Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to quit... wish me luck

Going to quit... wish me luck

I decided to quit crossdressing.

I know that many of you think that it's not possible, and of course this is not the most popular comment in a crossdressing forum. But I will try.

I will try to number my reasons:

- I had a hard family situation that made me realize that my family is the most important thing in my entire world, and that anything, including crossdressing, will top my family in priority and that my family deserves more of my time and energy.
    - I made a promise to God that if this situation was solved, I was going to try to quit crossdressing.
    - I'm also not willing to destroy my marriage or the image my kids have about me in case I make a mistake and get caught. And something I've learned from this forum is that getting caught is just a matter of time. Actually, this forum has helped me to take the decision. Too many stories of struggled marriages and distress.
    - I'm too stressed about keeping my things hidden. I've already purged, including one particular item that was very important to me (Veronica II).
    - The pink fog has been fading lately. I think that I was able to see myself and not just through my "pink eyeglasses", and understand that I will ever look as a guy. Actually, pictures of some girls here (even the best looking ones), made me realize that looking feminine is just an illusion and an act of self-confidence.
    - I'm kind of appreciating more my male side. I'm feeling more confident and adequate as a male, and sometimes I feel phony or silly when I dresses

I know it's not going to be easy. I'm asking you to please wish me good luck, and to pray for me if you believe in God.

Maybe I will fail, but I'd really like to try it very hard this time. But I will try not to fail.

Thanks, and good luck!!!

Well, it's good luck from me, jruiz, with every aspect of your life.
    Blessings from God be upon you, too.
    Last edited by GaleWarning; 04-17-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: spelling

You have my sincerest best wishes. You have chosen a very difficult path.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Saskatchewan, Middle of the Canadian Prairies
    Good luck with your choice and I truly hope you are successful! Always remember the reasons you are doing this when the going gets tough!
    My Father is male, my Mother is female that makes me 50/50!

Family is everything. Take it from someone who just lost his last close family member. Good luck, and look forward with confidence.

All the best, but... I suspect it will never go away. Good luck
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar

Going to quit... wish me luck

Okay, good luck

Hey! How about staying here on the forum and telling us how it goes? Keep in touch and carry on being a friend.

Sarah xxx

Quote Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
    - I had a hard family situation that made me realize that my family is the most important thing in my entire world, and that anything, including crossdressing, will top my family in priority and that my family deserves more of my time and energy.
    Life is always a balance. You can't spend 100% of your time, even 100% of your available time, on your family. It's impossible. Happiness isn't found in trying to spend every last second with your family. It can be found in identifying where you are needed, how you are needed, and doing your best to fulfill those needs.

- I made a promise to God that if this situation was solved, I was going to try to quit crossdressing.
    So did I. Trust me, you have just about zero chance of being as devoted <I think I need to censor>. I made this very same promise a long, long time ago. I held to it for years. I failed.

When I finally broke the promise, the feelings that rushed out of me were quite literally overwhelming. I think I was getting a message that was very opposite of what I would have ever expected.

- I'm also not willing to destroy my marriage or the image my kids have about me in case I make a mistake and get caught. And something I've learned from this forum is that getting caught is just a matter of time. Actually, this forum has helped me to take the decision. Too many stories of struggled marriages and distress.
    Yes, it could destroy your marriage. So could cancer. So could a drunk driver. So could a tornado. So could any number of other things that are _beyond your control_.

There's an illusion frequently held by crossdressers that it is something we can control, remove, excise from our lives and be done with it. Oh if only it were so. I'm not a clinical psychologist, and there's little real research in this area. But, every shred of evidence I or any other crossdresser I've spoken with at length about it has said points strongly to crossdressing being something that is part of you as much as your eye color, your blood type, etc. You can no more get rid of it than you can change how you sweat.

Understand; there can be very serious ramifications to trying to suppress this within you. This forum has been witness to many people who have regaled us with stories about how suppressing crossdressing had very serious negative effects on their lives. You may find yourself more quick to anger, in need of drug therapies, counseling for seemingly unrelated issues, and more.

- I'm too stressed about keeping my things hidden. I've already purged, including one particular item that was very important to me (Veronica II).
    I can understand the urge to purge. I used to do it too. It seems a good choice when you're trying to stop; it removes temptation. In your case, it removes chances of being discovered. Sounds like a win-win.

It isn't.

- The pink fog has been fading lately. I think that I was able to see myself and not just through my "pink eyeglasses", and understand that I will ever look as a guy. Actually, pictures of some girls here (even the best looking ones), made me realize that looking feminine is just an illusion and an act of self-confidence.
    It's a flawed notion to think that the reason we crossdress is to BE a woman. Being able to pass can and is a goal for many, but for many it is so that we can go out in society and be treated as normal individuals.

As a recent thread here noted, it's not about trying to be a woman. It's about trying to be ourselves.

I don't dress up in a dress, hose, heels, etc. because I think I make a good looking woman. I don't dress up because I think I can pass (I can't). I dress up because this is me. I don't it for the benefit of others, I do it for me. I will always look like a guy in a dress. I don't care. If I didn't dress up, I'd have some very real problems in my life.

- I'm kind of appreciating more my male side. I'm feeling more confident and adequate as a male, and sometimes I feel phony or silly when I dresses
    Your self confidence as a male is good, but it bears little relation to your other less-typically-male aspects.

You're trying to be something you aren't. You're going to try to be something you think of as 'ideal', but your idea of ideal is not you. Welcome to self loathing.

I know it's not going to be easy. I'm asking you to please wish me good luck, and to pray for me if you believe in God.

Maybe I will fail, but I'd really like to try it very hard this time. But I will try not to fail.

Thanks, and good luck!!!
    I don't wish you good luck, because I believe what you are doing is going to hurt you. I can't wish you luck to do that. I can, and will, pray for you.

I would ask just one favor from you; come back in six months time, a year's time, a few years time and let us know how it has worked out.
    Last edited by JulieC; 04-17-2009 at 03:47 PM.

i definitely want to wish you the best of luck... coming from similiar circumstances i can understand the sacrifice you're making, and you can take comfort in knowing you're doing it for the best of reasons... of course, never say never, the "pink fog" will return... it never really goes away! of course, looking good as a female is great, but it's more about expressing who we are and how we feel... having said that, tho, i definitely respect your decision and hope everything works out for the best with you!

I wish you good luck because you feel that you are doing it for the right reasons , but have you ever thought that those right reasons might want to to the same for you .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    Life is always a balance. You can't spend 100% of your time, even 100% of your available time, on your family. It's impossible. Happiness isn't found in trying to spend every last second with your family. It can be found in identifying where you are needed, how you are needed, and doing your best to fulfill those needs.
    You are right, I can't spend 100% of time with my family, but I can spend more. But I'm sure about something: crossdressing is not making me happy either.

So did I. Trust me, you have just about zero chance of being as devoted <I think I need to censor>. I made this very same promise a long, long time ago. I held to it for years. I failed.

When I finally broke the promise, the feelings that rushed out of me were quite literally overwhelming. I think I was getting a message that was very opposite of what I would have ever expected.
    I'm not trying to be more devoted than somebody else. I know I can fail, and I promised to try it hard, knowing my limitations

Yes, it could destroy your marriage. So could cancer. So could a drunk driver. So could a tornado. So could any number of other things that are _beyond your control_.

There's an illusion frequently held by crossdressers that it is something we can control, remove, excise from our lives and be done with it. Oh if only it were so. I'm not a clinical psychologist, and there's little real research in this area. But, every shred of evidence I or any other crossdresser I've spoken with at length about it has said points strongly to crossdressing being something that is part of you as much as your eye color, your blood type, etc. You can no more get rid of it than you can change how you sweat.
    I'm not transgendered. I'm a crossdresser.

I don't think that it's on my ADN and I think that it can be controlled. It's not going to be easy, of course. I think that we have to agree on disagreeing about this point.

Understand; there can be very serious ramifications to trying to suppress this within you. This forum has been witness to many people who have regaled us with stories about how suppressing crossdressing had very serious negative effects on their lives. You may find yourself more quick to anger, in need of drug therapies, counseling for seemingly unrelated issues, and more.
    I'm having some ramifications already for having this with me. I hope to get rid of these ramifications when I quit.

Do you have any example of such threads/posts? I can remember a lot of threads about broken realtionships and distress caused by crossdressing than by quiting. I don't remember any of the ones you are mentioning

I can understand the urge to purge. I used to do it too. It seems a good choice when you're trying to stop; it removes temptation. In your case, it removes chances of being discovered. Sounds like a win-win.

It isn't.
    Why not? If I want to sincerely stop, it makes no sense to have all this stuff.

It's a flawed notion to think that the reason we crossdress is to BE a woman. Being able to pass can and is a goal for many, but for many it is so that we can go out in society and be treated as normal individuals.

As a recent thread here noted, it's not about trying to be a woman. It's about trying to be ourselves.

I don't dress up in a dress, hose, heels, etc. because I think I make a good looking woman. I don't dress up because I think I can pass (I can't). I dress up because this is me. I don't it for the benefit of others, I do it for me. I will always look like a guy in a dress. I don't care. If I didn't dress up, I'd have some very real problems in my life.
    It's a flawed notion to think that everybody crossdresses because of the same reasons. I also crossdress for me, not for others, but I want to look good, and I'm always disappointed. I don't want to be a woman.

Your self confidence as a male is good, but it bears little relation to your other less-typically-male aspects.

You're trying to be something you aren't. You're going to try to be something you think of as 'ideal', but your idea of ideal is not you. Welcome to self loathing.
    Actually, I think that we are what we make ourselves. And I'm already a guy with a nice guy life.

I don't plan to kill all my "female" personality. I mean, I will alway be sensitive, cuddler and all these "feminine" things that I do, and that I think makes me an special guy.

I don't wish you good luck, because I believe what you are doing is going to hurt you. I can't wish you luck to do that. I can, and will, pray for you.

I would ask just one favor from you; come back in six months time, a year's time, a few years time and let us know how it has worked out.
    Thank for your prayers. I really appreciate. But come on, at least, wish me luck about having a good result from all this, even if I don't succeed quitting.

I will be back in a few months to comment about this.

Good luck and best wishes

I wish you well, jruiz, we have to make tough decisions in our lives at times and putting your family and your marriage first sounds like a plan to me. I am not saying it will be easy, but if you have the resolve to see this through, then God speed.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Thank you all for your good wishes!

Good luck and we hope everything works out so we never see you again. However, we will be here if you change your mind. As the song goes, winter spring summer or fall, all you gotta do is call, you gotta a friend. Actually hundreds
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I wish you the best of luck in your choice.

Yeah!!! If that's what you want, hope you succeed !!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The best of luck to you. Your intentions are pure, and I wish and will pray for your success, and happiness. And I wouldn't worry about that promise to God...He will forgive you if you break it. LOL
    Kelly
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

what?

ok you want to quit crossdressing would it not be easyer just to let it out into the light and see what happens if the wife can not accept it then she could be more supportive if she knew you was quiting. the stress of qiuting can be worse then you think. if you take the purge i wish you luck and take it one day at a time or one minute at a time

Missy
    when in stress wear a dress

Banned Read only
    I wish you the best of luck...Here, sometime in the next few weeks I to will be quiting for the 1031st time ..

Good luck. I hope it can work for you.

Karen Sue

Good Luck. I hope you're sucessful in your ambitions. Just remember though that we're here for you no matter what and our arms will always be open if one day you do come back.

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    [QUOTE=jruiz;1689526]I decided to quit crossdressing.

Good Luck jruiz, always remember even though you are a male... who is very intouch with His feminine side and there is nothing wrong with that, dressed or undressed...its another quality. All the best of wishes

hey you came here...and that's cool...you tried dressing and at this point intime you think it's not for you..as they say better to have loved and lost than to enver had love....

Yes marriges can suffer from CDing....my wife knew about my ideas before I put on my first pair of panties....because I went to her with my ideas....and she has helped me and worked with me...but it's a balancing act of sorts...I'm one of the fortunate ones who's wife is OK with it....

Wish you the best...not luck because this isn't about luck..this is about what is best for you.....

Stephanie...
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Banned Read only
    I'll wish you luck, hun!

It's a courageous thing you're attempting.

And,you're right, being in possession of clothes or all the other foofaraw is not really the basis of how you know you feel. I think it's perfectly possible for you to stop dressing...

And if it's helped you recognize yourself, then it's all been worth it, hasn't it?

I've seen it here scores of times, and I've said it myself: It's not really about the clothes!

Good Luck again, dear one!