Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: am I the only one who LOVES being a cd?

am I the only one who LOVES being a cd?

I originally came here to meet and enjoy the company of other cd's, but when I starting reading into the forum deeper, I quickly found a lot of confused, self-loathing, purging threads. I honestly didn't expect that and there has been a rash of them lately. "Rash" really is a good term for that too, don't you think? Oddly enough, I purged the confusion from my own system before ever venturing online to chat with other cd's.

I understand that society (on the whole) has a problem with who we are. I spent most of my life hating myself for just that reason. It was in accepting who I am that I finally learned how to love myself. And I really do love who and what I am, regardless of society's BS view of us. I thank God for this gift and I celebrate it!

I take offense when people call this a condition, sickness, disorder, affliction, or any other derogatory term. It is none of those things, and that's not just my opinion - it is a fact supported by psychiatric professionals. I know it's not easy dealing with society's views on us (I have to deal with it too, remember), but we are perfectly normal people (at least the cd part is).

I know I'm not the only one who actually loves being a cd, but I wanted to get a feel for the numbers here.

How many of you truly love this aspect of your life? I honestly don't think I could ever be happy without being a cd. It's not just what I enjoy, it truly is WHO I am. And I need to be myself to be happy in my life. I wish I could cd a whole lot more than my busy life currently allows!

If you don't like who you are... is it JUST because of society's views on us? I think it must be, as I can't see any other reason not to like yourself (unless you go around causing harm to others). If cding were seen as normal by society as being left-handed, would you still hate yourself?

Being a cd has its complications in life (mainly because of society's dislike), and I could do without those complications, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I really do love being who I am. I wish everyone did. I hope to see that change in time, for those of you who don't.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Self-loathing & purging is a sickness.
    [SIZE="4"]"I gotta be me"[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 04-20-2009 at 04:37 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Gabrielle I one of the girls who loves being A CD And would not want it any other way.
    Angie

Gabrielle,
    I couldn't,t agree with you more.I am a hidden CD,er but that is my personal choice.I adore to dress and cannot see any reason why I should stop being my true self. Penny is part of me and my life and when I am eventually discovered,has I know I will,I will face the pain and turmoil knowing that I have accepted me as I am.
    Love from Penny

Thumbs up Count me in!

Being transgendered has brought many challenges, traumas and life changing events into my life, and the lives of others around me. I don't like that legacy. But that does not change how I feel about myself. I like me, as I am, transgendered.

I won't quote your post. I'll just agree with everything in it.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

The only part of being a CD that I hate is not being able to do it freely. I am who and what I am and always will be, CDing is one of that last parts of my being I would relinquish, probably only before loving my family..
    Ali Cats Creameries

Home is where the cream is.
    I was born into a life of cream.
    Cream is Forever.

I LOVE CDing
    i love my cheerleading outfits

Gabrielle, I absoutely ADORE being a CD. It's something I do whenever I have the opportunity and each time the experience is an absolute delight. I consider being a CD is a magnificent bonus in my life. Everything else is great but to have found this added pleasure that so few men ever know of is something I am so grateful for. I don't see any downside for me - no hangups, no emotional traumas about my sexuality, no desire to tansition, just totally enjoyment. I guess I am one of the lucky ones

I guess Im not happy- ha ha happy about being a CD but I am content with myself. That took quite a while to figure out and I feel for those that havnt got there yet.
    When I do make time to express my other side there is nothing better !! It easily makes up for any downsides that go with being a CD
    Cindy

I LOVE being a CD too! It is a great thing, I only wish I could do it more but my job (military) makes it awkward.

Hi Gabrielle, I love being a CD'r too and I love the person that I am. Was it Whitney Houston who sang 'Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all'
    If we don't like, accept and respect ourselves then why should we expect others to?
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Aspiring Member
    Count me in on the plus side. I consider the fact that I am transgendered as a gift. Would I get rid of it with a magic pill? Not a chance.
    I feel sorry for the high T macho guys out there that don't know what we know. I love being one of the girls. I just wish that I could be completely open about it but I have too much invested in the guy side of my life. It would hurt my family and I would never do that.
    P.S. Last night my 23 year old son was telling my wife and I about his friend's "man cave." He said," Any guy would love it; well maybe not you dad." My wife and I just smiled at each other. Leanne

I very much love the CD part of my life and every day I look forward to spending at least a portion of the day dressed the way I would choose if it was more openly accepted.

I'm with you on this

When I am dressed and all prettied up that is the real me. So I guess I love it too. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I think CD'ing is inherited and it's probably neurological and hormonal in nature and I know there are mental health professionals who think so. Since nobody seems to be able to quit CD'ing for very long anyway,I think of all the things nature could have given you,crossdressing is a blessing and a pure pleasure. I just love it and I have a horror of people trying to force me to renounce it or quit doing it. My original wardrobe got wiped out 4 years ago and I've spent the last year building up my wardrobe again. The only real problem I have is that there are some people in my life who I could never come out to because they would never accept my CD'ing. So coming out to them would just be asking for trouble. Otherwise,an awful lot of people know me as "Samantha" and I do this because it's incredible fun!

"girls just want to have fun,oh girls just want to have fun"

I 150% love it and wouldn't want to be any other way

Hey, you are certainly not alone. Although I've only discovered CDing late in life I certainly like to take every occasion I can to dress. My wife accepts it so that part is good. I can't see many others in my circle of family & friends being accepting though. However that does not concern me. I'm really comfortable dressed only wish could do more.

I learned many years ago what happens when I did the purge thing. It just cost me more money to get back to where I was before the purge.

I have grown to be happy with who I am now. I have learned that I am just another woman that had been born with the wrong body. Although I am not changing my God given equipment I am still happy.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

I do have a sincere affinity for womens' clothing and am confident "they" will never invent a patch for quitting!!!!

Gold Member
    I love this aspect of my personality. Have no desire to change or analyze it.

I used to hate the fact I was a CD. I'd have done anything to make that part of me go away. In the last couple of months, with the help of friends, I learned that this is who I am, and I love it. I sleep better and everyone tells me I seem like a different person, even my students have made comments. I really am so much happier having embraced Kendra. I LOVE being a CD and finally being ME!!!

I AM SO HAPPY YOU WROTE THIS THREAD
    AND glad there are others that feel the same way.
    Although I am grateful there is our home here to talk and support each other and work things out I fret over all the ladies here that analyze, worry,and are so distressed and I wish for them to find peace and love who they are.I have always believed it is a gift!
    I do not think that society (on the whole) has a problem with it, I just think it is so hidden the ones that do have a problem, it is from lack of knowledge ( understanding)and they are the type usually that have a problem with anything that isn't black and white.
    Thank you Gabrielle Enjoy
    Last edited by Di; 04-20-2009 at 07:23 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Proud to be a CD !!

Personally I am very thankfull, that I have been blessed with the gift of a strong feminine side and desiring and enjoying dressiong and presenting myself as a woman is the best part of my life. I know that in many ways I am a much better abd more well rounded person for being able to have a feminine insight. My only regret is that I was born male by mistake. Jean Marie

Love being CD, the fight is long over and I have come to accept me as who I am and CD'g is a huge part of that. It brings me much joy and happyness to find and explore that part of me that I fought off for most of my life. Now I just have one more battle to fight, coming out in public, but that will be another story.

Thanks for the post

Tonya

Although this road has been fraught with its challenges, I, too, truly love being a CD. There's nothing quite like the feeling I get when I'm 100% en femme, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Now bring on the dresses!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/