oddly, for me, finally cutting of all that hair, and realizing that no one noticed, made me more self-confident in male mode. I felt cleaner all over .
    And folks told me I looked younger and happier, but they didn't know exactly why. (Heck, most didn't even notice that I came back from a two week vacation without a beard that I had had for over 2 decades!)

Do it!

I guess one way of answering the "eternal" question of "would people notice" is to flip the question and ask. "Do you look at other guys legs, and wonder?"

I used to be worried until I asked myself the same thing, and realized that I'd never really looked, and quite frankly didn't much care anyhow.

So now, they've been "fuzz free" for the last 4 years.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Wear a tee shirt that says "I heart Michael Phelps" and they will think your a swimmer.... or gay or a gay swimmer.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Just do it.
    I have been doing it for three years and nobody has said a thing, and that includes my wife.

Edwina

Use as an excuse & take up jogging or riding a bicycle or swimming. I shave mine & jog & run. So make it a good thing & get out there & exercise!!! It will only make you a prettier chick!!!
    ]Teresa M.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I shave my arms and legs everyday. I also wear shorts and short sleave shirts. Believe me nobody notices he legs of a 43 yr old guy although they should because I think my legs look pretty darn cute.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    Keep in mind that it is unlikely anyone will assume that you're a cd because you shave your legs should the question arise. I think we all have a heightened sense of paranoia about it because we fear ridicule and rejection. But like I said - no one has ever questioned my shaved legs or even looked at me funny.
    Good advice about what others are likely to think if they notice. People out there don't typically think "TG" when they see a form of feminine expression typically reserved for females at birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina View Post
    Just do it.
    I have been doing it for three years and nobody has said a thing, and that includes my wife.
    As I'm reading the replies, I'm thinking to myself most of us would say "just do it" and someone actually said it!!! What I'd add is that you have to do what's comfortable for yourself, not because everyone else says so. The prevailing advice is that we don't get much, if any grief for shaving our legs but this shouldn't be construed to mean people don't notice. They often do but just don't say anything, either because they don't care or that they're being polite and keeping whatever thoughts they have to themselves.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I understand your dilemma as I was once in this situation too about 10 years ago. I was going on a boat trip vacation with a mixed group of friends and I decided to shave my legs and put fake tan on them. I also wore some short denim shorts.

When I got to the house not a single one of the guys noticed but I could tell that two of the GGs noticed as I could see them whispering to each other then one of them said to me out loud and in front of all the guys "did you shave you legs?" ... I was nonchalant bout it all and said in a matter of fact way "oh, that? .... well, yes I did. I prefer the smooth tanned look. I don't like myself being all hairy".

They're reaction was one of mild surprise but no one ever mentioned it again, not even the guys, and our friendship was still just the same as it always was. My point is strangers don't care and your friends might mention it but it won't change anything. We're our own worst enemy when it comes to irrational fears. Now go get that Ladyshave!

P.S. I did have a rehearsed answer for the guys (just in case) about how my sexuality is not identified by whether I have hair in certain places on my body or not, but I didn't need to use it.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 04-17-2009 at 09:07 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I'm having the same debate with myself. To shave or not during the summer. My biggest concern is going to my grandsons ball games with shorts on and my son noticing and questioning why since I never have before. I need to decide soon because it takes several weeks for it to grow back all the way and they are smooth as silk right now.

Aspiring Member

The neat look

Do it and enjoy it. But do be prepared for the weekly endurance. I love my clear bod...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Wear a tee shirt that says "I heart Michael Phelps" and they will think your a swimmer.... or gay or a gay swimmer.....
    or a "smoker and a toker and a midnight joker"

First not all men have hair on their legs naturally so maybe you are one of them. Or maybe your are into sports or modeling. Maybe you have alopecia Arreata. Truth is if they ask, they are either curious or rude. Deciding which one will decide your response. Rude gets "I like it this way and you are asking a very personal question." Curious gets "I like the way it looks and feels thank you."
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-17-2009 at 09:50 AM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I've been shaving my arms & legs for years now with absolutely zero comments from anyone. I've been to our conservative church's activities where shorts and tee shirts were appropriate, and my hairless limbs were out there for all to see - nothing said! And to make it a bit more interesting, I keep my fingernails long. I have had comments about that - I just say I used to bite them when I was working, but now that I am retired and stress-free it is nice to let them grow out. So - go for it - people just don't notice stuff like that.

Just Do It

I too have decided this summer is going to be a hair free summer. For years I have been shaving my legs only to let the hair grow back in the spring. This year I just said the heck with what others think, I like it, they are my legs and I'm doing it. Looking forward to being out on the lake with my smooth legs.

Happy Shaving,
    Jeri

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    .....or a bong smoking fiend.... or a gay swimming bong smoking fiend....

I used to claim I just hated body hair...not even a lie, not that I was really questioned by anyone, just girlfriends sooner or later. I say go for it, just make out like its no big deal... what? everyone doesnt shave their legs?!!

If you are naturally hairy, people who know you well will notice. But, the odds are no one will say anything, or if they do, something simple like "my SO hates body hair" usually shuts people up. People who don't know you won't notice or care.

Shaving and waxing is becoming more and more common among guys...there's no reason not to anymore.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I shave my legs year around and I have had one person ask. I ansered Of course I shave, like it was no big deal and nothing happened.

Just do it

Don't worry about what others may think. I have been shaving mine for a while now and go out in public and to the gym in shorts and rarely get a second look. In the summer I work in a very public area talking to many people while in shorts and have never gotten a second look, at least not at my legs. The only comments I ever received where from people who knew me before I shaved and it was more of a question about whether I had shaved my legs and I answered yes without an explanation and that was it. So back to my title: JUST DO IT!

I've been shaving mine year round, for about 20 years. No comments yet.

Just do it, you'll get no problems. Promise. And it does feel great!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/