Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To shave or not to shave

I shave as well and no one has ever mentioned anything. I do have a quick answer just in case, "My wife likes it that way". (And she does!) I figure that would shut anyone up.

Gold Member
    To add to the "they really don't care" portion of the conversation, I have been shaving or epilating mine for a few years straight. I thought that no one would notice and I never heard a thing. Well, I found there was more to it. My wife was telling our friends and my daughter when that type of subject came up so it was just an "outing" type of conversation. The surprising thing? Not one of them has said a thing to to me. Just something that is a matter of course.

At 61 I have very light hair anyway. I look at guys my own age and really dont like the gray chest hair look and so I shave everything one a week and honest to god nobody has ever noticed!

I think shaving is just that.. shaving.. like for many the first time they wear out was so mind numbingly fantastic you wanted to shout it to the world.. then by the umpteenth time it's like what's so big about this.. I wouldn't know.. I almost went out two nights ago fully dressed but chickened out at the last minute blaming the weather (it was raining slightly)... but to shave or not to shave, that is the question.. what is nobler in the... oh just shave and get it over with.. the world will still rotate and the economy will still suck.. live a little.. eat pudding.. or not..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Thanks for all the advise and encouragement ladies. I guess it probably is just an irrational fear thing. Guess I'll be having a silky-smooth summer.

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar

thanks, i changed my mind

I was going to let the hair on my legs grow back out for summer, but after reading all these comments about it...I'm not gonna!! I just shaved em again for the first time in a couple weeks and ahhhhhhhhh....so much better. Thanks for the inspiration!!!
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

Keep them shaved this summer. You won't regret it I'm sure. I keep mine shaved year around. You're the only one that cares.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Oh how badly I want to keep shaving for the summer. nice summer breeze on my smooth shaved legs while wearing a nice light summer dress....... wow that sounds nice.

but while this thread is here, Does everyones shaving go beyond there legs. Does everyone also shave there upperbody as well?? Has anyone ever said anything about that while you had your shirt off??

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun View Post
    Does everyones shaving go beyond there legs. Does everyone also shave there upperbody as well?? Has anyone ever said anything about that while you had your shirt off??
    Everything. Arms too. If anyone ever asked, which they haven't, I could theoretically tell them the truth -- my girlfriends like it better that way. (And wow, do they! Ask yourself, what girl would want to lick whipped cream off Sasquatch?) Or to some joker: "Your wife likes me better this way."
    Last edited by MissConstrued; 04-19-2009 at 12:42 AM.

but while this thread is here, Does everyones shaving go beyond there legs. Does everyone also shave there upperbody as well?? Has anyone ever said anything about that while you had your shirt off??[/QUOTE]

I only have about 10 chest hairs anyway, so I think that's more embarassing than a bare chest, lol. The nipples on the other hand, sometimes I shave them, sometimes I don't. I don't normally shave my armpits, but I have on occasion, I got weird look once from a coworker, but he never said anything.... I've never shaved my arms, but they don't have much hair anyway. Some people will notice these things, but most people are so caught up in their own little world that they'll never notice.

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun View Post
    but while this thread is here, Does everyones shaving go beyond there legs. Does everyone also shave there upperbody as well?? Has anyone ever said anything about that while you had your shirt off??
    Shirt off, in public...NO WAY!! Ha, I'm so skinny I've always been embarrassed about my upper body. I have like 3 chest hairs so it's easier just to pluck them lol. I do shave my armpits but it grows back so fast its hard to keep up with. It will be "interesting" to see if anyone notices my shaved armpits now that T-Shirt weather is rapidly approaching. I don't worry about strangers or even co-workers so much, but if a friend was to notice, I'm not sure how I would react.
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

I don't think that most people will give your shaved legs a second thought or look.
    warmly, Linnea

I have been shaving my legs for years and nobody cares. A lot of guys shave their legs for many different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJo View Post
    ...I don't worry about strangers or even co-workers so much, but if a friend was to notice, I'm not sure how I would react.
    Just tell them you shave because it's itchy if you don't shave. You might even suggest they give it a try. Display that you don't care about it or what people think and just laugh with them if they laugh. Let it slide, don't draw additional attention to it and it will probably never get brought up again.

I honestly don't care what people say about my shaving... although no one has ever said anything about it.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

I'm continuing to shave my legs for the first time in the warm time, and so far no problems. So let's both (all?) do it!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kimkim View Post
    Okay I've been shaving my legs over the winter but as the weather is getting warmer and warmer I find myself wanting to wear shorts as a guy. My question is would having shaved legs be too suspicious? I unfortunately don't do any sports where I can use the aerodynamic/hydrodynamic excuse.
    Shave. Best thing I ever did. Where is it written a guy has to look like an ape. Just my 2 cents worth.

I shave my legs, etc all year long. I say be prepared for some people to notice. I even had one girl ask me why do u shave your legs. My first response was HUH? After taking a second or two or three to not respond its none of your @##$$$%% business. I responded "Because I want to" I left it at that. By the tone of my voice she didnt press though could see she wanted to. This was from a lady that I meet off and on in social circles as well.

I was worried about this the first time I totally shaved my legs. You'd be surprised how little people really notice. Of course, I didn't wear a lot of shorts anyway nor did I ever have that hairy of legs anyway! Hehe! But if they ask, just say Michael Phelps shaves his legs and he's no less a guy XD

epilator girls

Shave them - be confident about it and then forget they are shaved - you'll find nobody notices....

I have gotten compliments while shaved, mostly from women of course
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

I have been shaving my legs and my arm pits for 30 year and no one has ever said a word.You can't have any stubble or the jig is up.I'm not a vary hairy person so I only have to shave every 2 weeks to keep them smooth.In Ohio it just starting to get warm out side so I have been putting lacuna sun kissed with Q10 it adds a hint of sunkissed color so there no so bright white.LOL
    jackieo

Summer bigfoot

Yes I would love to stay shaven during the summer but I let it grow. I know I'm a big chicken. Short wearing weather always makes me let it grow out and makes me look hard for the first leaf to fall so I can bring out the razors and shave legs, arms, chest, and pits. I tried to stay shaven once during short weather but was asked about it by my son. I told him that I could'nt get some sticky chalk off my legs from a bathroom remodel. He bought it that time. DOES ANYONE NEED HELP ON THEIR BATHROOM. LOL.
    Last edited by LisaMichaels; 04-20-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: misspelling

Shave! I work in a tourist town and when I'm in a ticket booth I look at EVERYONE! I've seen guys with smooth legs and gals that are hairy. I figure, to each, his/her own.
    I'm clean from the waist down and would not go topless as I am a B-cup. They would get noticed more then being hairless!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJo View Post
    I was going to let the hair on my legs grow back out for summer, but after reading all these comments about it...I'm not gonna!! I just shaved em again for the first time in a couple weeks and ahhhhhhhhh....so much better. Thanks for the inspiration!!!
    Same here, I was on the fence about it untill this thread. I DID make the decision to start shaving my arms this past weekend as well.

I really began to think about how many guys actually shave their legs, so as my wife and I were out shopping this weekend I made it a point to check out everyone's legs. I was actually surprised at the amount of guys that shave their legs, it may be a South Florida thing, but I would say it was above 30% easy! So there's either a lot more crossdressers than anyone ever thought, or its really not that big a deal anymore..... Either way your good to go!