Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: am I the only one who LOVES being a cd?

Smile

I am very happy being a part time cd. I find it more fun when I have a chance to dress. I am still happy to stay in the closet too!!!!

Hi Gabrielle, I also love being a CD. Yes I have had many ups and downs and hated myself for what I was but I won't be happy any other way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's OK, I guess.

I love being a cd its something i really in enjoy in my life. What others think don't bother me one bit, i'm here to enjoy life not complain about it.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Loveing it

I would like to say I am one of the fortunate ones who loves the whole CD thing ...It is not my whole life ,,,,,,lots of other interests
    But it is one of the more enjoyable things in my life
    all the fun I have had
    new experiences
    learned a lot about the "other half " and how they live
    Sometimes it is a nice quiet soft friendly place to escape for a while from the problems of my "boy " life
    To me it is all a very positive thing

Jean Ann

Right on!

Great note Gabrielle! Thank you! THANK YOU! I am not there yet--but--starting to accept myself. My wife is having a struggle--but she is OK with 6 dresses in my closet. I am aiming to increase the number, though. I talked to the manager of our local Goodwill today, and she asked a few questions. She was very nice and said she is fine with whatever people want to do. She held out her hand and introduced herself to my shy(cd) friend. Gulp.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Gabrielle, after years of struggle I finally happy with myself and enjoying being a CDer

As a fun thing I checked my pluse rate in drab approx 72bpm, when dress it went down to approx 60bpm, which means I'm happy and relax when dressed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Quote Originally Posted by AliciaWeb View Post
    The only part of being a CD that I hate is not being able to do it freely. I am who and what I am and always will be, CDing is one of that last parts of my being I would relinquish, probably only before loving my family..
    I agree with this comment. I am quite happy to enjoy being c.d. but would like to be in open air so I prey to have seperate c.d.land where only c.d.s can stay & live without any hesitation ,freely move & meet each other in total fem mode. May god bless we all & gift seperate c.d.land/town/beach, c.d.city.
    vjaduc,d, loves lipstick from india.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I totally love being a crossdresser. I consider it a gift that has brought me so much happiness and pleasure, and has resulted in my wife and I having a marriage that is more loving and deeper than I ever imagined one could be because of the love, trust, intimacy and openness we share.

I love being a crossdresser because I smile when I look down and see my smooth legs below the hem of my skirt. I love the fact that I too can treat myself to a sexy pair of panties. I love the feeling of my bra around my chest and that when I look down those are my breasts, small though they are. I love the fact that I can look sexy for my wife. I love being able to see my pink toe nails in the morning

I love the fact that it has brought me to a deep understanding about who I am -- and has allowed me get in touch with my inner feelings and self -- the girl within. Some men aren't even in touch with the man or boy within. I went looking and -- smiles -- I found a girl there. And oh how I love her. Not in vain sense, but in a well balanced way of treating myself well.

Yeah, there have been bad times -- I've suffered hurt and abuse over it -- but it is the one of the few true things that I have in my life

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Being a cd is part of who I am. I'm not only extremely comfortable with that aspect of my life, but appreciate the freedom, time out from the stress, expectations, and ego, so instilled in us as part of our male gender.

I'm truly a happy camper dana

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

no other way!

There is absolutely no other way that I could experience my feminine side in practice instead of in theory. Mention was often made that I got along well with women professionally because I treated them in a way that made them comfortable. Now I know that I was just learning what it took to understand the "other half" of the planet. It is frightening at times, frustrating at times, but always an incredible experience! Lastly, I have been able to talk with my wife about topics I never knew existed! I love being Tina and all that goes with her.

tina

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Well, I love being me... and CDing is a part of me. Please keep in mind, however, this forum is full of people who are at various places in their life journey. Self-discovery is an ongoing process. This community exists to support and encourage one another no matter where along the path we find ourselves.
    Very well stated Holly.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Banned Read only
    I am sorry ,but no I really long for a normal life ..If I felt fem more often then yes I would probably like it but after 38 years of living in shame ,quilt and fear, never knowing why I dress or have such a strong urge to anyways.

I had my wife call me names of less than a man and always smeared my face in what was a bad marriage or the last 12 0f a 22 year marriage . I kept my fem side in the best I could bottled up corked and suffering to the point of developing "Acid Reflux".

I tried maybe it just wasn't meant to be, I mean I would have felt better if that was the reason for a disolved relationship. To hear "I will find me a real man " ..I can say now that I have left that surpressed envirorment and that I have had more me time this has turned or is turning into me being more balanced , that I feel makes me more complete and reflects me to others as a better person.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    I love being a crossdresser thats why I went to being a full time dresser and wouldnt want it any other way.

I really enjoy crossdressing as much as any of my hobbies. If it makes me happy then why not. I'm lucky enough to have a loving and understanding wife, so I'm sure that makes it easier. Even before, I never hated myself for it though, only wished that I had the freedom to buy all the cute clothes that I saw all the girls wearing! Glad I can now, especially the skirts! I personally feel its a wonderful life....

Gabrielle, I couldn't agree with you more. I love who I am and CDing has been a part of my life almost as long as I've been on board this rotating orb we call Earth. I love doing what I do and I don't intend to quit until they shovel dirt on top of me.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by curse within View Post
    I kept my fem side in the best I could bottled up corked and suffering to the point of developing "Acid Reflux".
    OMG I'm not the only one, I've been away for a couple months and couldn't CD. I started drinking and developped gastro-oesophagian reflux too. I had to see social workers to moderate my consumption. Military is more stiff with alcoolism nowadays.

Anyhow I found a way to sneak out of the base and still do it. My stress went down, stopped drinking and the reflux were gone. I can't deny that it is a part of me, it's a physiologi
    cal need. I NEED to CD. I like being able to do it. I like showing ppl that beauty is genderless. I like stirring the pot too. Showing machos that all they took for granted is bull. I like it just as much as feeling feminine. I just aimed it toward a purpose.

We CDs are ambassadors. We should embrace the gift of not being "normal".

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_D View Post
    OMG I'm not the only one, I've been away for a couple months and couldn't CD. I started drinking and developped gastro-oesophagian reflux too. I had to see social workers to moderate my consumption. Military is more stiff with alcoolism nowadays.

Anyhow I found a way to sneak out of the base and still do it. My stress went down, stopped drinking and the reflux were gone. I can't deny that it is a part of me, it's a physiologi
    cal need. I NEED to CD. I like being able to do it. I like showing ppl that beauty is genderless. I like stirring the pot too. Showing machos that all they took for granted is bull. I like it just as much as feeling feminine. I just aimed it toward a purpose.

We CDs are ambassadors. We should embrace the gift of not being "normal".
    Yes we should embrass the gift , I have learned and I am now permitted to do just that.. My outlook is " I've spent the first 40 years of my life a bitter young man I will spent the rest a not so bitter old man" I have to make the best of CDing . Not that the ball was never fully in my court it was never in the game. In my marriage there was no such game..

I LOVE this part of me. The relaxation and pleasure it provides is unparalleled. I only wish I didn't have so much body hair!

debbie

Yes I love it....I thinks brings balance to my life and I believe helps me keep my depression at bay

I love the relaxation and peace of mind it brings me. Nothing better than lipstick and 4" heels. This a blast with a supportive spouse.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

wow! :) :) :)

Wow! Thank you. Thank you SO much - ALL of you!

Thank you for living and CELEBRATING your lives.

Thank you for being who you are - who God made you to be.

Thank you so much for sharing your stories. I read EVERY one of them.

As I read through, I responded to some directly. Most of them really need no response as you were simply sharing your love of being a cd with me, and thank you SO much for doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Self-loathing & purging is a sickness.
    [SIZE="4"]"I gotta be me"[/SIZE]
    I wholeheartedly agree. Nicely said.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Kelsey View Post
    Was it Whitney Houston who sang 'Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all'
    If we don't like, accept and respect ourselves then why should we expect others to?
    Yes, but it's not just a song lyric - it's the truth. I spent more than 3 decades hating myself... and for what? Embracing who I am and accepting myself lead me to learn how to love myself. Even though I've experienced happy moments in my life before, I was never just happy until I learned how to love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha B L View Post
    I just love it and I have a horror of people trying to force me to renounce it or quit doing it.
    There is not a soul on this planet that I would stop being myself for. Not even my own wife (who happens to love Gabrielle). I could never be happy living as just half a man. I had to do that for too many years already. I exist on both sides of the gender spectrum, and so I shall be me, period. God made me this way and I'll never turn my back on it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gisele View Post
    I learned many years ago what happens when I did the purge thing. It just cost me more money to get back to where I was before the purge.
    And I'm willing to be that any "resolve" you felt in doing so was soon replaced by quite an empty feeling. I'm glad you're comfortable and even happy with who you are now. God bless you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra08 View Post
    ...this is who I am, and I love it. I sleep better and everyone tells me I seem like a different person, even my students have made comments.
    Since learning to accept myself, many people in my life have also commented how I seem different - happier and easier going. Maybe because I finally chose to allow myself to BE myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    I AM SO HAPPY YOU WROTE THIS THREAD
    Me too! I can't tell you how good it feels to see all my sisters chiming in with so much enthusiasm and celebrating who we are rahter than fighting or trying to resist it!

Quote Originally Posted by jasmine57 View Post
    Thanks for this thread, it seems like lately the only reponses I've been making here is to defend myself for who I am. I don't mind defending my feelings but it's a lot more enjoyable just sharing them. That's the reason I originally came to this site.
    I've had that feeling lately as well. Hence this thread. I'm so very tired of "I'm going to do the right thing and live my life as half a man to please those who love me". Thanks a lot for undermining who we ALL are as transgendered people. Nothing like renouncing who we are as cd's AND saying that the "right" thing is to not be one.

Quote Originally Posted by RaquelCD View Post
    In my early 20's I started to accept my self and things really took a turn for the better, better understanding of my self that is...
    Good for you! I still hated myself well through my mid 30's. Thank God I finally accepted who I am. If only I could have sooner - so many wasted years of misery. Better late than never though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Well, I love being me... and CDing is a part of me. Please keep in mind, however, this forum is full of people who are at various places in their life journey. Self-discovery is an ongoing process. This community exists to support and encourage one another no matter where along the path we find ourselves.
    Yes, a supporting community. I honestly expected it to be supportive of who we are and helping each other find comfort in an unaccepting society. I did NOT expect to find people trying to offer support for some "terrible condition" they suffer from. I did not expect to find our own sisters renouncing who they are and proudly "doing the right thing" by throwing it all away because being who they are hurts those they love. I don't have words to express my offense to that display of "cd = terrible condition to be overcome". It hurts that much more coming from a "former" cd - someone who should KNOW better than that. Nothing is easy in life, but turning your back on yourself AND expressing to loved ones that "cd = badness" is a big set back for us all. Some may not feel this way, but it is the truth.

In my self-loathing period, I would have NEVER spoken out about others like me and implied in any way that "cd = wrong". I sat quietly and hated myself by myself. Who am I to reinforce society's terrible view of us by renouncing it "to do what is right"?

The "right thing" is different for different people, but when one equates cding to something bad to be overcome for loved ones - I have a serious problem with that. Society already feeds me that BS every day. It hurts deeply when one of our own helps make it stick with their words and actions.

I should probably delete that whole remark. It would be wise to do so. It would also be cowardly of me. I only hope I worded it well enough to be truly understood.

Quote Originally Posted by LA CINDY LOVE View Post
    I am having the time of my life, yes there are some ups and downs, but I have walk on the wild side and I love it.
    Thank GOD! I remember you having some trouble with your family not long ago. It sounds like you're doing well now though. Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Taylor View Post
    Celebrate your life, each and every day and those around you will benefit as well.
    Well said!
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Great note Gabrielle! Thank you! THANK YOU! I am not there yet--but--starting to accept myself. My wife is having a struggle...
    You'll get there if you choose to. It was only after I chose to be myself, that I learned how to accept myself and even love myself. It wasn't easy, but if I made it, trust me - you can too. Be good to your wife and take it slow if she's struggling. Push things too fast, and she'll likely push back. Good luck with thing.

Quote Originally Posted by curse within View Post
    I am sorry ,but no I really long for a normal life ..
    I'm so sorry. I've read many of your posts. I know how much you hate this part of your life... Life isn't fair. A trip through my own past paints a clear picture of that fact. So long as you have a pulse though, you can choose to make changes in your life. Fight yourself forever, or walk through that painful door that may lead to eventual happiness. I faced that door too - and here I am. I survived... and even thrived. God bless you, CW. I really hope you do find peace in whatever way makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie801 View Post
    I LOVE this part of me. The relaxation and pleasure it provides is unparalleled. I only wish I didn't have so much body hair!
    Your wish is my command!

** blinks like Genie **

Here - try this razor.

Ok, I expect to take some flack for at least one of my responses (maybe more than just some). I thank each one of you who took the time to post about your own feelings. I am SO VERY happy to see so many of you celebrating who you are rather than expressing suffering from some "terrible condition". With all the sad threads lately, I think we ALL needed some happy thoughts.

God bless each of you. I love you all so much! And that's the truth.

I'll never turn my back on who I am again. If ever you know of a sister feeling pain or suffering - offer her some help. Be there for her. Let her know she is a good person and she is loved. Spread the truth and set things straight. We're not freaks. We're good people... with some awesome fashion sense!
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Banned Read only
    Gabrielle,

I know you mean well , I really truley do. If I bring people down it is in no way to offend or judge how one should live their life...

You have mentioned that you have read my Threads so you should then know a little of my back ground... My purpose is soley to those who have been keeping it " corked ". I've meant what I said that Crossdressing has been a bad part of my first 40 years...

Let me correct that , it's not the crossdressing but the constant battle for normallity.. To be the average Joe to not think about dressing when that cycle comes around , to be honest enough with myself and other members that come here for support by saying these things.

We all have our own levels and we take it to our own extremes . So if you and other members here are grateful and think it's the next best thing to sliced bread I say great!! Good for you and I am happy for you all and you have my up most respect and support.

I would just like to touch on the levels again , we must not forget these or up bringing or how one has lived or dealt with supression due to not being opened about crossdressing . How although not forced and due to not understanding why we do it, some try fighting it to fit into soceity.

How we think it will just go away ( thinking this for years only to see it all being a big lie to yourself ) waiting years for it to happen . Now that I have gone through life changing events and being able to come here , I have now finnaly found some support, somewhere I can talk openly about it and gain some understanding . But most importantly find others who feel the same anti or pro.

I have gained some ground since joining here yet still fighting sanity within it's self crossdressing goes against the grain of soceity and it's just something you do not adapt to over night..

Excellent Post and again thanks for your concern

I aree with you. I hate pants. I love being a CD and getting out as often as live allows me to in as many places as I can. I travel for a living and for the past few years I can only think of one or two times when I was unable to take an outfit or two with me. I am working on a yacht in Florida and had two chances to get out this week and one to just hang around the boat.