Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixing it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessigator View Post
    I wear skinny jeans and smaller t-shirts than I used to, though they are still men's clothes
    Yes, I agree with Jessigator. There are nice boot-cut low-rise jeans for men that feel fairly femme. They fit thighs and calves closer. (BTW, I'm so appalled by all of the "loose" or "easy" fit jeans available to men in the US. I swear they are subsidized by the fast food industry!) Add a sharp fitted shirt or slim t-shirt and I feel almost as good as I do "dressed". It also helps remind me to keep up my diet/workout routine.

Like several others have replied, I"m always crossdressed, it's just a matter how obviously.

I call my male mode "femme-lite." It typically consists of a pair of lo-rise girl's pants or jeans (boot cut if I'm feeling insecure, otherwise flare) over panties of course and a pair of thigh-high hose (summertime) or colorful girl's knee-highs (winter.) On top I wear a cami under a bright colored woman's tee (often scoop neck) or a woman's polo (they button from the opposite side but nobody ever notices.) My color choices tend toward pinks and reds. Footwear is a pair of Danskin tennis shoes or quiet leather flats (brown or black, no bows.) I keep my jewelry on all the time (three thin-band rings on each hand, a chain bracelet with a single charm, and a ladies' Movado watch.

I don't wear wigs in either "lite" or "full" mode. Instead I've grown bangs that are slightly longer than eyebrow length. When I'm male I part them in the middle and brush them to the sides, off my forhead. When I'm female I tease them for volume and wear them hanging straight down. My nails are all filed to points, but short, not long (they break too easy!)

Much like Clark Kent/Superman, I finish off my look with a choice of glasses and, as I indicated in a reply to another thread, I think that they do as much or more than anything else to define how people see me. When I definitely want to be taken as a male I wear rectangular rimless specs. If I'm feeling more "playful" I'll go with thin-rimmed oval women's glasses. At home in a dress, heels and full makeup, I tend toward very feminine, colorful stemmed glasses with large lenses.

It's amazing, really, how much you can get away with and still be seen as a (relatively) "normal" male!

Jacueen

I've found that incorporating female clothing/items into your daily wear is really pretty easy. You're going to be much more conscious of them than any one else will be. All of my jeans and half of my "business casual" slacks came from the woman's aisle. No one has ever said anything about the fact that those are darts and not pleats on the front of those pants. My nails are longer than what most of the women at work have, both ears are pierced and my brows have been waxed.

I found it easiest (for my own mental comfort) to take it one step at a time. In the end, I'm the only one who really knows, most people simply aren't that observant. Every once in a while something I'm wearing will cause my wife will ask if I'm really trying to present that femme of an appearance. She knows when it really doesn't matter and when I'd just as soon not raise too may eyebrows.