Thread: Something I noticed today...

Something I noticed today...

Several weeks ago I decided that I REALLY needed to lose some weight. I went out and bought some womens walking shoes and started walking at lunch. I am too busy at home to go for a walk (the family, my band, home repairs, etc, etc...), so lunch at work is the best time for me. The street where I walk is very empty during my lunch time so I'm usually pretty much alone. So I have been slipping on a bra under my shirt and off I go. I have been doing this for two weeks. Because I'm alone, I igured this would be a good time to work on my girly walk. Before I started walking I paid close attention to the mechanics of how a woman walks, in hopes of getting it right. The first thing I noticed about how a woman walk is how they use their hips to throw their weight foreward, rather than how a man uses his shoulders. I figured this would be a good place to start. I have been walking this way and now it has become quite natural and comfortable for me.

Today, walking past some large windows at work, I thought I was walking as I always do.... nope, I was walking "woman style". I am now noticing that I sort of have to think about walking in "boy style"...

Has anyone else had this type of thing happen to them?

Aspiring Member
    What did the "guy" think about the "girl" in the window?

It sort of shocked me at first, to be honest. After I thought about it a bit, I found it to be rather nice to know that walking that way can become so natural. I think a naturalk walk is one key to being in public without drawing attention to ones self (enfemme).

walking

always been told I walk like a woman anyway, so I guess I have a leg up, no pun intended lol

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemckay View Post

Today, walking past some large windows at work, I thought I was walking as I always do.... nope, I was walking "woman style". I am now noticing that I sort of have to think about walking in "boy style"...

Maybe the people on the other side of the windows? Funny thing about windows, they make unusual mirrors
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Yeah!! Hard to recreate that walk properly especially since our legs aren't attached to the pelvis in the same place a womans is.. I've found that it's better to be more subtle about it rather than try to over do it.... because on me at least it looks silly and contrived..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The way a woman walks is akin to how the Marine Corps teaches recruits how to march -- without bouncing, without the shoulders going back and forth. More from the hips and waist as we try to imitate now.
    And, yes, sometimes it is shocking to see our reflection dressed or even how we're walking.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemckay View Post

I've never gone walking in women's shoes or sneakers without being dressed as such. When I'm in guy-mode, doing my "guy walk" is almost natural. I've practiced it so much, it's pretty automatic, but there is some conscious effort involved.

Honestly, I think I need to be in heels for my femme walk to kick in properly. So no, I've never found myself walking in a feminine way while in guy-mode.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Aspiring Member

Smile Walking

I have been wearing and walking in HH "forever", especially last summer. A thread came up around then about "tells".

One day thinking that over as I was walking in the neighborhood(in Drab), I began to question my male walk... "Am I walking like a man or a woman?", couldn't remember exactly, so I tried to walk like a man. The funny part is, there was an elderly lady who would sit in a chair on the side walk near the entrance of her building. We had noticed each other frequently but had never spoken to one another. So as I was returning home "walking like a man" she caught my eye as I approached her and says loudly, "You're walking good today"! LOL.

dd