Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: do you help around the house ?

Wink

Sure, it is a partnership, besides she is fun to be with. I also do the lingerie, as she has lost the loving feeling, there. She thinks it is just underware. Can you believe it.

I also live alone....so I have to clean....but nothing makes me want scrub the bathroom like that french maid outfit!

What I Can

I do what I can, cooking, cleaning, laundry, on top of 50 hours a week at work, came home from work today and fixed my wife blueberry pancakes for dinner, yes dinner, she said she wante it.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

I have always helped around the house. Actually I don't think of it as "helping" because that implies that it is someone else's responsibility that I am assisting. I believe that it's just a matter of sharing the responsibilities. The clothes don't clean and dry themselves; the dishes don't wash and dry and put themselves away. Vacuuming, cleaning the bathtub and toilet--why are these "women's work"? The fact of the matter is that they are not gender specific. So I share the house work.
    warmly, Linnea

My wife has been ill for a number of years so I'm also chief cook and bottle washer, as well as laundry, shopping, maid, nurse and everything else that needs to be done.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

I live alone so I do all the work here.
    Mistybtm

Yes I do my fair share, I cook, clean and do Laundry, always have, Momma always said you need to know this things, then you can find a woman for all the right reasons, not for maid service, Momma was right!
    Tina

When I married my second wife I was twice retired. She still had her job.
    She wanted me to go out and get another job. The fact that my two retirement checks both independently were greater than her paycheck didn't seem to mean anything to her. I was spending all my time keeping the house plus doing repairs and improvements on the 1950s home.
    She did not like it when I once referred to myself as the 'house husband'.
    We were divorced in 2005.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 04-30-2009 at 02:38 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Gold Member
    Sure do...especially since I'm the only one here!!! Oh, and I do regularly feed the dust bunnies!!!!
    Last edited by Miranda09; 04-30-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by springtime View Post
    Do you help with the house ?

springtime
    Yes! We alternate on dishes, but I always clean the bathroom. I do most of the vacuuming as well.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I do the tidying ( my wife seems to love hoarding magazines - it drives me nuts ) dusting ,polishing , cleaning the bathrooms ,wash floors ect . It takes a lot for me to hoover tho as I simply hate the noise of a dyson upright .
    I,ve made myself a promise , the day the dyson dies , I,m cremating it in my back garden AFTER its developed into 1000 bits from the finest tool known to man .
    A big hammer .

I have always helped around the house since I was young. It was not much of a choice growing up. I have continued to help around the house and can seamlessly bounce between "masculine" and "feminine" tasks. At times I sit at night and mend or do other things while watching TV or a movie with my family.

kim
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

I'm the man of the house, therefore I do everything electrician, plumber, carpenter, fix cars,paint, remodel, dishes, cooking, housecleaning, windows, computer wizard... just a typical husband... my wife does the laundry and organizes.

S.O. out earning ful time so I do all the housework, excluding the ironing leave that to the better half.

Well, it seems Debs and I are in the minority.

Luckily, my SO is multi-talented.

I do the house, I have to. I have teenage daughters and no partner. Its a bi of a tip though!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Help

We both work unusal shifts so there is a lot of jogging duties around here. We both do all the cleaning with no set jobs.I stay out of the flower beds and she doesn't mow.We work together to get the cleaning done.I do like to clean in the femme mode but they are not just femme jobs.I have learned that if she is cooking ,stay the hell out of the kitchen.I do alot of the cooking but with a completely different style.Nancy

When I am home I always work around the house. As a child I was taught to do all the chores. My mother and father thought that all their children know how to take care of themselves.

Since my wife works it's only right that I help wirth the house. At times when I've been out of a job I have done most of the work, this includes all the cleaning of the house except the kitchen (my wife doesn't want me messing up her kitchen) and the bath rooms. I'll cook dinnner do the laundry and of course I do the yard work.

I've told friends that I live there and shouldn't expect my wife to take care of the chores. To me there is nothing femme about doing work around the house. If it needs to be done just do it.
    Dana Fleming

I do the dusting and the cleaning ... and I love to do it in a housedress! My wife deals with the clothes ... she hangs them better than I do (the dresses too!)

Like quite a few responses I learned to do the cooking, cleaning, mending etc early in life. My mother thought anyone who couldn't look after themselves was useless. Our kids got the same treatment. I work full time and my wife part-time so she does most of the chores now but I do my fair share inside and 99% outside. I love cooking but hate ironing. Only do the housework en femme when home alone.

My wife is handicapped, so I do what little housework gets done - dishes, laundry, feeding and cleaning up after pets, taking out the trash, etc. Everything else gets shoved out of the way in piles until we need it. We might run the vacuum before guests come over, but no other times (too busy with my day job to do a LOT of housework)

Do people still wash windows? I thought that's what rain was for!

ralph the slob

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I'm retired from my job outside the house. As my wife is still working, I do all the cooking, housekeeping, laundry, grocery shopping, and so on. I get up every morning and fix her breakfast and pack a lunch for her to take to work. I do all the banking and pay all the bills. I love being a housewife .
    Holly, that is so like me! but I do let my wife handle the finances even thought she has me run to the bank and does ask my opinion. I do all the cleaning laundry most of the cooking and I love taking care of her that way. thought she never wants to see "me" she certainly likes the fact ,I like being a housewife. Wish she would give in a little more.
    "Every day, I learn something new about what it means to be a woman."

I do my share- cooking, laundry, cleaning.
    When the kids were babies, I shared diapers and baths and everything in between...

As Marla said, we both live here, and we both contribute to the mess, and marriage is a partnership, is it not?

My wife works full time as well, so it just makes sense to split the work at home...

Aspiring Member

I wish I could trade for totally enfemme

I do most of the cleaning , in and out. But I would enjoy it more thoroughly if the attire were totally enfemme..Maybe someday, I do heels and a slack and jean outfits..

Oh great! So now your husband has gone and ruined it for all of us! Do you know how hard the rest of us have worked to convince our wives that we can't do this sort of thing, and then your husband has to go and screw it all up for the rest of us! He'd better not let us find him in a dark alley some day or it's gonna get ugly . . .