Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Working out

i run 3/4 nights a week,just as its getting dark,black tights,white nickers&short black skirt,get the odd look from other joggers but pretty much used to it now,one of the girl joggers did say very pretty the other night,made my day.

Gold Member
    My workouts are completely cardiovascular. So you could say it is either-or. I have no desire to be muscular and have no need. As far as outfits, it is all about opportunity. I still have a teenager in the house, so I will wear fem outfits when I am comfortable that she won't walk in on me.

Near my home is a public outdoor stairway, up a steep hill, of around 120 steps. I climb these stairs for exercise, wearing whatever I happen to have on. No high heels, though.

It is a good workout, that I can feel in my legs, particularly the last 25 or 30 steps.

In warm weather, I frequently exercise outdoors, wearing very short women's shorts.

It works for me.

Fun Loving Party Girl Ashlie Marie's Avatar
    its fun to read about all you girls that wear tights and leos when u work out like we are still in the 80's wow what I time that was :-) anyways. I wear a leo and tights and dance shorts at my dance studio for my hip/hop and jazz classes I take weekly, and since I use the gym at work and I have fully transitioned at work now I just wear camis and shorts like all the other girls and ladies :-)

Hugs
    ----------------------------------------

All that is important is that you are comfy with yourself --<<--@

Come Visit me: My FaceBook Page

Usually just a sports bra and tight workout shorts

For me just changing the TV Channel is a workout. LOL LOL,sorry I wish sometimes I did but I just can not bring myself to workout.
    Amanda

What a depressing topic . I threw my back out at work about 20 years ago and started working from home. Because of the back pain I could not bend, stretch, or otherwise put any kind of tension on my back, which limited nearly all forms of exercise. Meanwhile I kept eating like a teenager, and the pounds piled on. The heavier I got, the less I could exercise, and the less exercise I got, the heavier I got. Now I'm 100 pounds heavier than I was when I was injured, I've got arthritis in my toes, the back still spasms from time to time if I stay up too long, and just walking a few blocks to the store leaves me gasping for breath.

I absolutely *hate* being a size 24 (26 if I'm realistic). Any tips on taking off 100 pounds of spare tire when you can't exercise for long? I cut down to maybe 1500 calories a day but I get these intense hunger pangs that make it hard to concentrate on work. I can't afford a gym membership, medical treatment, or expensive dietary foods.

ralph

I'm a big Weight Watchers fan...

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I absolutely *hate* being a size 24 (26 if I'm realistic). Any tips on taking off 100 pounds of spare tire when you can't exercise for long? I cut down to maybe 1500 calories a day but I get these intense hunger pangs that make it hard to concentrate on work. I can't afford a gym membership, medical treatment, or expensive dietary foods.

ralph
    Ralph, I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. I had sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and a bad back. I lost 60 pounds in around a year, and have kept it off for over a year! Weight Watchers runs specials, so keep an eye out for them. I would still like to loose a few more pounds, and I feel I have the tools to do it! I go to WW now monthly for free since I met the goal my doctor prescribed for me. You will find out more women go to WW than men, because men think they can do it themselves. Women, know the power of the group, and I think that's the big secret for WW.

PM me if you have any questions about it.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar
    In the morning, I have a cute, black skirt with lining that's perfect with a mellow jersey top.
    In the afternoon, with weights, I wear a t-shirt or nothing and another skirt that is very short with no liner. I like to sunbathe in between and during sets, so it's very revealing.
    The dressing keeps it fun.
    Love will find its own way through.

my workout is

Pretty hard core medium to heavy resistance training 3 times a week, with cardio done on a tread mill 3 times a week. Nothing femme about my workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    Ralph, I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. . . I lost 60 pounds in around a year, and have kept it off for over a year! I go to WW now monthly for free since I met the goal my doctor prescribed for me. You will find out more women go to WW than men, because men think they can do it themselves. Women, know the power of the group, and I think that's the big secret for WW.

PM me if you have any questions about it.

Love, Tracy
    I L*O*V*E* Weight Watchers! I lost about 50 pounds in a year and have kept most of it off during my second year. I continue to weight in and attend meetings almost every week. Tremendous power in the motivation the meetings provide.

Like Tracy, I'll be happy to answer PM'd questions.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Just the girl next door. Michelle_Tokyo's Avatar
    After I quit smoking a few years ago I started going twice a day to keep the weight build-up that accompanies quitting smoking at bay. Have stuck with that pretty much and enjoy very much wearing a woman's tank top and nylon shorts (with a gaff that allows me to have a more feminine line).

My workout is mostly cardio now to burn off all the muscle I put on working out when I was younger trying like heck to be a man. That did work very well. Lots of Abs now too and the various exercises are all pretty much unisex. The one thing that is the giveaway is the little boobie structure under the tanktop. Have been working on them and they make a very nice little bump in exactly the right place.

Yes I need to start working out again. And in girls clothing what-else.
    Angie

Eat more often, with small portions. Make sure it is mostly fruits and veggies.

If you eat a salad for a meal, watch the dressing you use. Many say low fat/calories, yet they contain high fructose corn syrup. HFCS does make losing weight more difficult, but no one can figure out why.

And don't drink soda's. Drink water. Water can be flavored if you think it too plain.
    DonnaT

this may help reduce your food consumption

ralph
    In terms of consuming fewer calories, take a look at this article. It contains my own method and has worked very well for me. I have quite a hearty appetite myself.

You WILL need to exercise more to increase your metabolism and burn off calories. You don't need exercise equipment to do that - just walk, walk, and walk some more. A few miles a day if you can... or whatever you can reasonably tolerate.

Loosing weight IS WORK. You'll need discipline and a long-term devotion to your diet and exercise. There is no magic easy solution, but I hope my method helps a little.

Good luck.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

I've had some women's size pants and always wear women's sneakers. I prefer my cotton Ts for the top though. As with everything else I never get comments. Well maybe about some of the sneakers I wear, I've had several men ask me where they could get them.

I have started dancing to shimy on fit TV and it has helped with the fem movement of my body and good for me to boot. It is fun to learn how to move the hips and once I started picking it up it made it easier to move the body with out thinking.

Regina

Dance to the music, can you feel the burn

Regina -
    oh that's a great idea. I've looked at some of the different exercise programs on tv that use different dance moves and dance inspired moves and wondered if they might be worth a try, but you just added a great incentive. Thanks for pointing that out!
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

I exercise so that I might become healthy enough to REALLY work out enough to regain somewhat "hourglass" proportions. AFTER I manage that, perhaps I will have gained enough physical esteem to think my looks can be improved with clothing of either gender..

I'm surprised that more girls don't opt for tights. I got my first pair back in the '80's when Bill Cosby was in a race on "the Cosby Show" and wore black running tights. I thought, "wow, there's an item of women's clothes I could wear in public." I'm no runner, but still wear tights when biking and working out.

I wear femine work out clothes. Since the kids no longer live at home. It is so much easier to monitor there activities. As they call before they come over.

I do cardio and strength training. I used to body build and got really big. I have toned down a lot in the last 15 yrs. My arms and chest are still pretty big. I have big shoulders also.

I still love the rush of the work out.

Hugs

Jill

Dear Ralph

I hurt my back years ago also. I have had 5 fusions and 7 disc's removed. I was body building at the time(hence the bad back) Eating 15,000 or more calories a day. It took me a couple of yrs to curb that appetite. And of course I put a few extra pounds. It has taken longer than I would have thought or it did to put it on to get it to come off.

Needless to say I do not lift heavy stuff anymore. I ride a bike in front of the
    TV. I started off with 3 minutes a day that worked up to 5 than 8 than 10 so until I can do 40 minutes a day. Some times I can't because of all the nerve damage in my back. My feet hurt so bad I have to quite. Sometimes I do 10 min at a time until I get my 40. It is a life choice to try and get it off and don't be fooled it is not that easy mentally either. I hope you find the support you need and desire to slim down a little.

Hugs Jill

Ralph[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Jill. I do have a stationary bike, and I can usually manage 15-20 minutes on it at a moderate speed before I start worrying about the ol' heart. Now all I need to do is convince my body to do that more than twice a week!

Getting back on topic, totally agree about the workout wear. I love living up north where it's cold enough for tights 9 months out of the year.

ralph
    Last edited by Ralph; 05-02-2009 at 11:12 PM.

Work out in cotton shorts on a Nordic Trac, No ARNOLD look here please. Just need to burn lots of pounds
    will use the nordic trac as well but i wear pantyhose under my shorts so that my thighs dont get all chafed. have gone walking and running in pantyhose too. my wife doesnt seem to have an issue with me wearing pantyhose during my workouts. in fact she will wash them out and roll them up and put them away for me. i think i got a pair of hers once though, and i tell her not to throw out the pairs with runs; i can use them for exercise, im not going out in them (well i am if i go running but thats another story)...

Pantyhose loving CD pantyhosemelb's Avatar
    I often run in pantyhose and leotard