Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why do you Xdress?

It's fun and exciting. I suppose it's a sexual thrill that I enjoy. But then when I'm dressed all day doing domestic stuff around the house it not about the thrill. Just feels good. How many times when dressed as a guy do you stop to check yourself out in a mirror? For me it's never. As Corrine, when I pass a mirror I always look to make sure I'm put together. Just a part of me I like and have no plans to stop. Maybe it's because as men we don't get to pamper ourselves but as women we do. Could be overcompensation?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

The "short" answer, or "long" one?

The short answer:
    For the thrill, the rush, the excitement! NOTHING gets the old juices flowing like, seeing a strange, attractive, young woman in my mirror!

The long answer? I HAVEN'T a CLUE!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 05-18-2009 at 11:45 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    I started dressing when I was about 5 years old. Why? I was born transgendered. I have a woman inside me. I believe it's an xy chromosome thing. Just like I believe sexuality is not a choice, it's how you are programmed in the womb. I am more comfy in panties than mens underwear. So that's what I wear 24/7. Dressing can be and has been made sexual for me at times, but not a necessity. If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I would come out at an early of an age as possible and probably would have started my transition in my late teens. But, I am 44, married (happily), with a family and there are way too many poeple that would be hurt now, so I is what I is. But if I could go back and change my life.....I would.

Karyn has said it better that I ever could. I xdress because I'm a transgendered person. Crossdressing helps me to feel whole.

XXX
    Megan
    Loving the Lace!

Personaly for me I feel I havea domiant gender my male side and a secondary gender my female side...after all why shouldn't I possess two genders???? wasn't I concieved from a female and a male of equal parts way back when the sperm and the egg combined to becoem me....

I acknowledge my female side, I accept my female side and I validate my female side with my dressing...

Personally I think for me to get get to this point requires a tremendous amount of confidence and understanding that most dont have....because I think this is true (that we are of both genders) for each and everyone one of us who are born....and if we were all able to embrace this concept I think we'd go a long way at being a truly human species tha tis caring kind and able to get along with everyone w/o bias predjudice and the ability to blow this planet to kingdon come with a push of a button....but hey what do I know...I'm just some crazy CDer....LOL
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Because wearing women's clothes kicks ass?
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    My crossdressing to me is just one of those things -- similar to liking Vernors' Ginger Ale, the Beatles, or loving Canada. It just is. In fact, it is so 'just is', that I wish that it wasn't categorised as crossdressing, cause just clothes I like to wear., the way I like to look, and the way I like to be. Sadly there are some people who have to classify everything and place us all in neat little boxes to which we must stay within as our assigned roles.

Now years ago my mum tried to tell me (in an accusatory manner) why I crossdressed. One reason, first and foremost was because I was (at age 13!) an effing f_gg_t. Odd, how that could be because at age 13 I didn't know from staright sex let alone gay sex.

Then came the real leaps of logic. I was jealous of my sister because she was a majorette and was being selfish. There is only partial truth to this one. I was jealous of all the time being spent on her, and so little be spent on me, especially when it came to going to Ocean City Maryland for our 1 week long summer get away -- and having it cut to a weekend so we could go to another parade. I was more angry cause when we went there I usually met some cute girl.

Odd how the subject of jealousy or accusations of being a lesbian never came up when my sister played softball and and wore the same uniform that boys wore.

And then of course there was the accusations that I crossdressed because I wanted to be one of the girls who adorned the pages of my secret stash of Penthouse. Again, maybe partially true. At least I sure liked the lingerie they wore and wished it would look like that on me!

But then of course the topper was why I couldn't be a crossdresser. This was after I became sexually active. And the answer is -- because I has slept with a girl!

Bottom line - -all rubbish. To me, I like the look of a cute skirt, I like a pretty pair of panties about my hips, I love looking down and seeing the shape of my breasts as defined by my bra, I like long hair. Of of these are just looks that I prefer, they make me feel good, they make me feel special.

All other dime-store psychology can take a hike. Yes -- I'll say it -- I am 100% guilty of internalised transphilia, and that in turn has resulted in the externalised transphilia found in the love I have in my marriage to my fantastic wife!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

PS -- it was also something to do on a snowy afternoon home from school
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Aspiring Member
    This is a fairly interesting thread. "Curse Within"'s question was directed to each of us individually: "Why do you dress?" Of course, there is no "good" or "right" answer, whether this question is asked to one of us or about all of us. The individualized answers ranged from "habit", "driven" "fun" "stress-relief" to "chromosomal", "don't rightly know" and more.

I think the best response came from TGMarla who said: It's not an easy question to answer. When wives find out about this, it's often one of the first things they ask. "Why do you do this?" We hem and haw over an answer before we blurt out something that makes no sense to us or anyone else.
    If anyone asks me why I crossdress, I'll tell them it's because every once in a while I get to feel warm, glowing, & feminine. There is a part of me that wishes I were female, but I cannot say that that is the reason I crossdress. I think the crossdressing has a lot to do with why I feel that way, not the other way around. Crossdressing has caused me to feel this way. Prior to crossdressing, I don't remember having such feelings.

I remember a feeling that came over me one day in August 1969. I was driving home after living out of state for about a year. During that year my crossdressing really took off and I was completely smitten. On the day that I began the long drive home I was suddenly and completely overtaken by the need to dress. I was nearly in a frenzy from this need. I couldn't dress but the feeling stayed with me for days.

I believe we dress because we must, we don't have a choice, it's something akin to a biological imperative. Why us & and not everyone? Therein lies a tale.

So whether we call it fun, stress-relief, a habit, a warm & fuzzy fog or whatever, we crossdresser because we must. We can no more stop ourselves than stop our autonomic functions.

Besides, I never give in to temptation unless I can't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm driven to crossdress.... that's it.... So since I can't quite I have embrace it and turned it into a hobby!! or a sport.... And I haven't dressed since January but it isn't bothering me one bit..... sigh......
    But for me it was early March
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]To be a Rock and not to Roll[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by stormgirl View Post
    because wearing women's clothes kicks ass?
    and this reason too!!!
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Platinum Member

Because

I dress up because I can---it's my safety relief valve and it has
    a low pressure setting so the top doesn't blow off.
    .................................................. .thanks.....ORCHID

Because it puts me in touch with a sensuality thats impossible to express dressed as a male,I also love to push the boundaries of thought and the way I feel.

Last, I've grown tired of mens baggy Congo fashions, I've always liked clothes that fit well irregardless of what the current trends were.Most femme clothes fit tight and feel good that way,mens clothes hang off you like some sort of sweaty uncomfortable tent designed to conceal your body.

I hope its not too late to join in.

I don't know why I want to crossdress. I can't explain it, I don't understand the need. What I do know is that I feel whole, complete and comfortable while dressed. I have tried to stop on several occasions, but have always started again. I am feeling more comfortable with myself. I am getting past the guilt, and realizing that it is just the way I am. As my wife says "somebody has to be that 10%".

Jaydee

For me it is pretty simnple,

I like the feeling of womens clothes better than mens clothes, besides I am a crossdresser, That is a good enough reason for me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I do it because I have to and it is a blast.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Why? It makes me a better person

When dressed,I feel closer to the women in my life and my own sensuous and feminine nature. It also softens the man-rage that afflicts war addicts and bullies (not that I have these qualities), but it gets me further away from the meanness in men out in the world. I feel softer, more nurturing and sweet. Besides, I'm a lesbian in a mans body, and I think that female clothes and lingerie are the best!
    I just really like it and feel more comfortable in my skin as a woman.
    Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    If you think it's just a habit, try stopping..
    How true! I have stopped many times. I have even thrown out my feminine wardrobe many times. I've even grown a beard in the hope that it will help me to stop. All to no avail. The urge always comes back again, and I have to rebuild my wardrobe. There's something deep within me that I don't understand - something deeply feminine - but it won't stay down deep. It has to be expressed. It's been quite a few months this time that I have not dressed enfemme - but here I am back!
    Last edited by suegsusan; 05-03-2009 at 06:52 PM.

just because

[SIZE="3"]Stephanie said it all. IT'S FUN!!!!![/SIZE]
    Gale

because it's better than not crossdressing!

It allows me to be someone else for a while. It's like playing dress-up as child. I love the different materials, styles, and it just makes me feel sexy. Female clothing is so much more fun than male. Interestingly, it also relaxes me when I feel stressed.

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    I can't be sure,

It's all pretty new to me. I think for me it has something to do with the brain's response to the stimuli provided by female clothing. I dress, it releases happy feelings in the form of dopamine. Like a reward system I suppose.

All I know at this point is that the mood strikes on occasion, and chances are it isn't ever going to stop happening to me. Also, I've noticed that it's a heck of a lot more fun to surrender to the urge than to fight against it. So far I'm pleased with where it has led me, I am a happier person overall today than I was 7 months ago. If that ever changes, perhaps a step back or recalculation will be needed.

I'll let you all know when I find the 'Balance Plateau,' and if it's possible I'll take some of y'all with me.
    Last edited by Krista1985; 05-09-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling error!

I've been CD Forever

I simply love it, it soft and sentual, wild and crazy.
    It makes no sense at all.
    Crossdressing makes perfect sense.
    It balances the unbalanceable.

I love it and I'm glad today is day 1 here for me.

I just wish my stature was such that I could pass and then I'd go everywhere dressed.

Dianne

I love women and I love women's clothing and anything that was frilly and girly, and always have since I was 9. I always thought that women have better options in dress, and I was always envious. I used peruse Sears catalogs and decided what dresses and earrings I wanted to buy. I alway pushed for an androgynous look in college and when my rock bands were playing clubs, but now I'm 42 and have a high profile creative position, which requires a vivid imagination, which I already can't control, thank God. But once I got into career positions that required a professional image,and being around mouthy & egotistical salespeople, I tried to suppress my urge to cd. Things at work are now very busy ( a job which I enjoy) and deadlines are tight, and I often work late, and as a result I need a mindless activity in order to downwind and break free of stress related work thoughts. So far This has worked for me. Now I have a girfriend that is open minded, and I no longer have feelings of guilt.
    I have/had no intentions of becoming a fully transgendered person because I feel that I would be giving up too much of what I already have, but now I see my cd'ing as an extension of my existing personality...that which I have no interest in giving up.

64 and still pretty Steffie-Lee's Avatar
    With me I guess cross-dressing is a fetish, a fantasy, a feeling of euphoria. Its a misbehavior I can get away with; a release from reality; I can be another person; erotic and at the same time demure. I can do as I choose, go out, stay in, nobody cares and I love it.
    Most people see what is and ask "WHY?".....
    I see what never was and ask "WHY NOT?"...........

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

It was Crossdressing or World Domination

and crossdressing won! And you should all be thankful I am not your Beloved Supreme Leader of all Earth.

Actually, I really enjoy looking in the mirror and seeing that female version of myself in there. I can focus on that experience and forget about the bills, the chores and the problems awaiting me at the other end of the day. As Sarah, I only worry about what skirt goes best with a new top or what I can do to improve my hair. Yes, it's very superficial, but it feeds something much more important in my life. I get a little balance, a little distance from troubles, a bit of peace and a perspective that is not based on my knee-jerk, testostorone fueled life. I'm a better person when I've had some time crossdressed. Besides that, it feels really good.

I dress because it looks better on me and it's comfy too

I mean I feel out of my skin and just plain like a sicko and just bad when I wear guy's stuff. I mean it feels like i'm doing somthing evil!

hehehe anyone else feel like that?