Thread: Another Hormones Thread...

Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Another Hormones Thread...

So I've been wondering what EXACTLY does hormones do to your body/mind, I searched the forums and the Internet for a while and got a few things here and there but not the full list of effects.
    I only ask cause If I ever get to the point I want to know what I am in for and I'm just curious. This seems the best place to ask

*edit: What all have you noticed since you started using it if you use it or if you know what it can do, any input is appreciated

*Hugs*Kisses*
    Last edited by <3 Keri Lynn <3; 04-29-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]<3 One Soul on Earth, Two Spirits in One Body <3
    [/SIZE]
    PSN: Col_Scott
    Gamertag: Speederz

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gosh... You're asking for a rather long and in parts intimate list... Well I've never been one to ignore intellectual curiosity so here goes...

Body stuff:

I have improved skin and the hair on my body is becoming very downy and growth rate is very slow. Chest hair is now vellus type as is that on my arms which I used to shave, but now don't have to bother with... The fur on my abdomen has vanished and pubic hair seems to grow at a lower point down... and once more seems reduced in amount. I only shave my legs once a fortnight now.

Body odour has changed... I can't really smell any at all which I find quite odd... Urine also smells different... has a different scent... Talking of which my sense of smell has become highly acute... It has really developed as a sense... especially in sexual attraction. I kind of sniff my way around boys during the day...

Sexually I've moved from girls to boys... I used to be very attracted to girls both visually and chemically, but with hormones it kind of all changed. Six months in I had odd fantasies and attractions and then one day I saw this guy and my heart went crazy... Wow... Never felt anything like it before. Equally where I occasionally do lingerie shoots for a company I found that half naked or naked female models had no interest for me beyond scanning them for stretch marks and cellulite. I turned down a boy shoot... I didn't think I could cope

Physical changes also include the obligatory boobs which have just reached C cup this weekend though it is just on the border. I was quite happy as a B, but there's nothing I can do about it... My bottom is getting fatter... abdomen seems much flatter all the way to my groin which I'd assume is down to prostate shrinkage.

Things relating to 'it' I'll tell you but only if you pm... that's a bit too personal

Head Stuff:

I seem to forget loads of things these days... and I'll cry at the drop of a hat... Sometimes for absolutely no rational reaon. I was waiting at some traffic lights a while back and found myself in floods of tears... It just happens. Can be quite disturbing.

Linked to the above is my attraction to boys which has taken an awful lot of pressure off me... I find it so easy to think of them and my role and feel at ease. Being attracted to girls before was so fraught with issues... There was too much trying to be a male for them, which just didn't come naturally. I'd have been far happier if none of them had wanted to use the... well you know. It just felt so wrong in a way I used to feel sick. The single most distressing act of maleness I could perfom. I hated them touching it.
    Now I just feel content... which is lovely.

I guess I've just found it easier to mesh my head with my hormonally developing body...

There's lots, lots more but I've written too much as it is

Lisa x
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Mostly Harmless...
    I've not been on hormones for that long, but I've notice clear changes as well.

- breast growth, the breasts have clealry starting growing and the nipple have become more feminine.

- the feminine body shape is getting stronger this includes butt, hips, waist and under the breast as well.

- Lost one size in feet and hands have gotten slightly smaller as well, my old rings don't just fit the way they used to fit.

- hair has started to grow slower/less and lighter all over the body. I've had rather a big change in my facial hair, my mustache barely grows anymore, but my beard has so far only slowed down.

- My acne is as good as gone

- skin has gotten softer and more feminine

- less sweat and different body odor

- stronger sense for smell

- feeling a lot happier, life seems more enjoyable to me.

- I've gotten more emotional than I was before
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

I have been on hormones for quite a long time now and have had an orchidectomy. So the changes for me are:

Dysphoria is considerably lessened. Still there, but I can cope with it now without feeling suicidal

Body has changed totally, now have a completely female shape, with a big bum, a bit of fat on my abdomen and I am now a fairly tight B cup. Even a small increase in breast size will push me to C. I have also lost an awful lot of muscle mass, and my fat deposits now quiver like jelly as opposed to solid fat like men have.

Body hair has all but vanished (I was like a gorilla), except for the usual places, legs, underarms, etc.

Skin has noticeably improved, especially on torso and face

Body odour has altered

Much more sensitive sense of smell

I am also more forgetful. Nothing major, just a bit more forgetful than before

I am much more emotional, and cry at the least little thing.

I find I feel more vulnerable around men now, as in, I feel threatened by them.

Some of my likes and dislikes have changed. For example, before I started I liked horror films, action films and war stories. Now I find I like chick flicks, relationship dramas, comedies, etc. I did think that this may be down to the possibility that I may have been overcompensating before, and that now my real personality is surfacing, but nevertheless my discomfort at seeing blood and gore has risen considerably, and I am definitely more squeamish.

I too am happier these days. For the first time in my life really. That may have nothing to do with the hormones as such, but to the fact that I am now starting to live the life I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Head Stuff:

I seem to forget loads of things these days... and I'll cry at the drop of a hat... Sometimes for absolutely no rational reaon. I was waiting at some traffic lights a while back and found myself in floods of tears... It just happens. Can be quite disturbing.
    Lisa x

just like Lisa i have become very forgetful and emotional too i cry at commercials for crying out loud

also i am very content with myself less body hair and a better out look for life

oh i understand why woman get so in to chick flicks ....now i do too
    Last edited by MJ; 04-30-2009 at 07:36 AM.