Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you Xdress?

Banned Read only

Why do you Xdress?

From reading some post here I am beginning to wonder why some of us Crossdress.

Has it become more of a habit than meaning for some? I am just curious not picking any bones here for arguement sakes.

I do it because I have a continues urge at times that tells me I need to express this part of me. Perhaps fighting this urge and the struggles I went through to contain this part of me through out my life , has made me more of a sensitive person towards the gender I was not born as.

I know we are all different in how we express ourselves . Does your dressing have meaning ? Or is it Habit?

I'm driven to crossdress.... that's it.... So since I can't quite I have embrace it and turned it into a hobby!! or a sport.... And I haven't dressed since January but it isn't bothering me one bit..... sigh......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Feeling and looking feminine allows the image I have of myself become real.

Its funny, In the morning as I get ready to walk out the door for work, I always take a moment to see if I forgot anything.

I always seem to feel incomplete without at least some makeup on. Sigh.

I feel a strong urge to be feminine and appear as such from time to time. I quite enjoy the clothing and makeup, as well as learning things about them. When I dress I feel excited, happy, and calm because I am able to express the other side of my personality.

Former Member
    It's a need I have that I don't understand. It's just plain fun, so I go with it.

Why not.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm driven to crossdress.... that's it.... So since I can't quite I have embrace it and turned it into a hobby!! or a sport.... And I haven't dressed since January but it isn't bothering me one bit..... sigh......
    And I thought Karren would never, ever tell a lie!!

Personally, I dress because I like to! I am not driven, or turned on by it, etc. I just like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing. As most of you know, I did stop for a 5 year period and only started dressing again because my dear late wife wanted me to.

I'm dressed as I write this, panties, bra, white v-neck Tee, and Turquoise skirt that comes just above my knees. I will be going out to eat as soon as I finish this, at a restaurant I have not been to before.

Hope you all enjoy dressing as much as I do!! As Alice B says, "Why not?"

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

it's just me

From a very young age, I've had a fascination with how women looked, dressed and made themselves up. I didn't quite understand the differences between sexes when I first longed to dress like a girl, but I knew I wanted to look like they did - the pretty ones I loved to stare at.

Fast forward through the confusion & self-loathing years on to self-acceptance and exploration...

I crossdress simply because I LOVE it!

It was never enough for me to see a beautiful woman or hold her close to me - I had to BECOME that beautiful woman. I had to OWN it (the look). I love women. I REALLY love women... perhaps too much. The ones I find more beautiful - from their look to their style and the way they present themselves... it drives me crazy - I want it SO bad, I need to become it.

Honestly, since accepting myself as a crossdresser and enjoying it more, I've calmed down a lot. I can admire a beautiful woman now without her driving me so crazy (and having to keep my eyes from popping out of my head ) I can't say I can become the beautiful woman that I long to see, but I work at it and try to get as close as I can given what I have to work with.

I dress because I need to... I need to be ME, that is.

I dress because I like to. It's something I find highly enjoyable and I love the art of trying to become as feminine as possible. Yes, there is an art to it for me.

I dress because it is stress relieving and relaxing. I love to feel feminine. What can I say? I'm a girly-man! Maybe not girly all the time, but how I LOVE to be girly when I can.

I dress because I can. For many years it was out of reach, but I can now, and so I will. Why on earth wouldn't I? I mean, I LOVE it!

There are so many reasons. I think the most important and relevant reason is I crossdress because it's me and I love it!
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Habit I suppose.. it has the same meaning as it did when I started. actually I think it has changed over the years but for the most part I still really get a charge from wearing heels & hose...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I used to think it was a fetish or an addiction, until I researched (both externally and internally) a bit more.

Now I'm of the opinion (in my case anyway) that it is a need or desire. It doesnt require fulfilling all the time. In fact I am now only dressing as and when I get the urge.

I hadnt worn anything femme for a few months until the other day when I was clearing some space in the drawer. Somehow just being in and around my femme clothes gave me the desire to dress.

At the moment my desire to present en femme is less than 10% of the time, I am happy with that. If it drops or rises I will be equally as happy.

Maybe I am finally getting into a situation where I control what goes on in my life, not the other way round?

I enjoy the sensual feel of feminine clothes and just feel more relaxed when Im wearing womens clothes and I love to get fully dressed and have full make up on.Why?I'm not sure but it feels as though i'm programmed this way.

Pattie

To me, it's tied to being a social animal. As a social animal, my soul is fed by my social interactions the same way my body is fed by food.

Now the social interaction of a woman in society is quite different than the social interaction of a man. And for whatever reason, my soul needs that social interaction as a woman. It feeds my soul.

Marla

its not

for the weak of hart, its not cool, and i dont get all the girls with it, its not going to make me popular, it is somthing i need to do, im trying to excet this part of myself, you know?
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

I luv the diversity of clothing that is available to me to dress as a women. Men clothes are so drab.

It is me when I am at home or in the woods hunting.lol

Found a wonderful pair of pink camo shorts today at gander mountain. I am wearing them Tonite to do house work. Thought I might sneak up on the dirt.LOL.....

Hugs

Jill

I can no easier explain why I crossdress or say why I like sandwiches. I just do!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

It makes me feel real or normal---it just makes me feel me.

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post
    It's a need I have that I don't understand. It's just plain fun, so I go with it.
    So true!!! Couldn't have said it any better!
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

If you think it's just a habit, try stopping..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I agree, I tried stopping, and did for a while but then...

I have come to the conclusion that I dress because, as my SO says, "that's who I am." I don't know why I do it. But, it feels good, feels right most of the time.

I agree, I tried stopping, and did for a while but then...
    True. How many times have we gone through a "purge" state, only to come around again, usually a bit further than we were before the purge?

Why?

I have had the need to dress since I was a youngster. I have never understood why I feel this urge but I do feel it greatly. As I began to grow up I found out that my behavior was not looked kindky upon. So with this knowledge at hand I repressed my urges to dress and buried my femm side. In doing this I Became somewhat half of who I am. Now that I have been able to rediscover this side of me I am beginning to become whole again. However as with so many here I still have to hide this side from most everyone I know. My wife is the only one whom knows Bethany besides I and of course all of you. If it were not for my loving wife I would still be only half of whom I am supposed to be. I feel it would be a waste if I were to go through life still not knowing or recognizing Bethany and the joy it brings me becoming her. I still feel uneasy at times with this side of myself, but I am still greatful for finally finding out why I feel girly at times. Emotionally I am half a man yes, but I am also half a woman too which I feel makes me a complete person. Now I am finally a force to be reckoned with.

Bethany

P.S. Yes sometimes I can be quite full of myself lol.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KateW View Post
    I can no easier explain why I crossdress or say why I like sandwiches. I just do!

I like your answer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only

Cindy loves the game.

I love the excitement from dressing women have a large variety of clothing to wear along with other things,the thrill I get when I am out and about, has change over the years going out to the clubs is not what it use to be.

Going out to clubs and at night is not as exciting as it us to be, I love the attention and I get a bigger thrill from going out and about in the day, I go
    places and do more things in the day times then most Cd's will do.

Cindy love the attention the thrill and the excitement when out and about, getting dress and stay at home is a big wast of time to Cindy I love to push the boundaries by dressing and doing new thing and going to new places.....to Cindy it is a game that she love to play.

LA CINDY LOVE

I don't have a good answer other than it is fun. I do understand why people don't understand it. But for me it is fun and I think I look pretty good and I am a majority of at least 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee