Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: do you help around the house ?

do you help around the house ?

I woke up this morning , feeling terrible as usual. As some of you know I was in a very bad auto accident and am often under extreme pain.
    My Dear husband had this house picked up , washed ,clean, dusted . Laundry done ironed , put away .
    Vacumed ,swept , scrubed. Even the windows washed.
    Do you help with the house ?

springtime

Debs clean
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I'm retired from my job outside the house. As my wife is still working, I do all the cooking, housekeeping, laundry, grocery shopping, and so on. I get up every morning and fix her breakfast and pack a lunch for her to take to work. I do all the banking and pay all the bills. I love being a housewife .
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

BLESS YOU !!
    And I bet you're very good at it !
    I know she truely appreciates you , I know I'm so blessed
    springtime

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I actually like to cook and don't mind cleaning and doing laundry. We don't have specific tasks, we just do what we do. I like making my wife's life easier. No one is put on this earth to be another's serf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Debs clean
    It's not mess.....It's creative dust

I live alone so I do all the work here. I don't know anyone's house as clean as mine.

When I was married I did all the cleaning cooking washing and yard work. Neither wife helped out much.

Hugs

Jill

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar

do you help around the house ?

I do, yes. We've mostly agreed that I'm better at the house stuff so I do most of it. It's no biggie. Plus Becky is under a lot of pressure at work so she needs a bit of TLC at home - not chores.

Sarah...

I live alone so I am in charge of the cleaning. Good thing I'm also very tidy.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    My wife is finishing her PhD, so I have taken on the cooking, cleaning and child-tending. So yes, I would definitely say that I help around the house.

Kathi

Housework?

My mother made sure that all of her sons could sew on a button or make an emergency sewing repair, do the laundry, boil water, and some basic house cleaning techniques (the army and college taught me more about mopping floors and using floor buffers). My wife and I agreed to share household chores when we got married - I help with the laundry, do most of my own ironing when necessary, sew on my own buttons, very ocassionally cook (she's so much better in the kitchen than I am though I have a few dishes), and help out with general housecleaning - sweeping, vacuuming, etc.
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I wash the clothes and the dishes. I really don't mind doing it.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Well as I live alone, yeah, I 'help' around the house. But I've always done housework, we were brought up to do chores around the house. Mom worked, and she made sure we knew it was our responsibility to do the cleaning, and a good deal of the cooking as well because she was oh so tired after working. I've done my own laundry since I was 8.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't do laundry (take the clothes basket to the machines, though) or cook (except for pasta and sandwiches and salad). Everything else I help with or do. Afterall, I am the one who wears the dresses in this home.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Since I help create the messes, then I do my part and help with the cleanup. Cooking is no problem because I love to cook. There are only two chores we don't share. I have trouble with colors so my wife insists that I stay away from the laundry room. She has issues with mechanical things so I do all of the yard work. This must be a good thing because it has worked for over 30 years.

Hope you have a speedy recovery Springtime. Your husband's good deed has made me smile.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

My wife won't let me.... "you have your own work, stop tryuing to do mine!!!" lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yep. Most of the cooking and some of the cleaning. Cooking's the best part!

ChanDelle

Absolutely...it's part of daily life.
    No closet is big enough!

I like to help out around the house when I was young I had to help clean all around the house so it feels natural to keep the place clean.
    I’m falling down the rabbit hole and loving the trip down.

Right now I'm working away from home,America,until Feb. next year when my contract is up,but yes I do pretty much everything around the house except my wifes laundry,she prefers to do that herself.

I miss home,especially my wifes bantering,the cat always wanting hugs,and our silly dog,but the pay is extremely good so I will have to suffer for 10 more months.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

of course...

sensitive to the feminine perspective as we all are, I would imagine that most of us 1) would help if they would let us, 2) enjoy being a part of our spouse's life including keeping our lives running, 3) there have already been a number of threads indicating that many of us just love doing "chores" when en femme, and 4) we might actually be too much under foot wanting to put our 2 cents in!!!

Work does get in the way, but we generally get the job done around the house, and I do love to cook! Mostly we love to do things together, whether that's helping around the house or not. Some things we do partition, but many things are just up to who gets to them first!

tina

I do my fair share of things that have to be done around the house and I have a maids dress to prove it! I'm not much of a cook but when it comes to the barbecue I tend to take charge.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Well, hell yes, I do. It's not just her job. I live here, too. And the house gets crapped out just as much from my living here as it does from her living here. She works as hard a schedule as I do, and comes home just as tired. I take care of the outside, and she takes care of the inside, but these rules are not etched in stone, and I very much pull my weight in both areas.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Aspiring Member
    Absolutely, it’s fun to get dressed up and clean the house.

Quote Originally Posted by springtime View Post
    Do you help with the house ?
    Help? No, I basically do it all but I draw the line at laundry, you wore it, you wash it. lol

I guess all I am missing is the perverbiable French Maids uniform. lol
    Who knows may make the work a little more enjoyable, LOL
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD